The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack is Back

RIP Ripper

Kes is the dominant force on the Canucks and very demanding as a teammate. It will take some time for Kass to adjust to the intensity and single mindedness of Kes' game. A couple of times Kass had a clear shot on goal, but immediately passed to Kes. We all know that Kes thinks he has to carry the team on his back, which forces his line-mates to make adjustments to their game.

I agree that Kass appears to lack intensity or passion. I think Kes will be a huge factor in Kass' development in the upcoming years. If you want a power forward to 'play with heart' Kes is the guy that will inspire him.

Anyone complaining about Kass's game is a fool. After watching the game last night I saw a number of great passes/set up plays Kassian made which led to quite a few quality scoring chances. The second line needs this badly. Give it time and I'm sure it will click. Then people can put their foot in their mouths.

Also, its exactly the kind of situation Kassian needs to mature and grow. Playing with and against quality players will only push him to be better. So what if he wasn't running around dishing out checks against the Flames. I didn't see too many chances for Kassian to run through people, and from what I saw he was concentrating hard on playing hockey. Leave it at that.

Kid is gonna be stellar for the Canucks. Hodgson cry-babies need to take a nap.

They have to get him off Kesler's line........Kes, as much as I enjoy watching him skate, is a black hole in the offensive zone...........his stick is where offensive creativity goes to die.

Kas is a very creative, offensively gifted player, and I saw some good chemistry with Raymond last night. I'd love to see Roy take that spot over from Kesler and see if those three can make some magic.

Sedin Sedin Burr

Raymond Roy Kass

Higgins Kes Hansen

Sestito Lappy Weise

They have to get him off Kesler's line........Kes, as much as I enjoy watching him skate, is a black hole in the offensive zone...........his stick is where offensive creativity goes to die.

Kas is a very creative, offensively gifted player, and I saw some good chemistry with Raymond last night. I'd love to see Roy take that spot over from Kesler and see if those three can make some magic.

Sedin Sedin Burr

Raymond Roy Kass

Higgins Kes Hansen

Sestito Lappy Weise

Sedin Sedin Burr

Raymond Roy Kass

Higgins Kes Hansen

Sestito Lappy Weise

Is it just me... or does he looks like he panics whenever he touches the puck?

I can literally tell he's got the puck just by seeing the movements of his body... before I even recognize the face or the number. He holds his hands extremely high up on his stick. Almost like he's golfing. His puck possession skill is pretty abysmal to begin with, and holding his stick in such a way can't help.

I like the kid.. and I really want him to succeed... but his hockey iq just seems so low.

Every time Kass gets the puck he dishes it to Kesler. Everyone on Keslers line does that, otherwise Kesler gets all pissed off and grumpy.

He should be on the third line, tired of seeing everyone change how they play their game because of Kesler.

Sedin Sedin Burr

Raymond Roy Kass

Higgins Kes Hansen

Sestito Lappy Weise

Zack is an enigma,,I love the guy but he makes me so mad as well. He has all the talent in the world for a big guy but I agree that it isnt always applied.

Zack is a breath of fresh air on a team that is to into pulling the party line,,dont do this ,,dont do that...be a Canuck...but we are different and march to different drummers,,,Zack takes a little of the boredom out of this team. I am not for a player who blatenly disobeys team rules,,,but I love how he is doing his own thing or as much as he can,,he is a good kid and you can tell he likes being here.

Zack needs to upgrade the intensity level and at least look like he is trying on his shifts,,,that will come,,I hate to go back to Bertuzzi..but he was a write off until he came here.

Zack isnt back..he never left...he has a HUGE upside.

I thought he looked great with Kesler. He's adjusting to having a new line-mate and they're showing signs of chemistry. He made some nice passes too and looked good along the boards.

Give it time, he's young and powerforwards take a bit longer to hit their prime. He'll get there.

Yep, writing off a player in their early twenties is the best way to run a hockey club.

Really? You a psychic? You know exactly how Kesler whines or how he tells other players to play? From what everyone else says IN THE LOCKER ROOM he may be up for teammate of the century award. He actually cares about the people he plays with.

From what i saw with opportunities in the game, Raymond and Kassian CHOSE not to shoot. Not Keslers fault he was given pass after pass and had good look after good look. I was always taught growing up that if you have a good look then you better take it and create something.

My only criticism for Kesler is he missed the net a couple times. At least someone on this team is willing to shoot. You call him out for being selfish as lots have in the past here. Would you rather have a play that cycles the puck for :30 and then turns it over or a line that gets a couple good passes and a good shot on net creating rebounds and havoc. Kassian can pass like a boss and that is good for Kesler. We talk about him needing a good passer on his line and complain when said passer gives him the puck and he shoots.

That line is good, the Sedin line is good, the Roy line is good, the Lappy line is good. All are creating opportunities and all do it a different way that is effective to them and their role.

Edit: I will admit that Kassian on Roy's line as a scorer would be nice to see but that leaves Kes with no playmaker again. So that is why i see Kassian staying where he is. They work well together,

Every time Kass gets the puck he dishes it to Kesler. Everyone on Keslers line does that, otherwise Kesler gets all pissed off and grumpy.

He should be on the third line, tired of seeing everyone change how they play their game because of Kesler.

Archived