#61 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

Football is the #1 sport world wide.
Hockey does not even rank in the top ten.
The average Canadian is myopically lost in their navel.
http://mostpopularsports.net/

Oh..... the popularity ranking means that those of us who find soccer not as entertaining as other sports are buffoons I suppose.
My apologies.
I bet it's all MG's fault.
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#62 Inthedark

Inthedark

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:50 PM

Clap clap clap and make some noise!
They have to ask for some spirit of fans.... great idea
Posted Image

Saving up for the next trip!

#63 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

It's hilarious to see the comments about soccer/futbol from a continent that thrives on Baseball, Basketball, MMA, and to some extent Football. I love the NFL because of the way they do it but the sport itself is pretty weak.

Someone doesn't understand something so criticize the hell out of it. I'm hoping this idiocy will be burnt out of our culture in the next couple decades.

This post is accurate in the sense that some people do not give a sport a fair chance and just echo what other say. In that regard, then yes, idiocy may be the fair ruling.
On the other hand, one's opinion regarding a sport regardless the popularity should not count as a fallacy.
I'm a practitioner and teacher of jiu jitsu yet my wife cant stand to watch me for more than 3 minutes. Her opinion is that jiu jitsu, unlike some other martial arts is boring. But she loves Football (which i can easily fall asleep to) and has a Superbowl party every year. We still love each other.....who'da thunk??
" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#64 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

This post is accurate in the sense that some people do not give a sport a fair chance and just echo what other say. In that regard, then yes, idiocy may be the fair ruling.
On the other hand, one's opinion regarding a sport regardless the popularity should not count as a fallacy.
I'm a practitioner and teacher of jiu jitsu yet my wife cant stand to watch me for more than 3 minutes. Her opinion is that jiu jitsu, unlike some other martial arts is boring. But she loves Football (which i can easily fall asleep to) and has a Superbowl party every year. We still love each other.....who'da thunk??

The point is that people claim soccer is boring, and then go so far as to not respond to the OP because it included soccer, or just straight up disagree with him because it involved soccer.

If you started acting like a di** to your wife for liking Football, then you wouldn't love each other. The problem is that people think it's fine to make fun of soccer (and go ahead nobody really cares), but they don't stop there, they go overboard and just start criticizing people or ideas that involve soccer.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#65 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

The point is that people claim soccer is boring, and then go so far as to not respond to the OP because it included soccer, or just straight up disagree with him because it involved soccer.

If you started acting like a di** to your wife for liking Football, then you wouldn't love each other. The problem is that people think it's fine to make fun of soccer (and go ahead nobody really cares), but they don't stop there, they go overboard and just start criticizing people or ideas that involve soccer.

In my opinion soccer & football are boring. And i've both played and watched both (played football for St. Thomas More and Soccer as an after school activity waaaaaay back) Fun to play, not so much to watch.

edit: I missed part of what you were saying, in that some do not respond to the OP- as I have carelessly done as well. So, my opinion on the idea of crowd involvement as is done in soccer? I think the fans would have to stop looking at their smartphones for a little bit or we'd have very few in the crowd yelling at the appropriate time. However, if crowd participation was increased by implementing this- i'd be all for it!

Edited by MC Fatigue, 10 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#66 Ray Canuck

Ray Canuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

if someone could forward this topic to DJ Dave
maybe just maybe he could get involved and at least try,
surely this idea is better than some of the feeble attempts to get the crowd involved
Posted Image
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Mark Twain

#67 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

if someone could forward this topic to DJ Dave
maybe just maybe he could get involved and at least try,
surely this idea is better than some of the feeble attempts to get the crowd involved

I PM'd him with the link to the thread.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#68 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Football is the #1 sport world wide.
Hockey does not even rank in the top ten.
The average Canadian is myopically lost in their navel.
http://mostpopularsports.net/

nice link, bet you thought i wouldnt click on it...

the list has as follow:
#1 - soccer
#2 - cricket
#3 - field hockey

i should have stopped reading after soccer.

speaking of soccer, what a boring sport full of whining diver europeans. if you were waiting for a clever retort, sorry to disappoint you.

SOCCER BLOWS
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#69 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

If you silly Canadians ever get out into the world you would find out how immature and small your brains have devolved.

Edited by nuck nit, 10 April 2013 - 05:30 PM.

#70 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

In my opinion soccer & football are boring.

And why should we care what you think when you cannot even enjoy a simple game?
The rest of the entire world love football (what you call soccer) as much or more than whatever it is you watch..

Edited by nuck nit, 10 April 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#71 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

The rest of the entire world love football (what you call soccer) as much or more than whatever it is you watch..

The rest of the entire world?? YOU MEAN EVERY SINGLE PERSON????!!!!!
Go away troll, you were better when you were stuck on your Gillis hate......
Wait....I understand now! Anyone who disagrees with you is a moron right? Anyone here appreciate what MG has done for this franchise?? NOT nuck nit! So, we are all intellectually inferior and our opinions do not rate.
Anyone other than me find soccer boring?? NOT nuck nit!! Again, intellectually inferior I guess.

Remember, half-wit, your opinion is just as valid as mine. Don't come in here spewing your rhetoric and not reading people's posts. Why should anyone care what YOU think? Is it a contest? Because more people watch soccer those of us that find it boring lose? Grown up, troll.

#72 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,415 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

whitecaps are starting to do this after goals
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#73 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

In my opinion soccer & football are boring. And i've both played and watched both (played football for St. Thomas More and Soccer as an after school activity waaaaaay back) Fun to play, not so much to watch.

edit: I missed part of what you were saying, in that some do not respond to the OP- as I have carelessly done as well. So, my opinion on the idea of crowd involvement as is done in soccer? I think the fans would have to stop looking at their smartphones for a little bit or we'd have very few in the crowd yelling at the appropriate time. However, if crowd participation was increased by implementing this- i'd be all for it!

That's fair I suppose

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#74 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

edit: had a big rant all ready and a picture too but whats the use? I mean, it's half wit we're talking about here.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 10 April 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#75 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,495 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:57 PM

I was in Bangkok last week-half the population of Canada.

Jakarta a few weeks ago-more people than all of Canada,

It is all soccer,all the time.

Should get out more ,it's a big old beautiful world.

#76 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

I was in Bangkok last week-half the population of Canada.

Jakarta a few weeks ago-more people than all of Canada,

It is all soccer,all the time.

Should get out more ,it's a big old beautiful world.

Right, watching or not watching soccer directly equates to where one has been or what one has experienced?

Obvious troll is obvious. And so so sad.

#77 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

to much anger just because some people like soccer/football.

let them enjoy what they want :)

at least the football is really played using the "foot". I can´t understand why people in USA call their "football" if it´s barely played with the "foot". it should be called "American Rugby"....
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#78 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Here's a decent example of what the OP means.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaQhxcQCbfY

0:36

You can still hear the Scottish accent in the crowd's voice. Pretty neat.

#79 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:14 AM

don't see whats wrong with soccer.. have you guys even watch some of the games?? you guys complain about how boring soccer is.. well something happens in hockey too.. when you have say nashville plays the old trap style minnesota.. what's the difference?? one you snooze for 60mins and the other u snooze for 90mins??

#80 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

The fact is that the

Right, watching or not watching soccer directly equates to where one has been or what one has experienced?

Obvious troll is obvious. And so so sad.

This thread isn't about whether you like "soccer" or not. It's about an idea that isn't even necessarily related to the game.

If you can't discuss it then get out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#81 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Oh..... the popularity ranking means that those of us who find soccer not as entertaining as other sports are buffoons I suppose.
My apologies.
I bet it's all MG's fault.

You brought it on by posting that stupidly large emoticon and the derisive comment about the most popular sport in the world. You are entitled to your opinion of soccer, but at the same time, people are entitled to their opinion of your opinion. You insult what people enjoy, you have no right to get upset when people get upset with you.

It's really that simple.

RIP LB RR PD

#82 d.joh91

d.joh91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:07 AM

They do the exact same thing when they introduce the starting 11 at the whitecaps games. It's pretty awesome. But the canucks don have the southsiders or anyone who wants to make noise really sooo..

well we did have the Southsiders, but only for one game... Apparently it's a bad idea to provide energy for your team to feed off of in North America...

Posted Image

#19 Markus Näslund

Forever a Canuck

#83 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

That's pathetic, I can make fun of anything I god damn want to, and so can you. What kind of soviet regime is this where our opinions aren't allowed... Give your head a shake bro...I've watched soccer...it sucks...it's boring.. As soon as some dude gets a foot away from another dude he's rolling around like his legs been shot off...I only had to see that a few times to totally give up on the sport all together... And the biggest reason it's the most popular sport, other than hype and tradition, is that it needs to be cold for hockey / a specific type of environment for hockey, and in contrast, all you need is some dudes severed head and a couple of cola cans for soccer..

Well, they can have their soccer, give me my hockey!

Edit: go whitecaps! (don't need to watch to care about my home team)

Edited by VanIsleNuckFan, 11 April 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#84 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

If you silly Canadians ever get out into the world you would find out how immature and small your brains have devolved.

What's this, some pomme bastard telling us something negative about our country?? That's never happened before...c'mon then, owner of the language we speak, tell us all about what we are doing wrong...is it the 2010 Olympics again and am I reading the post?

It's not a new adage having some loud mouthed Brit bless us with his higher ways of thinking, oh I thank you so much for enlightening me...now you can go suck a dick.. Cheers!

#85 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:57 AM

The people who say soccer is boring should think about it more logically. What makes a sport boring or exciting? To me, it's action, not just scoring (otherwise basketball would be the most exciting sport in the world! they score 80+ points each! HOW EXCITING!).

If you understand soccer, you'll enjoy watching a great pass or a great tackle, and if you understand the game even more, you'd enjoy watching the movement of the players and how the team tries to control the field. And since it's a continuous game, if you're paying attention to all these, you'd literally be staring at the screen for the whole 90 min of the game and be happy that there is a 15min break in the middle!

I'd say the same about hockey, aside from the frequent commercial breaks (which I fast forward thanks to PVR!). If you're only interested in when the puck crosses the net, most nights you'll find hockey boring too! It's not about scoring, it's about the nice passes, the well timed hits, the power plays and penalty kills, the way the checking line shuts down the opposing team's #1 line.

#86 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

What's this, some pomme bastard telling us something negative about our country?? That's never happened before...c'mon then, owner of the language we speak, tell us all about what we are doing wrong...is it the 2010 Olympics again and am I reading the post?

It's not a new adage having some loud mouthed Brit bless us with his higher ways of thinking, oh I thank you so much for enlightening me...now you can go suck a dick.. Cheers!

Generalization in general is a terrible thing to do. Canadian or British or even Americans.

#87 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

That's pathetic, I can make fun of anything I god damn want to, and so can you. What kind of soviet regime is this where our opinions aren't allowed... Give your head a shake bro...I've watched soccer...it sucks...it's boring.. As soon as some dude gets a foot away from another dude he's rolling around like his legs been shot off...I only had to see that a few times to totally give up on the sport all together... And the biggest reason it's the most popular sport, other than hype and tradition, is that it needs to be cold for hockey / a specific type of environment for hockey, and in contrast, all you need is some dudes severed head and a couple of cola cans for soccer..

I'd like to see you run for 30 mins straight and then get tackled hard... see if you can spring right back up and continue playing! Since soccer is a continuous game, the players have a hard to jumping right back into action when they were body checked or tackled to the ground.

And a lot of times when the uneducated think someone is embellishing it's simply the players trying to draw the attention of the ref to a foul that has been committed, which is perfectly fine in my view. The occasional time that a player is faking it should hopefully be fixed with technology as time goes by. And stop pretending like soccer is the only sport that has the occasional diver. We all here all the whining that the East coast guys do about our own Canucks. Usually it's just a bad reputation and idiots who follow whatever they're told like sheep.

You don't have to like the sport, but to badmouth it when you have zero idea what's going on is just immature.

#88 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,781 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Why on earth can't people figure out that this thread isn't even really about soccer? It's a good idea. Stop ruining the thread with all of this aimless arguing over which sport is more boring.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 11 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#89 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,341 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:41 AM

I'd like to see you run for 30 mins straight and then get tackled hard... see if you can spring right back up and continue playing!

Yup, definitely agree rugby is the most difficult and physically demanding... oh wait, you were still talking about soccer!

Rugby players do it non stop for 40 minutes both ways with two hookers using oddly shaped balls.

Now that we're way off topic...

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#90 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:16 PM

The fact is that the

This thread isn't about whether you like "soccer" or not. It's about an idea that isn't even necessarily related to the game.

If you can't discuss it then get out.

You miss this part or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.