The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Rockford IceHogs - 4/12/13, 5:05PM PST

NuxFan09

Well that's the goal that probably seals the Wolves fate. With Milwaukee winning they needed a win to stay in the hunt.

Goodbye playoffs.

I guess we'll see guys like Jensen, Schroeder, and Corrado up with the big club soon enough.

End of 2nd. 4-2 IceHogs.

Shots: 25-14 IceHogs, Total: 44-26 IceHogs (Yes, that's 44 shots for the IceHogs through 2 periods)

2nd period scoring:

RFD Pirri 21 (unassisted)(SH) 1:42

RFD Olesz 7 (Beach, Pirri) 2:29

CHI Kattelus 3 (Hunt, Vandermeer)(PP) 15:58

RFD Smith 21 (Pirri, Morin) 19:15

It annoys me that the IceHogs have no problem making a guy like Brandon Pirri - a 2nd round pick of the Blackhawks in 2009 - their #1 center while the Wolves want Ebbett, Matsumoto and even guys like Gordon and Kattelus in that spot ahead of Schroeder. Meanwhile, Pirri has been able to develop nicely into a productive AHL player, with 56 points last season and 67 (including his 4 points tonight) this season.

LOL, didn't take long for Rockford to score as this 3rd period gets started. Don't even know who scored it. These commentators suck. The colour guy describes the play but doesn't name names.

Now Jensen takes a high sticking penalty.

5-2 IceHogs.

Arniel and the Wolves just have way too much respect for the vets. It doesn't matter how many games Climie plays in a row, it doesn't matter how many goals against there are with Haydar and Sterling on the ice, they'll always get the first class treatment.

Honestly counting down the days until we are done with the Wolves. Bush league organization.

The Ice Hogs are an example of what a farm team should be. The Wolves are a sad excuse for one.

I've never seen a coach given so many good players and struggle to get his team on the same page.

As others have said, our affiliation with them can't end soon enough.

Archived