The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Updated on Tanev and Booth] Booth, Hansen, Tanev, Higgins, Schneider

Hansen got benched!? I don't think that's ever happened before.

Hansen is one of our most consistent players. He may not light the lamp every game but his effort is there no matter what. Not sure why he'd be benched when Kassian was far more useless and silent.

AV confuses yet again

It puzzles me that Tanev's value is still getting underestimated by so many people. Besides his calming influence, his ability to win puck battles in defensive zone is exactly what we need come playoff time against much tighter and aggressive forecheck from our opponents. Also, for the offensive style which the team plays, we need crisp first pass from our Ds, and Tanev arguably has the best first pass among our Ds.

Schneider will start, or at least should start. It would just confuse everyone involved all over again if Luongo was given the reins. Luongo played a fantastic game for the Canucks last night, but then again all backups - or 1B goalies - do from time to time. The team should just thank Luongo for his effort, encourage him, and go right back to the guy they've been rolling with lately. Don't complicate things.

This thread is basically like saying, Marlon and Jermaine Jackson won't be performing tonight, but Randy, Tito, and Michael Jackson will still be there :lol::lol: Sedins? Check. Kesler: Check Roy: Check Hamhuis: Check..........okay, looks like we still have our team.I wish the mods on this site weren't as "lenient" and start saving the forum some bandwith by only allowing "important" threads to be posted

This thread is basically like saying, Marlon and Jermaine Jackson won't be performing tonight, but Randy, Tito, and Michael Jackson will still be there :lol::lol: Sedins? Check. Kesler: Check Roy: Check Hamhuis: Check..........okay, looks like we still have our team.I wish the mods on this site weren't as "lenient" and start saving the forum some bandwith by only allowing "important" threads to be posted

Yup.

Makes me wonder how people actually watch these games.

Nearly everybody in the core has been benched by AV, and yes, Twins included. Most of the core experienced this in AV's first year.

You will likely not see the Twins (especially Hank) or Kesler benched recently. They have earned their coaches good graces with consistent play. And the team needs their centers.

It is a good way to handle the team, players respond to accountability. Some coaches to this day use that to keep players humming to their capabilities.

Anyway, its rare that Hansen ever takes a night off. But it can happen to the best players on any given team.

Archived