The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Colorado Avalanche - 13/04/13

iCanucksLover

Kassians getting this treatment cause he's been a defensive liability. In Cgy, he was on the ice for 12 scoring chances against. For context, 12-15 scoring chances against is the normal rate 'teams' give up over an entire game.

Tonight, he over committed on the Zannon chance against. In the playoffs, those defensive issues could cost them a game, or two.

Better he's aware and punished for those defensive issues now instead of killing team later.

Yeah, maybe he should give it away in front of the net for a free goal like Bieksa and Lappy.

Heck, he might even get moved up a line!!

Either send him to the AHL or leave him on the 2nd or 3rd line, this benching him and putting him on the 4th line all the time is getting ridiculous.

These games don't mean anything, which is a perfect time for him to play and learn though his mistakes.

As I type this his line creates a goal.

it's nice to see garry is settling down into the team and doing what he was brought in for

they had bx and garry on the PP of 1st unit last gm i think, should just got back to that. right hand and left hand shots, both very offensive minded. can be risky, but it will be better than dan and edler on the point

Maclean is right, AV needs let Kassian have some time to figure things out and build up his confidence.

How the eff do you do that in 1.5 games with new linemates when your getting benched after every mistake you make.

Maybe try doing that to Edler or BIEKSA sometime, I know with defense it's different then forwards, but come on..

Archived