The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 4 @ Calgary 1

The Magician

Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/4/11/roberto-luongo-reminds-us-hes-still-good-canucks-score-3-late-to-win-4-1-recap-and-chance-data

Wowsa, it's a doosie. Some highlights.

- Cgy outchanced Van 24-20. You'd normally see around 15 scoring chances per game - for each team. Giving up 24 scoring chances to the Flames is, ugh, well.

- Kassian was on the ice for 12 of those 24 scoring chances against. Yes. You read that right. 1/2 of the scoring chances against. Safe to say I've never seen that. Ever. If Av reviews the tape, I'm guessing Kass gets demoted.

- Luongo was the difference.

Canucks Army recap: http://canucksarmy.com/2013/4/11/roberto-luongo-reminds-us-hes-still-good-canucks-score-3-late-to-win-4-1-recap-and-chance-data

Wowsa, it's a doosie. Some highlights.

- Kassian was on the ice for 12 of those 24 scoring chances against. Yes. You read that right. 1/2 of the scoring chances against. Safe to say I've never seen that. Ever. If Av reviews the tape, I'm guessing Kass gets demoted

Well THAT wasn't a Picasso eh?

Geez, giving up 41 shots to the Flames!?

Unbelievable how Luongo can sit for 11 games and then come in and make 40 saves. Very impressive

Glad we finally broke free and got the goals we needed. 6 points clear of Minny now.

A few too many odd man rushes against today

Also didn't like the scrambly neutral zone play. Seemed like the puck didn't want to stay on anyone's stick

Lu made some good saves. His style of play still scares me and it seems like he's not in control as much as Schneider. Luo definitely goes for the dramatic saves whereas Schneider is a lot more positional. But Luo's style works for him so that's all that matters.

Great story on Dustin Butler too. Must have been a great experience. Good for him!

we lost to the eventual SC winners in 2001, 2002, 2007 and of course, 2011 as well. I'm getting tired of using this as an excuse to make being eliminated somehow sound better lol

almost did in 2004 as well when the Flames went to the finals after knocking us off in the first round

I agree, Lou had a very good game but I agree, its hard to watch him play. He gets away with a lot of technical mistakes and is very inefficient which is not a game that holds up over time or is consistent game to game. He did control his rebounds tonight which was a huge improvement and better positionally for the most part. A very good game in light of his lack of playing time, the perfect backup for Schneids.

Luongo after game Luongo: "I really needed to do this first and foremost for myself. I have been through a lot the last few weeks so ....

"I wanted to really make sure that I showed the guys that I am here for the rest of the year and 100 per cent dedicated."

"I was nervous, go figure after 12 years in the league you are still nervous to play a game."

Wow lol this guy man unreal. You can tell how he is feeling.

I agree, Lou had a very good game but I agree, its hard to watch him play. He gets away with a lot of technical mistakes and is very inefficient which is not a game that holds up over time or is consistent game to game. He did control his rebounds tonight which was a huge improvement and better positionally for the most part. A very good game in light of his lack of playing time, the perfect backup for Schneids.

We were the President's trophy winners. We had a good enough team to beat LA but lacked offensive production when it counted.

Accepting we lost to the eventual SC winners is defeatist and an excuse. If we had beat them, they wouldn't have won, right? If we had beat them, we likley would have won, right?

Luongo after game Luongo: "I really needed to do this first and foremost for myself. I have been through a lot the last few weeks so ....

"I wanted to really make sure that I showed the guys that I am here for the rest of the year and 100 per cent dedicated."

"I was nervous, go figure after 12 years in the league you are still nervous to play a game."

Wow lol this guy man unreal. You can tell how he is feeling.

Its a guilty pleasure of mine i gotta say.. nothing makes me happier to read their butthurt comments on the canucks and them telling themselves that the canucks will be basement in the northwest.. newsflash flamers, lots can happen in the future, lots has happened in the past, but really its all about right now.. and right now the flames are in total disarray.. they can say whatever they want about the canucks and i just cant help but laugh and laugh

Archived