The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 @ Calgary 1

The Magician

2nd game in a row agains Calgary where the score doesn't reflect the game. Calgary was the better team for most of the game.

Lu looked darned good for a back-up but was way busier than he should have been.

Kesler IS making a difference but our offence is still pretty anemic - other than the last 8 minutes when Calgary opened up/gave up.

Sedins continue to be less than impressive. Tonight they didn't really generate much offensively until the game was in-hand and Calgary seemed content to sit back and give them space. Very disconcerting that we could be going into another playoffs where they are not scoring and the only chance of success is for our goalie(s) to stand on their heads EVERY GAME!

So, thank you Lu :) This one was you.

Not trying to dump on Weise. He's a very effective 4th liner, but he's sinking his linemates in top 9. I re-watched some of his shifts - boy was it worse watching the 2nd time. They need to call up Schroeder - I still don't understand why he was sent down. Not trying to be a homer for the young rookies, but he was very effective (as per his underlying #'s). He MORE than held his own in a top 6 role. I just don't get it. He's more effective than Weise - it's not even close IMO. Esp now that Roys here and Kes is back, they can get him some 'somewhat' sheltered mins. I think the coaching staff is making a big mistake here. If a centre gets injured in the playoffs, they're better off with Schroeder having played more NHL games in the reg season.

Also, Garrison. Darn is he good. He's playing on his offside and he's been the best d-man this yr. How is this possible? Oh right, cause he's a really great d-man.

2nd game in a row agains Calgary where the score doesn't reflect the game. Calgary was the better team for most of the game.

Lu looked darned good for a back-up but was way busier than he should have been.

Kesler IS making a difference but our offence is still pretty anemic - other than the last 8 minutes when Calgary opened up/gave up.

Sedins continue to be less than impressive. Tonight they didn't really generate much offensively until the game was in-hand and Calgary seemed content to sit back and give them space. Very disconcerting that we could be going into another playoffs where they are not scoring and the only chance of success is for our goalie(s) to stand on their heads EVERY GAME!

Calgary didn't give them anything. The better team won despite another flu going around the locker room and some good players missing. This team gets it done regardless. As for playoffs, I don't know where you've been but every Stanley cup in recent memory was handed to the team whose goalie was best at standing on their heads.

Our goalies played very well last year and we were out in the first round in 5 games. We need more scoring. It has been a problem for this team sincve last year and the Sedins are not as good this year as they wer last year or the year before. Good and maybe even great golatending is necessary in tehplayoffs but if your top offensive players don't produce, you aren't going deep.

Calgary is a depleted team that was showcasing rookies. Our best offensive players should be able to set the tone to some degree and not rely on what a team like Calgary "gives them". The real contending teams will "Give" them a heck of a lot less than Calgary did....how effective will that make them?

That's what concerns me.

I like how you throw around "Taken out in the first round". We lost to the SC winners. You literally can not lose to a better team without hoisting the cup yourself. That's not the same as getting knocked out by a crap team. Who you get knocked out by is far more important than when you get knocked out, the latter is just due to an arbitrary assignment to seed positions due to whatever division structure we have this week. The former means you went against the best and lost.

Archived