Posted Image

#32 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

Go ahead. But I'm sure no one will sentence you to death.

No, only eternal torment in a burning lake of fire.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#33 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

How do you interpret this?

Quran 4:95 -"Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Does it matter how I interpret it?

Seriously...you're going to keep going with this because it's not going swell for you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

No, only eternal torment in a burning lake of fire.

Exactly.
Posted Image

#35 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Does it matter how I interpret it?

Seriously...you're going to keep going with this because it's not going swell for you.

Wtf are you talking about? Posting phrases from the holy Quran upsets you?

And how is it not going to end well for me? Are you going to type mean things on your keyboard about me? :picard:
Posted Image

#36 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Wtf are you talking about? Posting phrases from the holy Quran upsets you?

And how is it not going to end well for me? Are you going to type mean things on your keyboard about me? :picard:

Yes it upsets me so in your world that must mean I want you to be put to death right? :D

Seriously...your bigotry is fun and all but at least try to make some bloody sense.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 11 April 2013 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,727 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

Seriously...your bigotry is fun and all but at least try to make some bloody sense.

This thread could use some common sense.

#38 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

How am I not making sense? I said I don't like Islam. Is that not my right?

And I said the Quran promotes violence. Which it does.

Quran 5:33- "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"
Posted Image

#39 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Haha someone is stupid.

#40 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,506 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:28 PM

Quran 5:33- "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Sure say whatever you like. You have the right to that but you don't have the right to not have your opinion questioned when you put it out there.

The funny part though is you think the problem I have is that you don't like Islam. I don't like any religion so I guess we feel the same way about it.

It was an interesting way to skirt what you were originally saying but at least don't play the victim now talking about you having the right to express your opinion.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 11 April 2013 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#41 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

Ok. So regular everyday Islamic people don't believe people should be put to death for burning the Quran?

There's your answer, of course they don't, cuz they're REGULAR EVERYDAY PEOPLE.

We are dealing with extremists here, every religion has them.

Move on, don't feed the troll.

#42 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Go ahead. But I'm sure no one will sentence you to death.

So these lsamic extremists have no problem with mass murder of innocent people but they object to book burnings?

BOOKS ARE PEOPLE TOO.

Terrible people.

/=S=/

#43 VICanucksfan5551

VICanucksfan5551

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

There's a pretty big distinction between scripture and the average adherent of a religion. You can't just conflate the two. People could do the exact same using passages from the Bible, but that wouldn't go anywhere towards proving the average Christian supported violent behavior like that.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,394 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Burn calories, not Qurans

#45 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Keep digging.

#46 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Call him a d-bag all you want, but remember his First Amendment right.

How about the saying "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

#47 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,535 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Kinda like 9/11?

You ever read the Quran? I have. It promotes violence against all non-believers. I have no time for that ass backwards religion.

Maybe you are too dense to understand what it is your reading.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#48 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,535 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

You can find the exact same themes in the bible against non christians.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#49 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,136 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Doesn't the Bible say that you'll go to hell if you go against Christianity as well? That's also kind of a sh*tty deal IMO. I'm not a Christian or a Muslim but I find it hilarious how both religions consider each other to be polar opposite when they're a lot more similar than most people think.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 12 April 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#50 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

How do you interpret this?

Quran 4:95 -"Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" This passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join in the violence, letting them know that they are less worthy in Allah's eyes. It also demolishes the modern myth that "Jihad" doesn't mean holy war in the Quran, but rather a spiritual struggle. Not only is the Arabic word used in this passage, but it is clearly not referring to anything spiritual, since the physically disabled are given exemption. (The Hadith reveals the context of the passage to be in response to a blind man's protest that he is unable to engage in Jihad and this is reflected in other translations of the verse).

Here are some classics from the bible ,

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.

Exodus 21:7-11

A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.
(Deuteronomy 22:13-21

Deuteronomy

"-18- If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, -19- his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. -20- They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." -21- Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.
(Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#51 HTania

HTania

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

will that actually help anything?

#52 SterlingArcher

SterlingArcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

You all need Muslim sensitivity training.

Edited by SterlingArcher, 12 April 2013 - 09:52 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#53 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

Time for a joke perhaps?

Star Wars

The Iranian Ambassador to the UN had just finished giving a speech and walked out into the lobby of the convention center where he was introduced to a U.S. Marine General.
As they talked the Iranian said, "I have just one question about what I have seen in America."

The General said, "Well, anything I can do to help."
The Iranian whispered, "My son watches this show called Star Trek and in it there is ... Kirk who is Canadian, Chekhov who is Russian, Scotty who is Scottish, Uhura who is African, and Sulu who is Japanese, but there are NO Muslims.
My son is very upset and doesn't understand why there aren't any Iranians, Iraqis, Afghans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Saudis, Syrians, or Pakistanis on Star Trek."
The General laughed, leaned toward the Iranian Ambassador, and whispered in his ear, "That's because it takes place in the future."

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#54 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

They should burn Pastor Terry Jones to commemorate 9/11.

I've had enough of this clown.

#55 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

Here are some classics from the bible ,

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.

Exodus 21:7-11

A marriage shall be considered valid only if the wife is a virgin. If the wife is not a virgin, she shall be executed.
(Deuteronomy 22:13-21

Deuteronomy

"-18- If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, -19- his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. -20- They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." -21- Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death."

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.
(Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

That's all very well and good but what's your point? That the bible also promotes violence? Yes it does. I'm not Christian and I never said anything about the bible. I was just pointing out that the Quran promotes violence.
Posted Image

#56 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

They should burn Pastor Terry Jones to commemorate 9/11.

I've had enough of this clown.

And drag his charred corpse in the streets like they do in the middle east?

That would be so awesome.
Posted Image

#57 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

And drag his charred corpse in the streets like they do in the middle east?

That would be so awesome.

How would that make us any different than the extremists?

:picard:

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#58 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

That was my point. Sarcasm .
Posted Image

#59 Lockout Casualty

Lockout Casualty

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Getting sarcasm would make you different...
“Hi Nigel, just a quick note to say that I am always ready to do exactly what is asked but it would have been a great help to know in advance what the strategy was.”

- Carolyn Stewart Olsen, Conservative Senator.

#60 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,753 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:57 AM

That was my point. Sarcasm .

Doh!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.