The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our coach ain't bad....

Ronning4center

I used to think he's such a genius coach, but after the finals, my opinion of him has been constantly declining.

He keeps juggling our lines and he always come up with a new combination.

Last year, we went into the playoffs without set lines.

Sure, Daniel was injured, but he had ten games or so to react. He did a poor job on adjusting to that situation.

Same thing this year. We're always missing key players, but that's not an excuse.

We need to have a proper set of lines that gel well together.

Our lines keep rotating and I fear that our lines would not have any chemistry come playoff time.

for ever fan who wants AV fired, there are guys like me who believe AV is the best coach for the canucks.....he gets the blame for LA knocking us out in the first round....the coaches of all the teams LA knocked out of the playoffs last year most be the bad guys throughout the coaching ranks.....

Yah way to dismiss every other player on the team's effort... Most teams need their goalie to be the best player on the ice. What if Crawford or Bobrovsky or Hiller was playing like crap where would those teams be? Part of a coaches responsibilty is getting their players to play their best and the last time I checked the goalies were coached by AV.

Our Goalies stellar play is not a knock on AV... it only helps the case that he is a great coach.

People want him to jump about shouting profanities and generally making an erse (Scots word) of himself but as I have alluded to before our core and indeed most of our players are intelligent, mature and dedicated to performance...........so they need a coach who appreciates that and tinkers and adjusts in such a way that the mechanism performs at its optimum. AV is exactly right for this team.

If you see what I mean.

In other words our team is a high performance car that needs the occasional tuning and tweaking not stripped down and rebuilt.

I used to think he's such a genius coach, but after the finals, my opinion of him has been constantly declining.

He keeps juggling our lines and he always come up with a new combination.

Last year, we went into the playoffs without set lines.

Sure, Daniel was injured, but he had ten games or so to react. He did a poor job on adjusting to that situation.

Same thing this year. We're always missing key players, but that's not an excuse.

We need to have a proper set of lines that gel well together.

Our lines keep rotating and I fear that our lines would not have any chemistry come playoff time.

We're pretty quick to slam AV when he makes mistakes. Not playing young forwards, mismatching the lines so much you want to throw things at your flat screen.

Consider this....with the amount of injuries we have had this year we are still firmly atop the north west. We went on a six game winning streak with five of our regular forwards out...and we continue to win. In my opinion, this is all coaching. Granted they were'nt the prettiest wins but the fact remains he got the job done. What more can you ask of a coach?

I would not be upset to see another short extention Coach AV. His supporting staff? ...mmmmm not sold.

Yah way to dismiss every other player on the team's effort... Most teams need their goalie to be the best player on the ice. What if Crawford or Bobrovsky or Hiller was playing like crap where would those teams be? Part of a coaches responsibilty is getting their players to play their best and the last time I checked the goalies were coached by AV.

Our Goalies stellar play is not a knock on AV... it only helps the case that he is a great coach.

Archived