The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack is Back

RIP Ripper

Well, he is better then he was last season I guess.

I cant deny I do see some flashes of brilliance in his game, but he has to be able to keep up with the pace of the pro level.

His decison making is better, he looks a bit more saavy with the puck on his stick. But his play without the puck needs to be better.

Youd have to be crazy to give up on the guy, there is too much potential.

How can someone his size be so invisible!

I didn't like the trade when it happened and I REALLY don't like it now. I know Hodgson had to go, I get that. However, to give up a talent like Cody for the potential of Kassian? If he can't or wont play with desire at this stage in his career what is he going to be like in 5-6 years?

His stat line tonight:

Shots - 0

Hits - 0

In almost 14 minutes of ice time.

Could not be more disappointed with this guy.

Give it a rest. He set up that Kesler goal last game in the Phoenix passing it to Bieksa, then it went to Raymond, and Kesler chipped it in. Once again he had the 3rd assist tonight on Raymonds goal. Just because he isn't on the score sheet doesn't mean he isn't chipping in. Btw the title is stupid ;)

Kassian has looked much better since being sent down for the one game. Two 3rd assists in the last two games. For most of you CDC'ers out there, that means that he set up the play on two goals where two other players then touched the puck that lead to the eventual goal. He doesn't get credited for an assists (in the NHL only two assists max are awarded for each goal), but most of us all know who made the play happen *even the coaches*

His stats may not look pretty ie. not getting credited for a hit last night is a fail on the stats keeper because out of a game of practically zero hits for both teams, I specially remember seeing Kassian finish his check. Again, it may not have been credited, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Need another example? #GiveItToCheech!

There is a reason why Kassian is still on a line with Kesler. Even Kesler knows that Kassian is playing well, as shown when Kes gave him an encouraging tap after a good shift. Just saying...

Go eat your granola and sip your latte, I'm all for Kassian.

For comparison in his second full year in the NHL, Bertuzzi has 64 gp, 10 goals, 13 assists and -3. Kassian in his second year 31 gp, 6 goals, 3 assists and -5.

The stat lines are pretty equal, these are two different players but the point is that second year players generally are not top scorers on any NHL team, most players do not come into their own until years 4 or 5.

Aside from points Kassian definately offers some intangibles given his on ice presence which cannot be ignored.

Kassian is coming along. People forget that the Sedins were 40-50 point players pre-lockout.

Kassian and Kesler are developing chemistry. Kassian is more of a passer than a shooter so I think once he and Kesler start clicking we're going to see some sick set ups off the rush. The key will be AV having the patience to keep Kassian with Kesler so the two can develop chemistry.

Archived