The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Updated on Tanev and Booth] Booth, Hansen, Tanev, Higgins, Schneider

I can't believe some people here are all like no big deal if we lose tanev for the playoffs! Please go back and look at how he has played this year and compare it to bieska and edler's play! Tanev has been way more consistent then either of the other to players mentioned (I love juice ). If tanev is hurt in the playoffs we would miss him for sure!

I did not specify d-man, did i?

And really son, use your head...you dont shorten your blueline bench, do the math. Even the king of shortening benches, Scotty Bowman, never benched d-men, even with Federov playing D.

Additionally both those players have not been craptastic enough to even have that considered.

Oh...both Eddie and Juice have sat out games before. Again, with AV's first year here. Though likely that was a move made by management.

All-do respect to Tanev, but he and Ballard are the biggest reasons we were destroyed physically against Boston and Los Angeles. Both are great regular season defencemen, but they lack size and physicality and were pummeled by Los Angeles' big forwards last playoffs.

Our other D pairings consist of Edler (big and hard to bruise), Bieksa (only D man on this team to stand up for himself and his team mates), Garrison (has quite a mean streak and can play physically along the boards) and Hamhuis (dropped his physical play so far). That's 3 pretty tough defencemen in our top-4, and two weaklings on our bottom pair.

In the playoffs, you can't ever ice a 5-man unit which has no physicality or they'll get broken down and scored on, as we saw happen against Boston with the Sedins, Burrows, Edler/Ehrhoff/Salo on the ice at the same time.

This Tanev injury is a blessing in disguise. Andrew Alberts is the only giant on this team right now, and his game is perfect for the playoffs. He is honestly the only Canuck I've seen consistently throw big hits all season long, so deserves big 15-18 minutes in the playoffs. People don't appreciate what size does in the playoffs yet, and the Canucks didn't get any bigger up front so we need a bruising defence. Guys like Alberts, Barker and Vandermeer are huge and play a tough game which is what we need in the post-season.

Edler - Garrison

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Alberts - Barker

Ballard

Tanev

Vandermeer

I would like AV to bring up Vandermeer just to see what he can do. Play Ballard only against the weaker teams like St Louis, Minnesota and Detroit who really lack giant forwards up front like those of LA and Anaheim.

I can't believe some people here are all like no big deal if we lose tanev for the playoffs! Please go back and look at how he has played this year and compare it to bieska and edler's play! Tanev has been way more consistent then either of the other to players mentioned (I love juice ). If tanev is hurt in the playoffs we would miss him for sure!

Other players were playing better that night plain and simple. This is not a new strategy by AV, and it's a strategy that does not receive enough respect on this forum. AV knows what he is doing, which is why we opened up the flood gates on Calgary in the 3rd. Why is everyone so upset at this, it's not like we lost the game?

Geez, Hansen was doing nothing all game, Kassian had a pretty good game with Kesler once again, yet people crap on Kassian and tout Hansen to no end on CDC :frantic: Players have off nights believe it or not, even Hansen... geez Louise!

Archived