The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kobe Bryant tears Achilles

lol look at all these Lebron James chicken suckers riding the Heat bandwagon.. Can't even understand that Kobe is and will arguably be the best player ever in the NBA of all time.

I admit I'm on the Lakers bandwagon but only because I'm a Steve Nash fan so I follow where he goes. Pretty much the definition of the Lakers this season. Riddled with injuries and never had enough time to gel as a team to gain chemistry.

Hope he comes back for sure.

I get why M.J. is laughing but what's LeBron doing here? I'd like to see if he can even come close to the 5 championships Kobe has, plus Mamba's won 3 by the time he was 23. Without that big move to Miami LBJ wouldn't even have gotten it done the first time. And while he's not the top scorer anymore prime Kobe > prime LeBron in terms of clutch plays.

Oh yeah, and I doubt anyone could forget this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XxsN8jITds

Yeah he's clearly the better all around player compared to MJ and Kobe.. But in terms of overall greatness, depending on how you determine greatness, Kobe and MJ are at another class compared to Lebron. There's no denying Lebron can carry a team by himself. Hell, he almost brought Cleveland an NBA championship by himself. But the fact that he had to chicken out and play with D-Wade and some dinosaur is the reason why he isn't in the same class as those two. When he was in Cleveland, yes, I'd say he'd be in the same class, but on the Heat, no.

And I love how in that video, Kobe defended Lebron well but Kobe still got the foul even though he didn't do anything but play good defence. Goes to show how much the NBA and the refs love Lebron.

Yeah he's clearly the better all around player compared to MJ and Kobe.. But in terms of overall greatness, depending on how you determine greatness, Kobe and MJ are at another class compared to Lebron. There's no denying Lebron can carry a team by himself. Hell, he almost brought Cleveland an NBA championship by himself. But the fact that he had to chicken out and play with D-Wade and some dinosaur is the reason why he isn't in the same class as those two. When he was in Cleveland, yes, I'd say he'd be in the same class, but on the Heat, no.

And I love how in that video, Kobe defended Lebron well but Kobe still got the foul even though he didn't do anything but play good defence. Goes to show how much the NBA and the refs love Lebron.

That second gif was more about Magic Johnson laughing, you have to remember that Johnson's really the only reason there is an NBA today. It was a dying/dead enterprise until Magic Johnson brought a new era of flashy play as a 6'9 point guard to the league. He earned a massive amount of accolades and had he not been forced to retire early, he probably would've won more than five rings. You have to remember guys like Jordan, Kobe and LeBron get heavy heavy favoring from the refs, guys like Malone, Barkley, Olajuwon, Johnson, Bird and now Carmelo, Durant, and Harden are reffed the same as regular players.

Michael Jordan is the best player ever because of his ability to drive, dunk, shoot, and play clutch. He wanted to be good at anything he put his mind to (not always b-ball, though).

LeBron is the most gifted player ever because of his natural talent and physical figure. He is an agile tank who can crush or slip by anyone he wants. Same thing with Magic and his ability to move the ball.

Kobe? There's nothing spectacular about Kobe. He's even scrawnier than MJ and can't be expected to drive to the net as often as LeBron does. To me, he is one of the greatest because he's one of the most determined athletes I've ever seen. He is like Ryan Kesler times ten. His desire to win turned him into the point-spamming, clutch-playing, championship-winning machine that he is now. I noticed it this year especially, when he basically took over d'Antoni's job as the coach and basically led his team into a playoff spot. His desire to win is so intense that he'll create friction against anyone who doesn't show the same level of tenacity (Shaq, Howard, Mike Brown, etc).

Long story short? MJ was a better team player than Kobe (same for Magic). Kobe's selfishness though, is because of his level of determination. That's something special. I've always imagined what type of monster LeBron could've been if he had the same mentality as a guy like Kobe.

Kobe will come back from this. There's no way he would end his career for this.

You can tell by his tweets the Mamba is looking forward to getting back and proving people wrong. Don't think I have ever seen an athlete as dedicated and hard working at Kobe. Just the stories you hear about how much of his life he's committed to ball is insane.

Sad day for the NBA to not have him in the lineup but the Black Mamba will be back and be just as good as he is now. (Don't actually think it's possible for him to get better.. this is coming from a LBJ fan).

Archived