The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Our coach ain't bad....

Ronning4center

The only message that is stale is the CDC AV Hater's... until the Canucks stop winning under him he will be here. If he goes deep in the playoffs he will in all likelyhood be extended.

Who do you propose replace AV at this stage in the season, that guarantees a positive impact on the team? Who's message is not stale but funky fresh to catapualt the Canucks to the Cup?

Exactly! All these 'fire AV' bandwagoners and I'm still waiting to hear that answer. As I said before, the best coaches are secure in their jobs, so don't go naming guys that are already taken.

If you have a plan that guarantees the Cup with the removal of AV I am all game to hear it, but at this point I see AV as the Canucks best chance at it. That might change next year but here and now AV is the guy.

It's next to impossible to determine a coach's role in a team's success because there are just too many variables involved. It's easier to tell if a team with a weak roster has a good coach due to their modicum of success under him despite their inherent lack of skill, Barry Trotz for example. The coach on a team with a lot of skill is harder to assess. I think AV is alright but he's had a lot to work with so its hard to say how he'd fare on a team playing ten million under the cap.

Fact AV yes does have the most wins ever, but also has had the best team ever skilled in Canucks history, so he should have the most wins ever.

Fact this team has had one of the best 3 lines ever since back in the 94 era.

Fact this team has had the best goalie ever in Canucks history.

Fact AV came out publicaly and said he didn't know how to coach this team without Daniel in the lineup, for their round 1 playoffs last year.

Fact AV sits on 1 goal leads and lets other teams continue to pepper them in their own zone to just play defense and hope to hold onto a lead instead of finishing the other team off, hense the results from Chicago in back to back years.

Fact AV doesn't know when to call a timeout properly to settle his players down.

Fact AV doesn't know when to pull a goalie when it's clearly not his night.

Fact AV doesn't know what to say to his players to get them motivated to get his players to wake up.

Fact AV demotes players who are producing for no reason.

Fact AV likes under rated players who are gringers who remind him of himself when he played, and those players shouldn't be promoted so high in lines when they are clearly not that skilled of players.

Fact AV makes so many line changes game in and out and then wonders why there is no chemistry.

Reading Aladeens posts shows that he's loathe to find a single problem with AV since ANY criticism that anyone makes of him he will quickly deny and argue for ten posts.. a part of me believes hes actually AV's wife or relative or something because I have never seen anyone uptalk someone and spend as much time doing so on these boards as him..

The point im getting to is that its a waste of time to try and debate with him.. where other people on these boards will actually debate and converse, all he will do is stonewall any idea or concept or opinion you have.. he will obviously deny this but Ive read enough of his grandstanding for the past few months and its pretty much the same one-sided take post after post

We're pretty quick to slam AV when he makes mistakes. Not playing young forwards, mismatching the lines so much you want to throw things at your flat screen.

Consider this....with the amount of injuries we have had this year we are still firmly atop the north west. We went on a six game winning streak with five of our regular forwards out...and we continue to win. In my opinion, this is all coaching. Granted they were'nt the prettiest wins but the fact remains he got the job done. What more can you ask of a coach?

I would not be upset to see another short extention Coach AV. His supporting staff? ...mmmmm not sold.

Reading Aladeens posts shows that he's loathe to find a single problem with AV since ANY criticism that anyone makes of him he will quickly deny and argue for ten posts.. a part of me believes hes actually AV's wife or relative or something because I have never seen anyone uptalk someone and spend as much time doing so on these boards as him..

The point im getting to is that its a waste of time to try and debate with him.. where other people on these boards will actually debate and converse, all he will do is stonewall any idea or concept or opinion you have.. he will obviously deny this but Ive read enough of his grandstanding for the past few months and its pretty much the same one-sided take post after post

Archived