The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL14 details being released

goalie13

Guest Gumballthechewy

I really do hope they fix this physics engineering skating thing... I've seen Zdeno Chara catch up to me from my own blue line when he was flat footed against Mason Raymond.. Mason fricken Raymond.. The fastest guy in the league and Chara catches up..

I hate that computers can push you and knock you flat on your butt in front of the net when you're battling for position, but when you give them a slight push, that's called interference. I hate that whenever a defender is in front of the net and I'm trying to get the puck behind the net, I get automatically glued to the defender and I can't get out until after a couple seconds.. I hate that computer AI can just push me slightly when I blow past them for a breakaway and I get knocked down on the ice as if I was hit head on instead of getting slightly off balance and continue skating.

There's just too many things flawed with the computer AI that it's just tough to play. I have no problem with it except for the things mentioned above but they need to fix a lot of things..

Its so annoying when players mash the right stick up (although you win the faceoff 95% of the time). Waiving players out would be a welcome addition.

But how about some major fixes to the waiver system??? There is no way I should be seeing players like Logan Couture on them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Its so annoying when players mash the right stick up (although you win the faceoff 95% of the time). Waiving players out would be a welcome addition.

But how about some major fixes to the waiver system??? There is no way I should be seeing players like Logan Couture on them.

First screenshot has been posted, but I'm on mobile.

It looks nothing different :P

Hopefully they can throw in a bunch of historical teams unlike the 6 or so legends they put in.

Also why cant they keep adding on every year, they had the Habs all time team or whatever, why couldnt they add a couple each year?

Edit: oh yeah it's EA...

So many things I could rant on about NHL 13...

AI is not improved. Instead, they just made computers superhuman. They're basically just tiger-gorilla hybrid freaks on steroids with pea-sized brains. I can't count how many times I've tried to play a power forward game online (90 strength, 85 balance, 87 body checking) and some CPU midget just sends me flying with a flat-footed push nudge from behind. Then some guy on the other team using a grinder with ridiculous speed just skates right through my AI while they refuse to check him, constantly skating backwards, and then just glitch goals the goalie forehand-backhand-forehand, works 100% of the time. So yeah, AI and how attributes play out (especially VS CPUs) need work more than anything.

Hitting also needs work. If I go high-speed head-on collision I'll bounce off a guy. But somebody will do that tapping the right stick glitch, barely touch me, and I'll go flying. The physics are ridiculous. Skating is better, but it's so frustrating how it is physically impossible to turn around while standing. Passing needs a lot of work, and straight shooting is useless on AI goalies regardless of shot stats unless you're in a certain specific area. Poke check needs to be nerfed, stick lifting needs to be buffed. SOMETHING needs to be done about board play, it's so unrealistic. Goaltending, both AI and user-controlled, needs a huge amount of fine-tuning. Like CPU skaters, the goalies can only make up for being retarded by being superhumanly fast and precise. ALL the desperation saves a goalie makes should be under your control when you're in the net. I'm sick of sitting on my butt doing the splits for a shot right at the mid-pad, and then being unable to move while they pot in an easy rebound.

Refs are ridiculous. You can get called for interference for nudging somebody away from the play with right stick by accident, but if somebody cuts off your lane and knocks you to your knees without right stick, no call. You can just get steamrolled in front of the crease for no reason, no call. This goes in with the buffing stick lift...always get high-sticking/hooking no matter what whenever I try to stick lift. If the guy is standing still AFK and I slow up right next to him and try it, penalty. Charging, clipping, kneeing needs to be put in the game. Goalie interference is also random as hell.

I actually like playing the game, but it needs so much work.

Oh, I forgot. Nothing cracks my crayons more than CPU's playing horizontal hockey. When the passes are all being covered well, and I don't want to call for the puck, the CPU will either just keep passing it back-and-forth constantly between D partners, or skate around in between the offensive blue line and the red line. DUMP THE DAMN PUCK IN. There needs to be 'make the AI dump the puck' button like there is a shooting/calling for pass button.

I would like to see them improve GM Connect. First, improve the servers. They are too slow, and certainly not smooth. Secondly, please make a more eye pleasing interface. Looks like a child designed this while sitting in Sunday School.

Off-season NEEDS to be more in depth. The entire point of this function is to be a General Manager. Thus, put more time into the draft, not a stupid list and a quick sim, not knowing who you might draft. In addition, it would be nice to have more options with contracts--i.e, no trade clause, etc. Having to ask players to waive, or them giving you a list. Also, a better way to communicate with each general manager.

It would be a cool feature to be able to watch other teams play during the GM connect.

I would like to see them improve GM Connect. First, improve the servers. They are too slow, and certainly not smooth. Secondly, please make a more eye pleasing interface. Looks like a child designed this while sitting in Sunday School.

Off-season NEEDS to be more in depth. The entire point of this function is to be a General Manager. Thus, put more time into the draft, not a stupid list and a quick sim, not knowing who you might draft. In addition, it would be nice to have more options with contracts--i.e, no trade clause, etc. Having to ask players to waive, or them giving you a list. Also, a better way to communicate with each general manager.

It would be a cool feature to be able to watch other teams play during the GM connect.

The only NBA2K game I've played is 2K12; EA could certainly learn from the Be A Pro career. Having your player being interviewed and doing press conferences is one of many things the EA team needs to improve on.

Granted, they have made a lot of of improvements for the gameplay, regardless of what people say (yes there are issues). However, one area that the EA team has completely ignored is the offline GM mode and improving Be A Pro.

It would not take much to add in ticket prices, concession prices, merchandise prices, etc, onto the GM mode. Should be able to interview draft eligble players. Find out what their personalities are (good teammates, etc).

EA has the money, they just don't have the competition to drive them to improve.

i play a lot of EASHL drop in games, I think they should add an option where players can vote wether or not they want human goalies in the game, I find it frustrating when some prick likes to leave the net for no reason and let it 5+ goals on purpose, next thing you know all the other players on that goalies team quit.

Let players vote on the position selection screen or something.

Archived