The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Phi-Van

-I have 2 trade ideas involving getting rid of Bryzgalov and getting Luongo to Philly. I am a Canucks fan 1st but a Flyers fan 2nd and this is what i want to happen (probably wont but its what i want)

1st trade:

*Philly decides to buy-out Bryzgalov (Its not totally his fault but he hasn't been a good goalie,and i think he wants to go back to Russia, so get him out of here)*

Philadelphia trades:

RW Matt Read,

2013 2nd round draft pick,

2013 3rd round draft pick

to Vancouver for:

G Roberto Luongo,

and a 2013 4th round draft pick

-Your not getting Couturier or Simmonds out of Philly for Luongo alone, Read is a good young winger with a small cap hit, and since Gillis botched the whole trade you wont be getting much for more for Lu. anyways it helps both teams, Philly gets a great goalie (Hopefully) and van gets rid of him for a decent winger and picks.

2nd trade:

Philadelphia trades :

G Ilya Bryzgalov (Canucks buy him out)

RW Matt Read

and a 2014 1st round draft pick

to Vancouver for:

G Roberto Luongo

and a 2014 3rd round draft pick

-If you are willing to buy out Bryzgalov i would be inclined to offer a 1st round draft pick for the favor. not this years though, it doesn't look like Philly will make the playoffs, so im not going to risk the 1st overall pick. next year will be different, hopefully everyone is healthy and we make the playoffs, then you can have that 1st round draft pick which will probably be in the later half of the 1st.

What do you say? which one will you go for?

One thing to note is Philly is hosting the 2014 draft so they aren't very likely to want to trade at least their 1st round pick that year. They'll want to be able to step up to the podium on the first day and announce some sort of win for the fans.

I guess you could argue a trade of this calibre might be considered enough of a win for them to announce, but then it wouldn't help us waiting around for another year to trade him.

One thing to note is Philly is hosting the 2014 draft so they aren't very likely to want to trade at least their 1st round pick that year. They'll want to be able to step up to the podium on the first day and announce some sort of win for the fans.

I guess you could argue a trade of this calibre might be considered enough of a win for them to announce, but then it wouldn't help us waiting around for another year to trade him.

I like the concept behind the 2nd trade-only the Flyers would have to sweeten the pot. Say, Simmonds AND a 1st; perhaps Van adds a prospect like Jensen or Corrado, PLUS they take Booth(they can amnesty him, if necessary).

Lu, Jensen, Booth(10 mill in Cap, gonzo!)

Philly sends: Bryz, 2014 1st rounder, Simmonds(he's signed to a great deal, 6yrs/24 mill)

the owner doesnt play with monopoly money. Its not some form of NHL13 . Its real life.

The owner is not taking any guy on to just 'buy him out' for tens of millions of dollars. Its ridiculous. Thats serious money. Even for a rich NHL owner. It aint chump change they just want to chuck out the window.

the owner doesnt play with monopoly money. Its not some form of NHL13 . Its real life.

The owner is not taking any guy on to just 'buy him out' for tens of millions of dollars. Its ridiculous. Thats serious money. Even for a rich NHL owner. It aint chump change they just want to chuck out the window.

I like the concept behind the 2nd trade-only the Flyers would have to sweeten the pot. Say, Simmonds AND a 1st; perhaps Van adds a prospect like Jensen or Corrado, PLUS they take Booth(they can amnesty him, if necessary).

Lu, Jensen, Booth(10 mill in Cap, gonzo!)

Philly sends: Bryz, 2014 1st rounder, Simmonds(he's signed to a great deal, 6yrs/24 mill)

While I don't see Vancouver doing the 2nd deal the one you proposed would not work ether. It's brutally obvious at this point that no NHL team is willing to give up core players for Luongo. The OP's proposal makes slightly more realistic sense in it allows the Canucks to milk a little more for an off the cap payout (though IMO will be more than the owner would want to spend for a pick upgrade).

On the flip side keep in mind Ed Snider owns the Flyers and they are essencially funded by NBC/Comcast. Buying out Bryzgalov would not be financially crippling for him. In fact most current rumors imply he will buyout both Bryzgalov and Briere this offseason and make more big moves bringing in talent for an immediate turn around. Value wise his 2nd proposal probably the most the Canucks could get for Luongo at this point by milking an alternative angle.

no the trade would happen at this years draft but the pick would be for next year, savvy? and there are other ways to get a 1st round pick for the 2014 draft. i just dont want bryzgalov on the flyers come next season, and i dont trust Mason either

I think Eddy Lack could b a desirable option in a deal with Philly.

They get the best goalie not in the NHL. He would not be very costly and has huge upside. this would allow them to deall with the Bryzgalof debaucle with a little more patience.

With MG deadset on making sure he get s fair return for Lou, it s hard to say when Lack gets his shot.

Archived