45 replies to this topic

#31 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:15 PM

That second gif was more about Magic Johnson laughing, you have to remember that Johnson's really the only reason there is an NBA today. It was a dying/dead enterprise until Magic Johnson brought a new era of flashy play as a 6'9 point guard to the league. He earned a massive amount of accolades and had he not been forced to retire early, he probably would've won more than five rings. You have to remember guys like Jordan, Kobe and LeBron get heavy heavy favoring from the refs, guys like Malone, Barkley, Olajuwon, Johnson, Bird and now Carmelo, Durant, and Harden are reffed the same as regular players.

Posted Image

#32 мцт вяздк чф

мцт вяздк чф

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

damn man, sad that this happened. get well soon Kobe...

KIM JONG UN'S FAVORITE HOCKEY TEAM ARE THE KELOWNA ROCKETS.

JOHN SHORTHOUSE'S VOICE REMINDS ME OF KERMIT THE FROG.

#33 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Lebron James=Best of all Time
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#34 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,127 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

LBJ has nothing on Kobe.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#35 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,321 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

Michael Jordan is the best player ever because of his ability to drive, dunk, shoot, and play clutch. He wanted to be good at anything he put his mind to (not always b-ball, though).

LeBron is the most gifted player ever because of his natural talent and physical figure. He is an agile tank who can crush or slip by anyone he wants. Same thing with Magic and his ability to move the ball.

Kobe? There's nothing spectacular about Kobe. He's even scrawnier than MJ and can't be expected to drive to the net as often as LeBron does. To me, he is one of the greatest because he's one of the most determined athletes I've ever seen. He is like Ryan Kesler times ten. His desire to win turned him into the point-spamming, clutch-playing, championship-winning machine that he is now. I noticed it this year especially, when he basically took over d'Antoni's job as the coach and basically led his team into a playoff spot. His desire to win is so intense that he'll create friction against anyone who doesn't show the same level of tenacity (Shaq, Howard, Mike Brown, etc).

Long story short? MJ was a better team player than Kobe (same for Magic). Kobe's selfishness though, is because of his level of determination. That's something special. I've always imagined what type of monster LeBron could've been if he had the same mentality as a guy like Kobe.
Posted Image

Hockey_Crazy is a god. But I still got dibs on Yuna.

#36 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:47 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

You're not supposed to walk at all with leg cramps, but you can still walk with a torn achilles so that photo is stupid.

Posted Image

#38 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

Paul Pierce came back in that picture and finished the game to lead Boston to a victory

#39 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Kobe will come back from this. There's no way he would end his career for this.

You can tell by his tweets the Mamba is looking forward to getting back and proving people wrong. Don't think I have ever seen an athlete as dedicated and hard working at Kobe. Just the stories you hear about how much of his life he's committed to ball is insane.

Sad day for the NBA to not have him in the lineup but the Black Mamba will be back and be just as good as he is now. (Don't actually think it's possible for him to get better.. this is coming from a LBJ fan).
Posted Image

#40 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

And for anyone remotely interested in professional sports, Kobe Bryant is one of the best twitter accounts out there.
Posted Image

#41 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

And for anyone remotely interested in professional sports, Kobe Bryant is one of the best twitter accounts out there.

i dont follow kobe... or anyone, really... i don't even watch basketball much but i heard when he tore his achilles, he continued the game and people were calling out for guys spraining their ankles and having to be carried off on stretchers and ****

i won't deny kobe is one tough SOB. the guy's been beaten up in the playoffs thoughout the years. comes with being one of the most prolific guys in basketball history

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#42 TheHitman

TheHitman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

i dont follow kobe... or anyone, really... i don't even watch basketball much but i heard when he tore his achilles, he continued the game and people were calling out for guys spraining their ankles and having to be carried off on stretchers and ****

i won't deny kobe is one tough SOB. the guy's been beaten up in the playoffs thoughout the years. comes with being one of the most prolific guys in basketball history

He shot two free throws, and he's also another guy that left a game with a hurt ankle earlier this season. Don't know who he's trying to "prove wrong", everyone knows what he's capable of and what his game will be like. I'd go as far as to say that if he isn't as good when he comes back, that'd be a huge disappointment.

Posted Image

#43 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

He shot two free throws, and he's also another guy that left a game with a hurt ankle earlier this season. Don't know who he's trying to "prove wrong", everyone knows what he's capable of and what his game will be like. I'd go as far as to say that if he isn't as good when he comes back, that'd be a huge disappointment.

exactly. i don't follow basketball. i don't really respect the sport, and when i did, michael jordan still played, but i was only in grade 3 at the time, and that was near the twilight of his career-- but even someone who doesn't care about the sport knows who kobe bryant is. the guy's a legend. the times i did watch though, he's taken poundings cause he was always the guy carrying the lakers, so naturally you go after the biggest threat and he just keeps coming back.

normally people i talk to call kobe a "ball hog" and all that **** but, like, maybe get someone who can score and not rely on kobe to carry the team for god knows how many years. i even know the deal with shaq saying if it weren't for him, kobe and the lakers wouldn't have won all those titles, but after shaq left, kobe was still, the guy. i'm just saying, as a guy who's viewed from what i know. all i'm saying that the guy is tough. i'll still view as MJ as the greatest of all time of that sport cause i grew up idolizing jordan at one point

he's out to prove everyone, because people view basketball as a real "ballet" sport where, if you get touched, you fall down like you've been shot, take some free throws and delay the game. kobe takes his bumps, gets up and plays. the guy cares

Posted Image

who was fitted with collar and chain

who was given a pat on the back

who was breaking away from the pack

#44 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,560 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

Fact: Kobe is the best admitted rapist to ever play the game.

Posted Image

#45 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Fact: Kobe is the best admitted rapist to ever play the game.

I see what you did there :bigblush:

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#46 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,036 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:21 AM

Sad that Kobe was out but I'm so glad that Laker fans are done now, I can't stand their fanbase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.