The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 3 @ Avelanch 4

The Magician

Honestly, piss poor leadership and piss poor coaching should take the blame on that. No team just gives up or "folds". You come out HARD and put your foot on their thoat, regardless of where the other team is in the standings.

That kind of mindset is embarrasing.

I tuned in for the last 5 mins of the game. I saw a soft (albeit correct) hooking call to put us down a man with only a few minutes to go. I chuckled when the announced stated that was the 3rd consecutive call against the Canucks.... so typical. Then as the penalty comes to an end I see a CLEAR trip on Hamhuis as he's carrying the puck that goes uncalled.... again, so typical. How does that not get called? Both referees likely would've seen that given he had the puck. That penalty gets called as it should have and the game is over.

As a side note, I laughed when the 3 stars of the game were announced and all 3 were Avs. LOL, u never see all 3 for the same team unless it's at least a 3 goal difference in score. Homer much Colorado?

When is the last time AV's line juggling in the middle of a game end up in anything positive? The boys were sloppy as a whole, especially Bieksa, Lappy, Alberts, and even schneider.. but all this line juggling doesn't help at all and a few of the goals were indirect consequences of it..

Weise can't play in the top 9 and sestito just can't play hockey.. bieksa-edler doesn't work and etc.. but holy crap we were winning, why make so many changes and then juggle them before the first is even over.

Third line looks lost again without higgins but we should still be winning these games. Lets hope we get back on track against the preds

I have been listening to the team1040 post game. I gotta say Tomlinson suggesting now is the time to try something different in term s of lines I disagree with.

Why not keep the lines as is ? don't need to promote bottom six forwards to the top six after a big game previously. At this point in the season the lines should be set, players should know where they fit. Not be juggling lines trying out new combos thats why there is Training Camp and the first quarter of the season.

I tuned in for the last 5 mins of the game. I saw a soft (albeit correct) hooking call to put us down a man with only a few minutes to go. I chuckled when the announced stated that was the 3rd consecutive call against the Canucks.... so typical. Then as the penalty comes to an end I see a CLEAR trip on Hamhuis as he's carrying the puck that goes uncalled.... again, so typical. How does that not get called? Both referees likely would've seen that given he had the puck. That penalty gets called as it should have and the game is over.

As a side note, I laughed when the 3 stars of the game were announced and all 3 were Avs. LOL, u never see all 3 for the same team unless it's at least a 3 goal difference in score. Homer much Colorado?

the last one he could've had if he was sharper. watch the replay again, he was screened but was looking the wrong way. he didnt even know which side the puck was at.

but what pisses me off is the skaters in front of him, totally outplayed.

This is all on AV.

Put in a sick goalie instead of a motivated one coming off a 40-save performance. That's 4 goals against.

Don't call your timeout with 7 minutes to go in a close 3-2 hockey game and your 4th line has just iced the puck twice in a row. Get scored on the next shift.

Completely shuffle up all your lines after out-scoring opponents something rediculous like 13-3 in the last 4 game winning streak and ruining whatever chemistry we had going.

Sure that final call was B.S and we should of had a powerplay after someone got tripped up big time at our own blueline, but the Canucks were sloppy all night long. 1st goal against was a joke of a play by us, 2nd goal Lapierre was pick-pocketted to perfection, 3rd goal was shocking coverage and 4th goal was just a fluke.

the last one he could've had if he was sharper. watch the replay again, he was screened but was looking the wrong way. he didnt even know which side the puck was at.

but what pisses me off is the skaters in front of him, totally outplayed.

As much as I hate Chicago...I like how they rarely juggle their lines. Everyone is comfortable with their line mates and they get into rhythm with each other. Their top line for the longest time has been Saad-Toews-Sharp and why change that? Even when a player gets injured, the other 2 will still be in rhythm with each other and the 3rd guy can adjust...

Archived