136 replies to this topic

#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,011 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

Everyone's favorite dumbass at it again!

US Pastor Plans to Burn 2,998 Quran Copies on
Sept. 11

Posted Image

The extremist US pastor Terry Jones announced plans to burn more copies of Islam’s holy book of Quran, a move which is likely to spark worldwide outrage.

Jones’ organization announced that members of the group will hold an event, which they call “International Burning of 2,998 Qur’ans,” to mark the 12th anniversary of September 11, 2001 attacks against the US.

The “2,998” reportedly represents the number of people who were killed in the attacks that destroyed the twin World Trade Center towers in New York.

The radical Florida-based pastor burned copies of the Holy Quran on the anniversary of 9/11 attacks in 2010, which caused angry protests in several Muslim and non-Muslim countries.
In November, 2012, an Egyptian court sentenced Jones, in absentia to death for his role in the production of a blasphemous anti-Islam movie and accusing him of desecrating Islam.

The $5 m. US-made movie Innocence of Muslims was financed by more than 100 Zionist Jews, and sparked massive demonstrations across the world.

http://www.almanar.com.lb/english/adetails.php?eid=89299&frid=18&seccatid=56&cid=18&fromval=1

Pastor Terry Jones plans mass Koran burnings to mark 9/11

Pastor Terry Jones — who was sentenced to death by an Egyptian court in November for his ties to a film about Muslims that sparked Islamic riots — is planning a mass Koran burning to mark the 12th anniversary of Sept. 11.

A press release from his organization — Stand Up America! — states that on Sept. 11, 2013, group members and followers will hold an “International Burning of 2,998 Korans” to “send Islam a very clear warning.” The 2,998 reportedly represents the number who died during the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

“On September 11th, 2013, to remember those who were murdered by radical Islam, and to send Islam a very clear warning that they will not get their foothold in the American Constitution as they have done in Europe, we will be holding an International Burning,” he said, in the release. “The radical hand of Islam shows itself with violence against anyone who dares to stand up and speak the truth. … We will not be silent.”

Mr. Jones is the Florida-based pastor of Dove World Outreach. He helped promote a film that sparked Muslim outrage around the world last year; a court in Egypt convicted and sentenced to death seven Coptic Christians believed to have aided with the creation of the film in November. The court sentenced Mr. Jones — in his absence — to death, also.

At the time, Mr. Jones told The Associated Press the death sentence only revealed the “true face of Islam,” which he said trounced free speech rights. He also vowed that his rhetoric against Islam would not change.

“We can speak out here in American,” he said, as quoted by the AP in November. “That freedom means that we criticize government leadership, religion at times. Islam is not a religion that tolerates any type of criticism.”

Read more: http://www.washingto.../#ixzz2QDAVEoYY

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

INFJ

#2 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

So, let me get this straight - he calls Islam "radical" - what does he call himself?
Posted Image

#3 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Oh lawd, not this dbag again.

So much hate.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 11 April 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#4 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image

/=S=/

#5 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,370 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:28 PM

POPULAR

So that's what happened to the biker from the Village People.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by nuckin_futz, 11 April 2013 - 06:31 PM.

#6 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,323 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

Innocence Of Muslims was a terrible film.

aXmDa9t.gif

#7 LostViking

LostViking

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:38 PM

POPULAR

I really need to move to this guy's hometown and open an overpriced Muslim Bookstore.
Posted Image

#8 woot

woot

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Well, he didn't mastermind a plan to fly aircraft into skyscrapers... and that's about the only good thing that can be said about Terry Jones.

#9 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

Damn, that stache is epic

#10 LordCanuck

LordCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

lets one up him and burn 3,000 bibles.
Posted Imagekhalifawiz501

#11 Jagr68

Jagr68

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

Posted Image

#12 Where's Wellwood

Where's Wellwood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,256 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

That's two upping him. ;)

14diqh3.jpg
Credit to khalifawiz501 for the sig.
https://imgflip.com/i/dyukl

#13 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:06 PM

Go ahead. But I'm sure no one will sentence you to death.

So these lsamic extremists have no problem with mass murder of innocent people but they object to book burnings?

HpkJUPw.jpg

Credit to KingAlex for the sig. R.I.P.

#14 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Go ahead. But I'm sure no one will sentence you to death.

So these lsamic extremists have no problem with mass murder of innocent people but they object to book burnings?

Yeah that's why they're called "extremists" and generally nut jobs. What they are has little or rather nothing to do with Islam at all so even extremists is the wrong word for them. Calling these idiots islamists or even jihadists is wrong. I don't remember what the correct term for these arse monkeys was though. I'm sure there are several that fit the bill.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:41 PM

So let me get this right. To protest Islam, he's going to give them business by buying 3000 of their books ?

#16 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yeah that's why they're called "extremists" and generally nut jobs. What they are has little or rather nothing to do with Islam at all so even extremists is the wrong word for them. Calling these idiots islamists or even jihadists is wrong. I don't remember what the correct term for these arse monkeys was though. I'm sure there are several that fit the bill.

Ok. So regular everyday Islamic people don't believe people should be put to death for burning the Quran?

HpkJUPw.jpg

#17 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,148 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

I'm sure eventually people will stop paying attention to him.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

Ok. So regular everyday Islamic people don't believe people should be put to death for burning the Quran?

Of course they don't.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#19 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Of course they don't.

What makes you so sure?

HpkJUPw.jpg

#20 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Clown parade

RIP LB RR PD

#21 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

What makes you so sure?

Uhh, because the Muslims I am friends with tend to be of the everyday Islamic variety?

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#22 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

Uhh, because the Muslims I am friends with tend to be of the everyday Islamic variety?

So they have no problem with people burning Qurans?

HpkJUPw.jpg

#23 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Is this a serious question?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

POPULAR

Are you equating them having problems with something to them wanting someone to be put to death?

Are you for real? Some serious leaps in logic with you it seems.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

They do... please continue...

#26 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:55 PM

They do... please continue...

You ever get that feeling in your gut like something is going to end badly?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

You ever get that feeling in your gut like something is going to end badly?

Kinda like 9/11?

You ever read the Quran? I have. It promotes violence against all non-believers. I have no time for that ass backwards religion.

HpkJUPw.jpg

#28 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Burn calories, not Qurans

#29 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,630 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

Kinda like 9/11?

You ever read the Quran? I have. It promotes violence against all non-believers. I have no time for that ass backwards religion.

So does the bible. So does the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.

WTF is your point or is this just jumping to stupid conclusions night?

You think the Quran or Islam is responsible for 9/11? Well...at least you're not one of those inside job guys...not far off though.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 11 April 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,905 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

How do you interpret this?

Quran 4:95 -"Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

HpkJUPw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.