The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Grand Rapids Griffins - 4/10/13

NuxFan09

Seems like they're finally making a push to take one of the last playoff spots.

Seems that way. A couple guys over at HFBoards who subscribe to AHL Live and watch every Wolves game are also amazed by Blomstrand, surprised really. I don't think anyone expected what they're seeing out of Blomstrand at all. The kid is clearly made for North American hockey.

Blomstrand's blend of speed, size, grit and willingness to carry the puck to the net should put him on the fast track to the NHL, even if he's limited to a 4th line role. I guess it all really depends on his skill level.

End of 1st. 3-2 Wolves.

Shots: 16-9 Wolves.

1st period scoring:

CHI Regner 4 (Sweatt, Haydar) 4:01

GR Jurco 13 (Jarnkrok)(PP) 4:12

CHI Sweatt 14 (Schroeder) 12:04

CHI Matsumoto 15 (Blomstrand) 13:33

GR Almquist 10 (Mursak, Hoggan) 17:02

Not happening under Arneil, unfortunately... seems like he'd rather play the vets than give the kids a chance. Even though Cannata's numbers are almost identical to Climie's and has a winning record (albeit in a smaller body of work).

Although I am truly dumbfounded as to how Blain's playing over Polasek, Andersson, or Sauve. Ridiculous. They didn't even need Regner either... Chicago has been a very poor environment for our prospects. In addition to Cannata and the d-men, we have Friesen, Grenier and Mallet all sitting in the press box when they should be getting ice time. How are they supposed to develop, exactly? Looking forward to Peoria/Abbotsford already.

Archived