21 replies to this topic

#1 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

-I have 2 trade ideas involving getting rid of Bryzgalov and getting Luongo to Philly. I am a Canucks fan 1st but a Flyers fan 2nd and this is what i want to happen (probably wont but its what i want)

1st trade:
*Philly decides to buy-out Bryzgalov (Its not totally his fault but he hasn't been a good goalie,and i think he wants to go back to Russia, so get him out of here)*

Philadelphia trades:
RW Matt Read,
2013 2nd round draft pick,
2013 3rd round draft pick

to Vancouver for:
G Roberto Luongo,
and a 2013 4th round draft pick

-Your not getting Couturier or Simmonds out of Philly for Luongo alone, Read is a good young winger with a small cap hit, and since Gillis botched the whole trade you wont be getting much for more for Lu. anyways it helps both teams, Philly gets a great goalie (Hopefully) and van gets rid of him for a decent winger and picks.

2nd trade:
Philadelphia trades :
G Ilya Bryzgalov (Canucks buy him out)
RW Matt Read
and a 2014 1st round draft pick

to Vancouver for:
G Roberto Luongo
and a 2014 3rd round draft pick

-If you are willing to buy out Bryzgalov i would be inclined to offer a 1st round draft pick for the favor. not this years though, it doesn't look like Philly will make the playoffs, so im not going to risk the 1st overall pick. next year will be different, hopefully everyone is healthy and we make the playoffs, then you can have that 1st round draft pick which will probably be in the later half of the 1st.

What do you say? which one will you go for?

Edited by ken kaniff, 23 April 2013 - 02:12 PM.

RIP rick
Sig too big.

#2 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

i like it. I don't think they would take it though but thanks for coming out :emot-parrot:

Edited by mr.perfect101, 11 April 2013 - 04:18 PM.

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

One thing to note is Philly is hosting the 2014 draft so they aren't very likely to want to trade at least their 1st round pick that year. They'll want to be able to step up to the podium on the first day and announce some sort of win for the fans.

I guess you could argue a trade of this calibre might be considered enough of a win for them to announce, but then it wouldn't help us waiting around for another year to trade him.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

One thing to note is Philly is hosting the 2014 draft so they aren't very likely to want to trade at least their 1st round pick that year. They'll want to be able to step up to the podium on the first day and announce some sort of win for the fans.

I guess you could argue a trade of this calibre might be considered enough of a win for them to announce, but then it wouldn't help us waiting around for another year to trade him.

no the trade would happen at this years draft but the pick would be for next year, savvy? and there are other ways to get a 1st round pick for the 2014 draft. i just dont want bryzgalov on the flyers come next season, and i dont trust Mason either
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#5 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

If I'm taking on bryz I want couturier AND read .....or Brayden schenn
Posted Image

#6 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Philly says no
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,361 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

The 1st one I'd do. The second one probably not, no sense in our organization paying for his buyout and all we get compared to the first deal is a low first rounder.

#8 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:58 PM

I like the concept behind the 2nd trade-only the Flyers would have to sweeten the pot. Say, Simmonds AND a 1st; perhaps Van adds a prospect like Jensen or Corrado, PLUS they take Booth(they can amnesty him, if necessary).

Lu, Jensen, Booth(10 mill in Cap, gonzo!)

Philly sends: Bryz, 2014 1st rounder, Simmonds(he's signed to a great deal, 6yrs/24 mill)

#9 Fibbing

Fibbing

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

the owner doesnt play with monopoly money. Its not some form of NHL13 . Its real life.

The owner is not taking any guy on to just 'buy him out' for tens of millions of dollars. Its ridiculous. Thats serious money. Even for a rich NHL owner. It aint chump change they just want to chuck out the window.

#10 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

the owner doesnt play with monopoly money. Its not some form of NHL13 . Its real life.

The owner is not taking any guy on to just 'buy him out' for tens of millions of dollars. Its ridiculous. Thats serious money. Even for a rich NHL owner. It aint chump change they just want to chuck out the window.

If they're serious about winning, they should do it. First of all, it is an insignificant amount of money for the Aqulinis. Second of all, paying that buyout could allow us to acquire a quality asset from the Flyers. For a rich team like us, that kind of move is a no brainer.

#11 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

I like the concept behind the 2nd trade-only the Flyers would have to sweeten the pot. Say, Simmonds AND a 1st; perhaps Van adds a prospect like Jensen or Corrado, PLUS they take Booth(they can amnesty him, if necessary).

Lu, Jensen, Booth(10 mill in Cap, gonzo!)

Philly sends: Bryz, 2014 1st rounder, Simmonds(he's signed to a great deal, 6yrs/24 mill)

While I don't see Vancouver doing the 2nd deal the one you proposed would not work ether. It's brutally obvious at this point that no NHL team is willing to give up core players for Luongo. The OP's proposal makes slightly more realistic sense in it allows the Canucks to milk a little more for an off the cap payout (though IMO will be more than the owner would want to spend for a pick upgrade).

On the flip side keep in mind Ed Snider owns the Flyers and they are essencially funded by NBC/Comcast. Buying out Bryzgalov would not be financially crippling for him. In fact most current rumors imply he will buyout both Bryzgalov and Briere this offseason and make more big moves bringing in talent for an immediate turn around. Value wise his 2nd proposal probably the most the Canucks could get for Luongo at this point by milking an alternative angle.

Mako1_zpsa4tfuwwx.gif

#12 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

While I don't see Vancouver doing the 2nd deal the one you proposed would not work ether. It's brutally obvious at this point that no NHL team is willing to give up core players for Luongo. The OP's proposal makes slightly more realistic sense in it allows the Canucks to milk a little more for an off the cap payout (though IMO will be more than the owner would want to spend for a pick upgrade).

On the flip side keep in mind Ed Snider owns the Flyers and they are essencially funded by NBC/Comcast. Buying out Bryzgalov would not be financially crippling for him. In fact most current rumors imply he will buyout both Bryzgalov and Briere this offseason and make more big moves bringing in talent for an immediate turn around. Value wise his 2nd proposal probably the most the Canucks could get for Luongo at this point by milking an alternative angle.

Too many variables for any of us to truly say with certainty. If for example, Van goes on a lengthy run, Lu gets in(for whatever reason), & holds the fort...Well, who knows what Philly, NYI, Flor, or Wash may think about Lu, come summer?

Worst case, we're forced into a lousy deal, or even start pondering which 'tender to trade. Best case, is STILL big-time upside. It could still turn out beautifully. I'm glad MG has patiently kept his options open. Yesterday's game may be a glimpse of how things ultimately turn out. The haters were gonna hate on him, either way. If he'd made a deal, everyone would publicly shift & say he undersold.

#13 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,922 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Not happening.

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#14 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

no the trade would happen at this years draft but the pick would be for next year, savvy? and there are other ways to get a 1st round pick for the 2014 draft. i just dont want bryzgalov on the flyers come next season, and i dont trust Mason either

Oh, I understand. But my point is that Philly isn't going to want to host the draft and never step up to the podium on the first day without a significant new announcement. A trade for a goalie to replace the crap they've had to that point would be suitable, but otherwise they'd rather have the first from a PR standpoint. They aren't likely to trade away their 1st this summer as a result.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#15 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:50 PM

Too many draft picks maybe Luo and a 4th for Couturier and a 2nd

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#16 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,467 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:36 AM

The 1st trade isn't bad. Flyers desperately want a goalie and they probably wouldn't mind trading away their draft picks

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Too many draft picks maybe Luo and a 4th for Couturier and a 2nd

no way you get couts or simmonds out of philly for just Lu. you have to admit his trade value is low, and he is not going to get that big of a return since Gillis botched it.
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#18 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Too many draft picks in the first trade. Philly wouldn't do it.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes   || STL Blues EHL Roster ||

cookie.png

#19 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

I think Eddy Lack could b a desirable option in a deal with Philly.
They get the best goalie not in the NHL. He would not be very costly and has huge upside. this would allow them to deall with the Bryzgalof debaucle with a little more patience.
With MG deadset on making sure he get s fair return for Lou, it s hard to say when Lack gets his shot.

#20 Wiznac

Wiznac

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

To Philly = Luongo , 4nd 2013

To Van = Scott Laughton , 2nd 2013 , 2nd 2014

#21 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:15 PM

To Philly = Luongo , 4nd 2013

To Van = Scott Laughton , 2nd 2013 , 2nd 2014

i would go for this, we have Couturier, Schenn and Giroux all able to play center and they are all young. Laughton is expendable. but it would be Laughton, a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year.

Lu, 4th for Laughton, 2013 3rd, 2014 2nd. i would do this
RIP rick
Sig too big.

#22 ken kaniff

ken kaniff

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

I think Eddy Lack could b a desirable option in a deal with Philly.
They get the best goalie not in the NHL. He would not be very costly and has huge upside. this would allow them to deall with the Bryzgalof debaucle with a little more patience.
With MG deadset on making sure he get s fair return for Lou, it s hard to say when Lack gets his shot.

Not interested in Lack, we have Mason and Lack isnt proven at all. at least Mason has NHL experience. i wouldnt give more than a 3rd for Lack. and Lack is more important to us in vancouver

Too many draft picks in the first trade. Philly wouldn't do it.

i edited the trade to have less picks.
RIP rick
Sig too big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.