The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who are the Canucks biggest rivals?

canuckelhead70

Who is are biggest rival team?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find it interesting how our rival teams are not in our own division.

So we have the Kings ............with their lipping off and style of play in the play offs last year.

Sharks..........., tough guy Thornton sticking his finger in Hanks face while talking to the ref along with 2010 play-off run antics of McGinn

Blues..........goes back to Barret Jackman and Bert going at it

Dallas........., some epic play-off and overtime games

Hawks........., well Bolland, Buff, Keith elbow and so on

Bruins......... is there really anything to like about them?

There is a difference between hate and rival. I hate Boston so much that even if the band Boston plays on the radio I'll change it. Anything bad that happens to them, so be it, no tears from me. I think the Hawks are our biggest rivally team.

I'd say Minny's finally climbed back up there. Blackhawks, Bruins, Kings all for obvious reasons. I think whenever they play Pacific division teams both sides get up for it and there's lots of animosity...should be good hockey when we're all in the same division.

P.S. As much as I dislike the Bruins, I would never not listen to Boston because of them. Come on son. That's just good music.

Put on some music to start my day

Dream of a girl I used to know,

I close my eyes and she slipped awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Chicago is our true rival. It is a rivalry that is strong with both teams.

Boston are just a dirty team full of scumbags that are owned by a henchman of Satan. Most teams hate Boston, methinks

If I was to say who I thought was our current best rivalry it would be the Wild. Our rivalries with Boston and Chicago were there only because they matched our skill level those years. Our division was abysmal but with Minnesota now our competition for 1st in the NorthWest, we dont have to look further than our division to find rivals. Thank god too. Makes for better hockey. Get to see good, hard played games more often.

Tough one. What's even more difficult is that a lot of those teams wouldn't consider the Canucks their biggest rivals. The Bruins and the Canadiens have a deeper, richer hate towards each other. The Blackhawks and Red Wings would be bigger rivals as well. Stars? No. San Jose, Anaheim, and Los Angeles have a pretty good 3 way rivalry.

As for the Wild? Too little too late. They sucked for far too long. And with the Jets moving into the same division next season, they will have a deeper rivalry. Any rivalry that the Canucks have, although entertaining, won't see the Canucks as their top rival.

That said, I would say the Canucks biggest rival would be the Blackhawks.

Pretty sure the Blackhawks are our biggest rivals! They seem to dislike our team the most I think anyways! I would also put Minny and LA up there. The lames wish they were good enough to be our rivals (my flames friends actually point this out)

Chicago and Boston are 1a and 1b in no particular order. LA is creeping close to being 1c for me and the Sharks are still at #3. Minny's starting to become a rival for us, but then again, we as Canucks fans have no problem with the Wild but for some peculiar reason, the Wild fans are trying to make it seem like we're huge rivals when we really couldn't give a rat's ass about Minnesota.

I honestly don't think Minnesota is a big rival of ours. They're better this year than in the past but they still aren't great, especially with Cullen and Heatley injured. Our biggest rival by far I think is Chicago, followed by Boston, then LA (pretty obvious choices for the top 3)

Archived