The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack is Back

RIP Ripper

I distinctly remember a whole pile of retarded fans writing Hodgson off as a bust, too small, too slow, and would never translate his junior success at the NHL level.

Well, they were pretty clearly wrong, right?

It's quite obvious to many of us that it's too bloody early to write Zack off, as it was stupid to write Cody off at the ripe old age of 22 when he was here.

People just really like setting themselves up for eating some crow, don't they?

Have some ???? patience, ffs.

Actually, Hodgson is getting paid the same salary since he is still in his entry-level contract and will become a RFA at the end of this season.

As for playing more, sure. Who is his competition for ice time? Basically Tyler Ennis. In hockey, there is something called a depth chart and here in Vancouver, Hodgson is the 3rd line 'C' behind Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler, bottom line. This is how it would be on any solid cup-contending team. Apparently that was an issue. So let the baby have his bottle.

So far, this trade has not had any negative impact on the Canucks and it also has not helped Buffalo in any way really either. On the surface at this point player for player on player performance yes, Buffalo appears to have gotten the much better end of the deal but this trade is not one that will ultimately be judged now. But Cody Hodgson was also getting 4th line duties the other night and tonight he was -2 in the first period.

You then went on to basically speak a bunch of nonsense with laughy faces, but whatever, I get what you're trying to say, something along the lines of; Kassian will never get any better because he's big, he kinda looks like he's balding and he has lots of facial hair. :rolleyes:

He's the kind of guy that is learning the importance of throwing a hit when he needs to and how to read the play better.

It is his biggest weakness, not knowing where to be when, or how to read what will happen next.

His natural talent at stick handling and skating will be put to far better use when he can play with Kesler.

Im from Buffalo and was against the trade at first because Kassian had so much potential. A fast strong power forward, who could score and be physical (just what we needed) I still think he has potential and could be a great player in time, but some of the stuff I am reading is the same as fans in Buffalo were saying. I hope he pans out for Canucks fans and for himself. Hodgson has proved to be a very good hockey player for us and at this point, I think we definitely won in that trade. He is getting a lot of ice time here because we dont have the talent that Vancouver has. Sulzer is also geting lots of ice time and contributing. I still am a Kassian fan and with time I think all of you will be happy with him.

I don't hate Kassian, I'm a Canuck fan I support all of them.

However. When people say give him a few years, it makes my blood boil. Our window is now, nobody gives a **** what Kassian is going to be doing in 2016. In case you haven't noticed our key players are getting old and our window is almost closed.

However. When people say give him a few years, it makes my blood boil. Our window is now, nobody gives a **** what Kassian is going to be doing in 2016. In case you haven't noticed our key players are getting old and our window is almost closed.

The way that the lineup is right now, with Zack on the 4th line he isn't exactly going to make leaps and bounds to become that all-star power forward. That's the dilemma with him right now -- he needs ice-time with offensive players to create an offensive flair, but who is he going to take that ice-time away from? Otherwise he'll rot in the bottom 6 like other 1st round power forwards that become 4th liners (Steve Bernier and Ben Eager come to mind).

Does AV split up Burrows from the Sedins?

Does AV split up Higgins and Roy, given their chemistry together, and what about the Kesler-Roy experiment?

I think the best line for Kassian to develop would be with the Sedins. Hopefully he'll develop crucial board-play, puck protection, cycle, and net presence skills -- things that he wouldn't develop if he was with Kesler or stuck somewhere on the 4th line. Moreover, and obviously, a big body like Zack would be able to protect the Sedins.

The way that the lineup is right now, with Zack on the 4th line he isn't exactly going to make leaps and bounds to become that all-star power forward. That's the dilemma with him right now -- he needs ice-time with offensive players to create an offensive flair, but who is he going to take that ice-time away from? Otherwise he'll rot in the bottom 6 like other 1st round power forwards that become 4th liners (Steve Bernier and Ben Eager come to mind).

Does AV split up Burrows from the Sedins?

Does AV split up Higgins and Roy, given their chemistry together, and what about the Kesler-Roy experiment?

I think the best line for Kassian to develop would be with the Sedins. Hopefully he'll develop crucial board-play, puck protection, cycle, and net presence skills -- things that he wouldn't develop if he was with Kesler or stuck somewhere on the 4th line. Moreover, and obviously, a big body like Zack would be able to protect the Sedins.

Kassian is so awesome that I am willing to let a lot go when it comes to the typical Canuck-fan whining about how our own players are doing. He still hasn't been through a full training camp and preseason with the team so let's give him a break eh? Every time he's on the ice there's a chance he'll do something awesome, and with the way Vigneault plays him there's really no way he can screw up THAT badly. It's really all gravy at this point.

I would like to see him get some powerplay time with the Sedins here down the stretch, see if we can get some of what was going on earlier in the season happening. Then we can have Kesler, Roy, Burrows and sometimes Raymond in some combination on the second unit, there's a lot of good options is what I'm saying here. But I think you gotta keep Burrows with the Sedins five on five, he adds so much defensive play and works so well with the Sedins, you can't lose that. The powerplay is where we gotta mix it up so that teams can't video scout what we'll really do in the playoffs.

Archived