The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Volpatti may have been bigger mistake than we thought......

Bodee

Just watched Volpatti's return to the Washington team and he played over 14mins and looked a lot better than many here gave him credit for.

The difference for me seemed to be that his line mates trusted him and passed to him. He seemed to be given more responsibility.

I always thought he was a guy who just needed more encouragement and players giving him "out" passes to use his speed.

His defence looked good and his marking was also faultless. I hope the Caps get a run in the SC and if the Canucks don't win it, it would be nice to see him get a ring.

Just watched Volpatti's return to the Washington team and he played over 14mins and looked a lot better than many here gave him credit for.

The difference for me seemed to be that his line mates trusted him and passed to him. He seemed to be given more responsibility.

I always thought he was a guy who just needed more encouragement and players giving him "out" passes to use his speed.

His defence looked good and his marking was also faultless. I hope the Caps get a run in the SC and if  the Canucks don't win it, it would be nice to see him get a ring.

Yeah, that 1 assist in 9 games since he started with Washington is really hard to replace. I know its not all about points, but he doesn't play the PP, doesn't PK, and isn't especially good in any zone. He hits, and that's pretty much it. I won't pretend Sestito is better than Volpatti was, but in reality, they're 4th line wingers, and if our cup chances come to a close because we employ Sestito over Volpatti, we were never a cup threat to begin with.

His defence looked good and his marking was also faultless. I hope the Caps get a run in the SC and if the Canucks don't win it, it would be nice to see him get a ring.

Archived