The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burn 2,998 Qurans to commemorate 9/11 12th anniversary

key2thecup

You said I'm clarifying some things. That's good. Cause I have nothing against any people. Seriously, white black chinese, none of them. I have friends in all of them. It's religion's intolerance and denial of people's rights and freedoms that I don't like.

Asking if everyday Muslims agree with the Quran's request that anyone burning the Quran or ridiculing Mohammed in any way be put to death is just that. A question.

Because I have a hard time accepting organized religions, I also question why people who say they believe the holy scriptures are the words and wishes of whatever god they chose to worship, chose to follow some of the holy book and ignore the others.

I think the Quran's call for non-believers to be conquered, converted or killed is plainly laid out for all to see. If peaceful Muslims choose to no longer follow those commands, I'm happy for it.

I bet hardly anyone in this conversation has ever stepped foot in a Mosque before. In fact, from reading every post in this thread Id doubt anyone here has done any serious studying of Islam and it's followers outside from maybe asking your "Islam friend at school". Go read the Quaran and go visit a Mosque or two and find out what it is that they preach instead of sitting online and coming up with your half-assed theories on what Islam really is.

The problem isn't what religion is worse than the other. It is religion in general. It has done nothing but divide us into special interest groups who are after enough power to eliminate the other groups, in an effort to prove their god is bigger than yours.

This will accomplish nothing but the incitement of more discord between us as members of the human race. Religion, as it is a form of mind control..(read money control) FEEDS on this sort of thing to sow disharmony. Religions are only as powerful as people, more specifically the adherents, allow them to be. On paper, they are nothing more than ideas, philosophies....however, in practice...not only with the "burning" of rival religious texts as in this context but also the arrogant group of individuals here in North Carolina that are attempting to completely circumvent the First amendment to the United States Constitution...it becomes a VERY dangerous weapon and a propaganda tool used to further sow disharmony. The problem is, that no religions were instituted and their blind followers indoctrinated overnight...so "deprogramming" them so to speak...isn't going to happen overnight either. Religion, and god...are two of mankind's worst inventions to date.

And it turned out that the cartoons never came from Denmark in the first place and so all of the overreaction...the burning of the Danish flag...the death threats against the Danish cartoonist...was unnecessary. Jumping the gun seems to be a habit among all faiths though...even if there is no evidence of something egregious taking place (like the case with the Danish cartoonist) if enough of the group believe it it creates a firestorm and there are asinine death threats and stuff like that..a lot like what happened with Salman Rushdie.

Archived