The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Minnesota and Vancouver

aqua59

Minnesota has one fewer win than Vancouver.

Suter and Parise are home grown players that wanted to play for the Wild.

They are elite players that are the core going forward.

Pominville gives them 1-2 C strength.

Heatley sucks but one more year and he is out of there.

I like Minny and they play the Nucks hard.

Nobody freaked out about the Luongo and Sundin debacles.although it is easy to read between the lines that Gillis is now feeling the heat and that is as it should be.

Check out the score board from last night. Minny loses 2-0. Another loss. It wasn't that long ago that people were talking about Vancouver losing it's grip on first in their division. 6 points at this stage of the season is going to be pretty hard for Minny to make up.

Spending all that cash on two players has been a flop. People talk about Luongo's deal, what about the Minny deal? If Minny doesn't make it people are going to be freaking in Minny. That deal is fresh.

I'm glad Gillis and Co have stayed the course. It looks like another division win for Vancouver and home ice advantage.

The division looks good for us. For this year.

The Suter and Parise signings have been great for the Wild. They are veteran compliments to a young core Minny will be developing over the next few years. In fact, Minny has perhaps surpassed expectations, given they have so many young players in significant roles. The Suter and Parise signings were more about the years to come rather than the immediate future. The future is bright for Minnesota.

But for Vancouver? I'm not saying we'll have to start rebuilding within a few years, but it does look as though Minny is better set up for the future.

I wouldn't call it a flop as they are in playoff contention and will most likely make it in, compared to last year when they weren't anywhere near.

I would say that perhaps they didn't meet the unrealistic and lofty expectations they had set out for themselves at the beginning of the season. It's undeniable that Parise and Suter have made a huge difference,

I wouldn't call it a flop as they are in playoff contention and will most likely make it in, compared to last year when they weren't anywhere near.

I would say that perhaps they didn't meet the unrealistic and lofty expectations they had set out for themselves at the beginning of the season. It's undeniable that Parise and Suter have made a huge difference,

Archived