The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL14 details being released

goalie13

EA Sports announced on April 15 the new features that will be available on its NHL14 video game and fighting will remain an important feature.

NHL14 will include what is being called the “Enforcer Engine”.

“Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight,” EA Sports announced in a press release. “All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.”

Fans will also be able to “Live the Life of an NHL player” in what EA Sports is calling “an all-new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now featuring on and off-ice elements.”

“The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player,” the press release states. “On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.”

Other new features in the popular video game include NHL Collision Physics, True Performance Skating and One-Touch Dekes.

NHL 14 releases on September 10, 2013 in North America.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/04/16/new-features-coming-in-nhl14-video-game/

I hope they do that thing where they had custom covers signed by the player itself like what they did last year... If they do that, I really do hope it's not the Sedins again. Last year, it was Henrik, the year before that it was both Daniel and Henrik. They should try and at least get someone else like Bieksa.. Fan favourite and he loves meeting fans and taking pics and signing stuff for them.

and when are we going to have a sports-center theme in Season mode?? I'd love to see what other teams did that day...who scored...etc...

NHL2K series might have sucked but it gave the players a lot of fun....like playing the NHL skills competition for one....earning points to uncover stories or trophies...

DAMN IT EA!! make this game fun for the typical kid....or the kid at heart!!

Guest Gumballthechewy

i don't get why EA took out the 3 stars coming on to the ice! I thought it was a nice feature!

and the national jerseys look horrendous!! Team Canada's for one makes me want to throw up!!

Guest Gumballthechewy

EA Sports announced on April 15 the new features that will be available on its NHL14 video game and fighting will remain an important feature.

NHL14 will include what is being called the “Enforcer Engine”.

“Powered by the same technology used in the critically acclaimed Fight Night franchise, NHL 14 will bring a brand new third-person presentation to showcase the anatomy of a fight,” EA Sports announced in a press release. “All players on the ice (human or CPU) remain live from the drop of the gloves to the trip to the penalty box, with no break in the action. This new technology delivers, for the first time in the EA SPORTS NHL franchise, true size and strength differentiation between players, new jostling mechanics and much more to create the most authentic and electrifying experience yet.”

Fans will also be able to “Live the Life of an NHL player” in what EA Sports is calling “an all-new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now featuring on and off-ice elements.”

“The new incarnation of the Be a Pro Career Mode, now you can truly Live the Life of an NHL player,” the press release states. “On or off the ice, every decision you make shapes your legacy as an athlete. Interact with teammates outside of the rink. Take part in media interviews. Each choice you make will affect your relationship with fans, teammates and management, influencing your skills and progression.”

Other new features in the popular video game include NHL Collision Physics, True Performance Skating and One-Touch Dekes.

NHL 14 releases on September 10, 2013 in North America.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/04/16/new-features-coming-in-nhl14-video-game/

I hope they do that thing where they had custom covers signed by the player itself like what they did last year... If they do that, I really do hope it's not the Sedins again. Last year, it was Henrik, the year before that it was both Daniel and Henrik. They should try and at least get someone else like Bieksa.. Fan favourite and he loves meeting fans and taking pics and signing stuff for them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Considering that hits and fights are enhanced in this version I think Bieksa would be the better fit for a customer cover this year.

Archived