167 replies to this topic

#121 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:01 AM

At least the Oilers fans can brag about their promising looking future.

True and that helps to make it all that much sweeter.. they talk about how crappy some of our fans are but reading some of the nonsense spewed on their forums after a loss, the complete mouth-breathing ignorant and sometimes nasty crap, makes even the most braindead canucks fans look not as bad.. id rather take ignorant and knee jerk over outright stupid and hateful.. wishes for some players to die? I mean wtf

#122 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

True and that helps to make it all that much sweeter.. they talk about how crappy some of our fans are but reading some of the nonsense spewed on their forums after a loss, the complete mouth-breathing ignorant and sometimes nasty crap, makes even the most braindead canucks fans look not as bad.. id rather take ignorant and knee jerk over outright stupid and hateful.. wishes for some players to die? I mean wtf

That's awful. You'd think that with the death of one of their own prospects a few years ago that they'd be considerate enough not to wish that on others.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#123 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

2001, 2002, 2007, 2010, 2011, and 2012 to be exact.

We've lost to the eventual cup champs 6 of the last 12 years. That's 50 freaking percent.

That's a horrible stat to be associated with.

Is it really? In the last 12 years, the Western Conference champions won 50% of the time. We just so happen to face them each time with the exception of the 2008 Red Wings. Not that bad of a stat to be associated with IMO.

It means we're either the best in the West, or we were beat by the best in the West.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#124 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:15 AM

We had one of our star first liners out with a concussion that he's still feeling the effects of. Your view of past events is clearly obscured by your rectum.

Like I said, a defeatist looking for excuses to make yourself feel better.

Every year, there is a mountain to overcome for any team to be successful. The winners find ways to fight through it,. The losers, lose.

EDIT: your juvenile attempt at an insult = pathetic!

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 11 April 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#125 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I'm sorry, but we played pretty bad. If this wasn't the Calgary Heat we would have clearly lost.

Edited by Rypien37, 11 April 2013 - 12:16 AM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#126 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:17 AM

Good to see Lu back. Awesome third period.

g3HKFnX.png

#127 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:21 AM

Too bad they couldn't give Dustin a few minutes -- literally once in a life time opportunity for that guy.
Posted Image

#128 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:35 AM

Too bad they couldn't give Dustin a few minutes -- literally once in a life time opportunity for that guy.

I was thinking the same thing when the score got to 4-1. Why not give him the last 2+ minutes?

#129 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

Is it really? In the last 12 years, the Western Conference champions won 50% of the time. We just so happen to face them each time with the exception of the 2008 Red Wings. Not that bad of a stat to be associated with IMO.

It means we're either the best in the West, or we were beat by the best in the West.

Yes it is. 3 of those losses were in the first round. Two of them in the second.

If we had gotten through at least one of those teams we could have had a great chance to go to the finals.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#130 Loudwater

Loudwater

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:46 AM

Respect, Lui.

"One day, in the near future, we'll have two Cups up there." -- Kirk McLean

#131 nucksfan#2

nucksfan#2

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

giving up 40+ shots and out chanced by the Abbotsford Heat is not cool...otherwise, good road win.

#132 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:03 AM

According to Luongo post-game that was actually the plan in the last minute but there wasn't a whistle.

aXmDa9t.gif

#133 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,925 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Good job boys. Nice to see them getting wins from their 9.3 cap-investment. You get the feeling if they fall behind in these kinda' games, they'd quickly turn up the heat. Believe they're playing a lil'possum-saving energy, & trying to play relatively safely.

Getting concerned about these fwd injuries. Wish MG would've picked up 1 or 2 more big, cheap, bottom-6 guys.

After Sweatt, Schray, Jensen, Gordon anyone know what other candidates we have for depth-fwds? Also, does the 4 callup- thing only last until your AHL franchise is out? Advance thanks for this info...

Edited by Nuxfanabroad, 11 April 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#134 nucksfan#2

nucksfan#2

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

random questions, how do you put gifs in sig? Thanks in advance!

#135 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Great game for Lu. The team better not give up 40+ shots to Anaheim or Chicago, though.

#136 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

According to Luongo post-game that was actually the plan in the last minute but there wasn't a whistle.

Ah, too bad.

Still a great experience for him either way.
Posted Image

#137 Burrows91

Burrows91

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Aside from all the obvious stand outs, I thought Alberts had a really solid game. He blocked a couple shots, played well defensively, made some really nice breakout passes, and even saw a couple dangles from him. Have to say I'm quite impressed
2iaadl5.jpg

Credit: -Vintage Canuck-

#138 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:42 AM

Still no word on Hansen ey?

Calgarys coach had some nice things to say about Luongos play tonight. Said goaltending is the most important position in hockey and Canucks have 2 of the best goalies in the league.

#139 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:53 AM

Lou was spectacular tonight! Wish he gets starts a bit more often from now on.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#140 MrCanuck94

MrCanuck94

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

missed being able to chant Luuuuu after big saves, excellent game by him!

Luuuuuuuuuuu

#141 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:26 AM

So amusing reading the butthurt lame fans in calgarypuck trying to make themselves feel better by saying we have an aging core lol.

Hahaha, I find it amusing as well. It's just a lot of bitterness over there. I would be bitter too if I had to live in Calgary. Some of their fans over there were upset Luongo skated out and gave his stick to a kid. A kid. They were upset a kid got a free goalie stick. I mean, seriously?

That being said, you can't really deny that we do have an aging core. It's the truth.

RIP LB RR PD

#142 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:28 AM

would that be kind of "showing up" the Flames? Let alone telling Bobby Lu to park it on the bench after he has waited almost a month to play. They let the kid go out on the ice first, have a great seat for the game and a free jersey, I'll take that for free.

You guys in BC have no idea how difficult it is watching games with the other teams announcers, freaking horrible. Flames announcers are terrible.

#143 CmdrAdama

CmdrAdama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:48 AM

FLAMES HAD HOPE THIS GAME

BUT WE CRUSHED IT

SUCK IT CALGARY!#@@!

Most Flames fans actually WANT to lose every last game... get the most chance to land that #1 they want... but still, if it were the Canucks in that place, I know I'd like to see a win at home, regardless. lol, sucks to be a Lames fan!

#144 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

What the.... I had Schneids in on my fantasy squad, but with Lou coming in I was worried about his little biddy finger, who knew, he played a rock solid game for the boys and was rewarded with a great 3rd period effort!!! Having Kes back just changes the offensive dynamic for this team.

What happened to Hansen?? Yikes no more

#145 philtbc829

philtbc829

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:34 AM

So is that the new Canucks road style...play rope-a-dope for 2 and a half periods and then come to life for 5 minutes in the third ....not sure if that will work against the Avs but who knows....

#146 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

So Henrik Sedin has 17 points in 11 games when the Canucks have had a true 2nd line center (Roy, Kesler or both in the lineup) and just 21 points in 29 games without a 2nd line center.

If Kesler was healthy all season, or MG had traded for a 2nd line center sooner, Henrik would have been scoring at a pace high enough for him to have 62 points right now, putting him well in the lead for the Art Ross. Now obviously he would have been hard pressed to keep that pace up, but with Crosby injured and Stamkos sitting on just 50 points right now, Henrik definately would have been in the conversation.
Posted Image

#147 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,456 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

<p>

<br />
Start Luongo next game<br />

<br />
<br />
</p>

Looking back at our last several games, I don't care who starts!

307mg00.jpg

#148 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:48 AM

Luongo got robbed on the shut-out front...
Too bad
great game lu
great 3rd boys...
Posted Image

#149 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Luongo made a statement tonight that he and Schneider are both ready to go at any time. Great game by Lu. Lets go playoffs!

#150 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,386 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

Great Save Luongo! Thank you Mr. Luongo - us Canucks fans don't deserve what you've done for this franchise. I hope we win the cup this year as you deserve to have your name on it. Go Canucks Go!

I'm getting a bit tired of these types of posts...

Please bear in mind people, the vast majority of Canuck fans have nothing but respect for all Luongo has done for the franchise. We understand that he'll likely go down in history as the greatest Canuck goaltender of all time. (unless Schneider manages to overtake him)

However, we also understand that this is a business and the team has a younger, cheaper and most would say (right now) better option at the position.

We also realize that although the team would like to do right by Louie, it's not a good business practice to just give away an asset like a bona fide starting NHL goaltender.

It's tough for Luongo, but it is what is.

Kesler's line needs to gel. Maybe try Ebbett there to get Raymond and Kes better looks?ie a passer as opposed to 3 shooters?..not sure if Kass is the best fit yet..I would hate to take Roy baby from the Hansen Higgy line.

What? The line "needs to gel", so you suggest changing it up?

Besides, the best pass I saw all night was Raymond to Kesler. (Raymond sucks two Calgary defenders into playing him, leaving Kes a clear lane to the net) Too bad Kesler shot it over top of the net...

Edited by RUPERTKBD, 11 April 2013 - 07:15 AM.

Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.