#1 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,130 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Hey,

I just noticed this in the scroll bar of my BAGM game.

EA is going to start releasing details about NHL14 next Monday (April 15th).

http://www.easports....e-reveal-teaser
Posted Image

#2 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

shortly after being named America's worst company two years in a row...

Honestly, I think the only reason they're considered a bad company is because they charge money for everything
Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#3 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Their NHL development team hardly improves anything from year to year either. They seemed to be much more productive under a different producer:

Here's their NHL 2003 behind-the-scenes feature:

NHL 2004 was deemed the pinnacle of the last generation of hockey video games. It took several years for the new dev team to reintroduce many of these features into their current generation editions:

Edited by WeatherWise, 11 April 2013 - 03:28 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#4 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,421 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

More injuries!

Longer load times!

No roster is ever correct!
Posted Image

#5 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,470 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

POPULAR

Its going be the same identical game as NHL 13.

And NHL 12.

And NHL 11.

And NHL 10.

And NHL 09.

And NHL 08.

And NHL 07.

And NHL 06.

And NHL 05.

And I'm going to still buy it. :bigblush:

Edited by Apples, 12 April 2013 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

I really do hope they fix this physics engineering skating thing... I've seen Zdeno Chara catch up to me from my own blue line when he was flat footed against Mason Raymond.. Mason fricken Raymond.. The fastest guy in the league and Chara catches up..

I hate that computers can push you and knock you flat on your butt in front of the net when you're battling for position, but when you give them a slight push, that's called interference. I hate that whenever a defender is in front of the net and I'm trying to get the puck behind the net, I get automatically glued to the defender and I can't get out until after a couple seconds.. I hate that computer AI can just push me slightly when I blow past them for a breakaway and I get knocked down on the ice as if I was hit head on instead of getting slightly off balance and continue skating.

There's just too many things flawed with the computer AI that it's just tough to play. I have no problem with it except for the things mentioned above but they need to fix a lot of things..

#7 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

Posted Image

What's the over under on how bad this game is?

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#8 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

And I really hope EA takes note of NBA 2k13's Be a Pro.. NBA 2K13's Be a Pro is amazing and NHL's Be a Pro is just a joke because honestly you can't really control how your player is viewed by your peers except for producing stats on the ice.

#9 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I think it's about time they replace parts of the development team. The product has worsened each year. Load times, bugs, glitches. I'm not entirely thrilled about this year's release. There needs to be some accountability. This team has had its run. NHL 06 was labeled as a fresh start after the problems they faced with NHL 2005. It's about time they rethink their philosophy.

Edited by WeatherWise, 11 April 2013 - 03:39 PM.

The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#10 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

I really do hope they fix this physics engineering skating thing... I've seen Zdeno Chara catch up to me from my own blue line when he was flat footed against Mason Raymond.. Mason fricken Raymond.. The fastest guy in the league and Chara catches up..

I hate that computers can push you and knock you flat on your butt in front of the net when you're battling for position, but when you give them a slight push, that's called interference. I hate that whenever a defender is in front of the net and I'm trying to get the puck behind the net, I get automatically glued to the defender and I can't get out until after a couple seconds.. I hate that computer AI can just push me slightly when I blow past them for a breakaway and I get knocked down on the ice as if I was hit head on instead of getting slightly off balance and continue skating.

There's just too many things flawed with the computer AI that it's just tough to play. I have no problem with it except for the things mentioned above but they need to fix a lot of things..

Yeah I agree. The gameplay still needs alot of work.

They also need to make improvements to the GMC. Although I really liked to addition of that mode to this years game.

zackass.png

#11 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think it's about time they replace parts of the development team. The product has worsened each year. Load times, bugs, glitches. I'm not entirely thrilled about this year's release. There needs to be some accountability. This team has had its run. NHL 06 was labeled as a fresh start after the problems they faced with NHL 2005. It's about time they rethink their philosophy.

I actually enjoyed 06. And even 05.

zackass.png

#12 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Posted Imagei hope they have subban on the cover

Edited by mr.perfect101, 11 April 2013 - 04:14 PM.

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#13 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Posted Imageo
or we could see kass on the cover

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#14 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,664 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

That sounds pretty realistic to me. Mason Raymond would have tripped twice on the way down the Ice, so EA is taking that into account.

#15 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,470 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

Any front runners for the cover?

I think there could be a good chance its Crosby.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 No_More_Larchide

No_More_Larchide

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

13 was the worst NHL game in recent memory, my club team basically dissolved after 4 years of playing together almost nightly due to the fact that we all hate this game.
Larchide is spelled wrong on purpose....

#17 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,780 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:54 PM

shortly after being named America's worst company two years in a row...

Honestly, I think the only reason they're considered a bad company is because they charge money for everything

It's also the way they charge. For example with Mass Effect 3 they had a paid DLC released on the very 1st day the game came out. They are also known for being overly strict with release deadlines even at the expense of a games quality as well as some other lazy tactics.

Funny video though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-LE0ycgkBQ

Mako1_zpsa4tfuwwx.gif

#18 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Didnt buy NHL 13 for the first time since 05 (well skipped 06 however)
If this two year gap isnt enough to get me to buy, well... I'm not surprised. I'm fine without you EA.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#19 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:22 PM

I hope they put Ballard on the cover. Let's hope it's not another money grab, i'll be a bit hesitant to purchase it as the new Xbox is releasing in November. So likely they will prb just release nhl 13 with the 14 title

Edited by SterlingArcher, 11 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#20 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

That sounds pretty realistic to me. Mason Raymond would have tripped twice on the way down the Ice, so EA is taking that into account.

lol well you know what I mean.. Remember when they were showing how their physics engine upgraded in terms of speed and momentum? Them using an example of Jannik Hansen blowing past Phaneuf in real life? If I try doing that, they magically catch up compared to real life NHL where the guy would've blown past them and be miles ahead..

#21 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

i was so stoked for the new league system on NHL 13 - until 3 games got simmed in the first week and i lost 3 players to injury... one for 45 games. that and the same old glitch goals. dont think i'll buy this time around unless something really changes.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#22 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, they really need to fix the injury issue in GMC, people get really pissy when they lose players to simmed games. It happens too often, and it wasn't just NHL 13 that had the injury issue, NHL 12 also had that problem quite a bit, I hope they take care of it.

I don't really care for NHL now other than GMC, which still needs lots of tweaking.

ZHRIYwo.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#23 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Why don't you guys just sim with injuries off? Sim goes by faster and just turn it back on for the playoffs.

#24 Go Faulk Yourself

Go Faulk Yourself

Junko

• Members
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Why don't you guys just sim with injuries off? Sim goes by faster and just turn it back on for the playoffs.

I've checked for that already, no option available, I imagine it's an option when the league is created, but cannot be changed once it is set.

...Unless I'm blind?

EDIT: Yep, it's not there.

Edited by Go Faulk Yourself, 11 April 2013 - 05:27 PM.

ZHRIYwo.gif

St. Louis Blues STHS GM small.png

Colorado Avalanche EHL GM small.png

#25 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like some of you havent taken the time to use the sliders to lessen, even eliminate the "flaws" you experience.

My only gripe is that when i use a snap shot from the point it becomes a light pass and the goalie just nicely makes a save.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#26 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,559 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

Please waive out players in the faceoff for for spamming

#27 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:27 PM

Oh man, I could go on about how hard the opponent AI cheats, then how bad your teammate AI is is just ridiculous.

Literally, I could go on all day...

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#28 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,470 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

This made me lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Please waive out players in the faceoff for for spamming

That is a solid idea for online play.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#30 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • 5,621 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:03 PM

They need to make harder levels on the AI too. Superstar is way to easy and it's not that fun to play when your winning games by 5-10 goals every game.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.