The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Updated on Tanev and Booth] Booth, Hansen, Tanev, Higgins, Schneider

"He has seemingly just been going through the motions the last few games since Roy was acquired.''

- fans were raving about this line for the first three games.

- funny how some players never get benched, no matter how bad they play.

Hansen got benched!? I don't think that's ever happened before.

Hansen is one of our most consistent players. He may not light the lamp every game but his effort is there no matter what. Not sure why he'd be benched when Kassian was far more useless and silent.

AV confuses yet again

Hansen is one of our most consistent players. He may not light the lamp every game but his effort is there no matter what. Not sure why he'd be benched when Kassian was far more useless and silent.

AV confuses yet again

AV confuses yet again

Glad Hansen isn't hurt - despite what appears to be some pretty bad statistics lately, he brings a lot to the team given his role.

While I like Tanev and admire the fact his hockey smarts are well beyond his actual years, he's our 6th d-man and we're not going to miss him that much when we have "ok" plugs like Alberts or Barker to put in his place.

We really need Higgins for forward depth and I hope he comes back sooner than later.

And Schneider - as great as he is, we have the best backup in the world so he can take his time to get well.

I would have no problem with AV benching people if the same rule applied to all. Unfortunately some players have a free pass no matter how terrible they play and others leashes are way too short. That sort of thing can divide a room.

Hope Tanev has a speedy recovery but heal up before coming back.

Good news about Higgins and Schneider.

It's not a positive thing that Hansen was benched in the 3rd, but it's still good news that he isn't injured.

Bad news about Tanev but, as much as I like him, the team will manage without him.

What? THe D is so much better without him. He's so slow, bad clear, poor shot, poor pass...bad everything. If he wasn't paired with ballard early in the season coupled with the fact that every other D were snoozing, he'd never come under the spotlight. Have you seen just how terrible he was when he had to pair with alberts/barker? He cannot hold his own

Archived