The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tips and tricks of buying a new car. [Update]

Armada

Fiats eh, when I think Fiat I think of the sexy girl who does the commercials for my local Fiat dealership xD

I am unsure of how old you are but when I was 19 I got a Crossfire (convertible roadster model) and while it is a different car I can honestly say going for the fun ride is much much more practical when you are younger given the lifestyle and freedom (unless you can afford 2 vehicles when you are older). However a 96 month plan is a very long one and as life changes you may not even want the car anymore. Whenever I have to pick up items I have to make sure they are under a certain size or I have to borrow someone elses car. Friend carpooling never happens. Though my payments are done I got tired of having to pay for it every month when I could have been using the money elsewhere (more vacations, eating out at nicer places, nicer apartments, etc). Speaking for yourself 8 years from now is dangerous business. For example look backwards 8 years and how much you have changed.

Dont listen to those ass hats calling it a girls car. I personally dont like it, but you do. Thats all that matters.

As far as your payments go, that is very high and your interest rate is high as well.

I bought a 2012 Cruze LTZ last year (9 km) and bought it duiring their summer 0% finance special. Almost all the major dealers have promotions like this during the summer, you may be better off waiting.

I know VW offered it on the Jetta, Nissan just had it on their Altima and Ford had it for the Fiesta and Focus,

I love my cruze btw, number 1 selling car in the world for a reason. For the segment, the interiors have been severely upgraded over the past few years. What was once considered "loaded' for an entry level compact is now standard.

Subaru are too common, would rather a lancer. Even Subaru have decided to cut down the amount they sell here in England.

Ford ST is nice, shame they are trying to escape from the old color schemes.

another mention for those that watch top gear the dacia sandero

Dont listen to those ass hats calling it a girls car. I personally dont like it, but you do. Thats all that matters.

As far as your payments go, that is very high and your interest rate is high as well.

I bought a 2012 Cruze LTZ last year (9 km) and bought it duiring their summer 0% finance special. Almost all the major dealers have promotions like this during the summer, you may be better off waiting.

I know VW offered it on the Jetta, Nissan just had it on their Altima and Ford had it for the Fiesta and Focus,

I love my cruze btw, number 1 selling car in the world for a reason. For the segment, the interiors have been severely upgraded over the past few years. What was once considered "loaded' for an entry level compact is now standard.

Subaru are too common, would rather a lancer. Even Subaru have decided to cut down the amount they sell here in England.

Ford ST is nice, shame they are trying to escape from the old color schemes.

another mention for those that watch top gear the dacia sandero

1. How old are you?

2. What is your work situation, full time? Good money?

3. You still live at home? (depends on #1), if not you renting or own? How many other monthly payments do you have to make (eg. Phone)

4. Are you in or looking to get into a longterm relationship?

buying new for a younger guy generally isn't a good idea unless your loaded or your parents are helping out with the payments. I work with someone who has a mid-2000's f350, and still making payments on it, and nearly had to resort to desperate measures when it broke down and cost him 4k, and he had to pay for his payments on top of that.

1. How old are you?

2. What is your work situation, full time? Good money?

3. You still live at home? (depends on #1), if not you renting or own? How many other monthly payments do you have to make (eg. Phone)

4. Are you in or looking to get into a longterm relationship?

buying new for a younger guy generally isn't a good idea unless your loaded or your parents are helping out with the payments. I work with someone who has a mid-2000's f350, and still making payments on it, and nearly had to resort to desperate measures when it broke down and cost him 4k, and he had to pay for his payments on top of that.

What is the track record on that model of car? Will it even last that long. No one knows as they haven't been around that long. Secondly, My personal belief is that those cars are kind of a gimmic. Lots of people when't out and bought a PT Crusser for too much, only to find out it was a Dodge neon with a different body style on it.

If your gonna pay too much for car, get a Toyota!

What is the track record on that model of car? Will it even last that long. No one knows as they haven't been around that long. Secondly, My personal belief is that those cars are kind of a gimmic. Lots of people when't out and bought a PT Crusser for too much, only to find out it was a Dodge neon with a different body style on it.

If your gonna pay too much for car, get a Toyota!

1. 20

2. Full time work/full time college, enough to live comfortably.

3. Live at home, no bills, no rent, nothing to pay except car insurance at the moment.

4. Long term relationship with the car? I love it, dad loves it?

I was already pre-approved.

Archived