#91 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

we lost to Colorado that's a problem

and? Most we lost was 2 points and a streak. Don't think the sky is falling...Not giving excuse to this team, but let's move on..

#92 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,746 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

I stopped listening at the end of the 2nd period when it was 2-1.

Then I saw 4-3 Colorado and I thought it was a joke...

The joke was on me.

:( Jesus.

#93 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 1m
"They came out in the third and we thought they might fold, but they came at us hard." pic.twitter.com/ZlRoyxZgvb

Hank said that? Really? You can't think like that...

Alot of times that is our mentality against weaker teams

#94 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Go watch some gangnam crap, or something

Your serious? I'm just as pissed as some of you, but in reality Avs played hard and they capitalized on their chances.

#95 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Lu start next game?

Avs were bound to beat us some game. Our last 13 games, we got 10 wins but I'll say it again not impressive considering teams we played.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#96 domyours

domyours

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

It's so pathetic how Nucks think they can just show up skating around for 60 minutes and expected to win games. Keep it up, Nucks, this kind of mentality won't carry you guys far in the playoffs and so does in life.

#97 visionchoice

visionchoice

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

hope we don't this kind performance next month
better early than later

#98 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

POPULAR

"They came out in the third and we thought they might fold, but they came at us hard." pic.twitter.com/ZlRoyxZgvb

Honestly, piss poor leadership and piss poor coaching should take the blame on that. No team just gives up or "folds". You come out HARD and put your foot on their thoat, regardless of where the other team is in the standings.

That kind of mindset is embarrasing.
Posted Image

#99 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

This is all on AV.

Put in a sick goalie instead of a motivated one coming off a 40-save performance. That's 4 goals against.
Don't call your timeout with 7 minutes to go in a close 3-2 hockey game and your 4th line has just iced the puck twice in a row. Get scored on the next shift.
Completely shuffle up all your lines after out-scoring opponents something rediculous like 13-3 in the last 4 game winning streak and ruining whatever chemistry we had going.

Sure that final call was B.S and we should of had a powerplay after someone got tripped up big time at our own blueline, but the Canucks were sloppy all night long. 1st goal against was a joke of a play by us, 2nd goal Lapierre was pick-pocketted to perfection, 3rd goal was shocking coverage and 4th goal was just a fluke.

Yea, and AV should be able to recognize when a player is having a terrible game. But again, his butt buddies receive no accountability.
- AV would have benched Shroeder for a week if he played the way Lapierre did
- Ballard would have been benched for the rest of the year if he had a game as bad as Bieksa's.

These two players alone should not have played the 3rd period. AT ALL. But no... AV is a ****ing moron.

Furthermore, he hoots like an owl for line-changes every 20 seconds no matter what is happening on the ice, and look what happens! Sloppy changes left, right, and center.

The worst part: look who the opponent was. The ****ing Colorado ****ing Avalanche.

I sincerely hope this is AV's last season here.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#100 nux-luvr

nux-luvr

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I tuned in for the last 5 mins of the game. I saw a soft (albeit correct) hooking call to put us down a man with only a few minutes to go. I chuckled when the announced stated that was the 3rd consecutive call against the Canucks.... so typical. Then as the penalty comes to an end I see a CLEAR trip on Hamhuis as he's carrying the puck that goes uncalled.... again, so typical. How does that not get called? Both referees likely would've seen that given he had the puck. That penalty gets called as it should have and the game is over.

As a side note, I laughed when the 3 stars of the game were announced and all 3 were Avs. LOL, u never see all 3 for the same team unless it's at least a 3 goal difference in score. Homer much Colorado?
We'll miss u Big Bert! :(

#101 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Whatt the eff? yep, this team's a joke when their Captain has that mindset/attitude!

y it was, the denver sports writer got tix at those stubhub prices and tweeted it.

That's messed up

Edited by VancouverCanucksRock, 13 April 2013 - 02:42 PM.

Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#102 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Honestly, piss poor leadership and piss poor coaching should take the blame on that. No team just gives up or "folds". You come out HARD and put your foot on their thoat, regardless of where the other team is in the standings.

That kind of mindset is embarrasing.

On par with "we choked"
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#103 jatylo

jatylo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Hard loss with 7.2 seconds left. The canucks underestimated the avs. One team to always watch out for are the teams that play for spoiler.

#104 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

I tuned in for the last 5 mins of the game. I saw a soft (albeit correct) hooking call to put us down a man with only a few minutes to go. I chuckled when the announced stated that was the 3rd consecutive call against the Canucks.... so typical. Then as the penalty comes to an end I see a CLEAR trip on Hamhuis as he's carrying the puck that goes uncalled.... again, so typical. How does that not get called? Both referees likely would've seen that given he had the puck. That penalty gets called as it should have and the game is over.

As a side note, I laughed when the 3 stars of the game were announced and all 3 were Avs. LOL, u never see all 3 for the same team unless it's at least a 3 goal difference in score. Homer much Colorado?

it's called inconsistency, and I blame Bettman.

#105 forever_hope

forever_hope

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

When is the last time AV's line juggling in the middle of a game end up in anything positive? The boys were sloppy as a whole, especially Bieksa, Lappy, Alberts, and even schneider.. but all this line juggling doesn't help at all and a few of the goals were indirect consequences of it..

Weise can't play in the top 9 and sestito just can't play hockey.. bieksa-edler doesn't work and etc.. but holy crap we were winning, why make so many changes and then juggle them before the first is even over.

Third line looks lost again without higgins but we should still be winning these games. Lets hope we get back on track against the preds
Posted Image

#106 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,430 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

:picard:

Not a chance on any of the 4 goals...

the last one he could've had if he was sharper. watch the replay again, he was screened but was looking the wrong way. he didnt even know which side the puck was at.

but what pisses me off is the skaters in front of him, totally outplayed.
Posted Image

#107 kassians_fist

kassians_fist

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Was AV just using this game to experiment with the lines? I hope so because derpa derp if not.

Sloppy all over.

kassiansig2_zps8c73ed3c.jpg

#108 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted Image

#109 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,550 posts

I have been listening to the team1040 post game. I gotta say Tomlinson suggesting now is the time to try something different in term s of lines I disagree with.

Why not keep the lines as is ? don't need to promote bottom six forwards to the top six after a big game previously. At this point in the season the lines should be set, players should know where they fit. Not be juggling lines trying out new combos thats why there is Training Camp and the first quarter of the season.
Posted Image

#110 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Really sucked how they lost. Would've been much better if they could've at least got an OTL. Oh well, not the end of the world.

On the bright side my boy Jigs got his 250th career win!

#111 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

can't blame the refs for this loss

#112 Gman

Gman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

the last one he could've had if he was sharper. watch the replay again, he was screened but was looking the wrong way. he didnt even know which side the puck was at.

Exactly he was screened. He could not have had it if he were sharper, he could of had it if he got lucky and peeked right instead of left.
Posted Image

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the same sense to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart." - H.L. Mencken

"When you understand why you don't believe in other people's gods, you will understand why I don't believe in yours."- Albert Einstein

"People who don't like their beliefs being laughed at shouldn't have such funny beliefs." - Unknown

"Atheism is a non-prophet organization" - Unknown

#113 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,754 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75a68WPVnpU

Thanks. Not sure I would be watching it, painful memories

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#114 Shea Weber TKO

Shea Weber TKO

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Fire AV, Trade Bieksa, Trade the coaching staff for a box of coors light.

#115 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

I got a sneak peak at what AV's plans for next game's top 6 are:

Ebbet - Henrik - Weise
Sestito - Lappierre - Hansen

I wouldn't doubt it..
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#116 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,572 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

This is all on AV.

Put in a sick goalie instead of a motivated one coming off a 40-save performance. That's 4 goals against.
Don't call your timeout with 7 minutes to go in a close 3-2 hockey game and your 4th line has just iced the puck twice in a row. Get scored on the next shift.
Completely shuffle up all your lines after out-scoring opponents something rediculous like 13-3 in the last 4 game winning streak and ruining whatever chemistry we had going.

Sure that final call was B.S and we should of had a powerplay after someone got tripped up big time at our own blueline, but the Canucks were sloppy all night long. 1st goal against was a joke of a play by us, 2nd goal Lapierre was pick-pocketted to perfection, 3rd goal was shocking coverage and 4th goal was just a fluke.

Your right, although the one thing I disagree with was the goaltending comment

He could have went either way and got the same preformence, this game was hardly Schneids fault but starting him was probably the right move considering he was on an extreme role before that illness.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 13 April 2013 - 02:47 PM.

zackass.png

#117 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,622 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Fire AV, Trade Bieksa, Trade the coaching staff for a box of coors light.

Lol. One bad game after Bieksa has been one of our best D men during this run and you call for his head? Typical bandwagoner

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#118 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,430 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Exactly he was screened. He could not have had it if he were sharper, he could of had it if he got lucky and peeked right instead of left.

not true. watch them when they are on top of the game. he look the right way and are still able to position correctly. that's the same for lui or other top goalies. when they are on top of their gm, they still able to track the puck with screens. when they are a bit off, they dont.

cory let in 3 in the third period. we know how good he is. the team sucked, but he could have been better.
Posted Image

#119 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

well team can't rely on Schneider or LU to win them everygame...the problem is the giveaways. Bieksa gave the 1st goal, Lappy gave another + a chance, getting hammered in their own zone.

#120 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

As much as I hate Chicago...I like how they rarely juggle their lines. Everyone is comfortable with their line mates and they get into rhythm with each other. Their top line for the longest time has been Saad-Toews-Sharp and why change that? Even when a player gets injured, the other 2 will still be in rhythm with each other and the 3rd guy can adjust...
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.