The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 @ Calgary 1

The Magician

What the.... I had Schneids in on my fantasy squad, but with Lou coming in I was worried about his little biddy finger, who knew, he played a rock solid game for the boys and was rewarded with a great 3rd period effort!!! Having Kes back just changes the offensive dynamic for this team.

What happened to Hansen?? Yikes no more

So Henrik Sedin has 17 points in 11 games when the Canucks have had a true 2nd line center (Roy, Kesler or both in the lineup) and just 21 points in 29 games without a 2nd line center.

If Kesler was healthy all season, or MG had traded for a 2nd line center sooner, Henrik would have been scoring at a pace high enough for him to have 62 points right now, putting him well in the lead for the Art Ross. Now obviously he would have been hard pressed to keep that pace up, but with Crosby injured and Stamkos sitting on just 50 points right now, Henrik definately would have been in the conversation.

First, Luongo came up big I thought he was going to be rusty and might have let in a bad one but didn`t. Second, I rather watch a game that canucks got blown out but still is exciting, and finally great game but D looked kind of shaky like earlier in the season.

GO CANUCKS GO :towel::towel::towel: can`t wait for playoffs we look so good already.

we lost to the eventual SC winners in 2001, 2002, 2007 and of course, 2011 as well. I'm getting tired of using this as an excuse to make being eliminated somehow sound better lol

almost did in 2004 as well when the Flames went to the finals after knocking us off in the first round

I'm getting a bit tired of these types of posts...

Please bear in mind people, the vast majority of Canuck fans have nothing but respect for all Luongo has done for the franchise. We understand that he'll likely go down in history as the greatest Canuck goaltender of all time. (unless Schneider manages to overtake him)

However, we also understand that this is a business and the team has a younger, cheaper and most would say (right now) better option at the position.

We also realize that although the team would like to do right by Louie, it's not a good business practice to just give away an asset like a bona fide starting NHL goaltender.

It's tough for Luongo, but it is what is.

What? The line "needs to gel", so you suggest changing it up?

Besides, the best pass I saw all night was Raymond to Kesler. (Raymond sucks two Calgary defenders into playing him, leaving Kes a clear lane to the net) Too bad Kesler shot it over top of the net...

I think people are low rating how hard it is to play the Flames atm.

This is a team that just had a firesale & everyone is saying they're tanking.

NHL players have a lot of pride & this is a team under 0 outside pressure to play well but with a TON to prove to themselves.

They can & are going out & playing extremely hard every night.

The Flames are playing the best hockey in terms of effort that they've played in years.

:) Once the management & fans of a team are content to tank it tends to be extremely motivational for the guys who are actually put out on the ice every night.

So Henrik Sedin has 17 points in 11 games when the Canucks have had a true 2nd line center (Roy, Kesler or both in the lineup) and just 21 points in 29 games without a 2nd line center.

If Kesler was healthy all season, or MG had traded for a 2nd line center sooner, Henrik would have been scoring at a pace high enough for him to have 62 points right now, putting him well in the lead for the Art Ross. Now obviously he would have been hard pressed to keep that pace up, but with Crosby injured and Stamkos sitting on just 50 points right now, Henrik definately would have been in the conversation.

Like I said, a defeatist looking for excuses to make yourself feel better.

Every year, there is a mountain to overcome for any team to be successful. The winners find ways to fight through it,. The losers, lose.

EDIT: your juvenile attempt at an insult = pathetic!

Archived