The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves vs Charlotte Checkers - 4/13/13, 5:00PM PST

NuxFan09

What the colour guy doesn't realize is that there's little to no skill in this lineup. What does he expect? There's just a couple skilled vets (Sterling, Haydar, Gordon) and a couple 1st round draft picks (Schroeder, Jensen). Too many plugs.

To the shootout we go. Pathetic display on that last PP with all that room. This might be the most un-clutch group in the AHL. Apparently they also had a 5 on 3 at the beginning of the game that they completely wasted away with very little in the way of meaningful chances.

Haydar to shoot first for the Wolves....scores!

Dalpe for the Checkers....shoots high.

Sterling for the Wolves....scores!

Marshall for the Checkers....stopped by Climie!

Didn't hear who for the Wolves....stopped by Muse.

Terry for the Checkers....stopped by Climie!

Jensen for the Wolves....tried the Forsberg move again but unsuccessful this time.

Didn't hear who for the Checkers....scores.

Schroeder for the Wolves....stopped by Muse.

Shugg for the Checkers....scores.

Matsumoto for the Wolves....scores!

Krueger for the Checkers....stopped by Climie!

WOLVES WIN!

Game over. Final score: 2-1 (SO) Wolves.

Shots: 39-36 Wolves

Powerplays: Charlotte (0/4), Chicago (0/6)

1st period scoring:

No scoring.

2nd period scoring:

CHA Beca 5 (Bre. Sutter, Terry) 17:05

3rd period scoring:

CHI Schroeder 12 (Sauve, Sterling) 5:31

OT scoring:

No scoring.

Shootout scoring:

CHI Haydar

CHI Sterling

CHA Samson

CHA Shugg

CHI Matsumoto (Game winner)

Three Stars: (1) CHI Matt Climie, (2) CHA John Muse (3) CHI Jordan Schroeder

NEXT GAME: @ Milwaukee Admirals (Nashville Predators affiliate) - Tuesday April 16, 2013 - 5:00PM PST

Last 5 games: # of Canucks property playing each game -

1. 7

2. 9

3. 8

4. 10

5. 10

*Keep in mind Canucks property includes guys like Desbiens, Vandemeer, Gordon etc.

Frackin' unreal. 18 roster players and, on a good day, Canucks org get 55% of their property into a game.

Should be around 75% in my opinion. 9 forwards and 4 defenseman, plus the starting goalie would be ideal to have.

You gotta wonder how much the past two years have affected some prospects already... playing half a season or less with limited minutes isn't going to cut it. All you need to do is compare the makeup of the team Chicago had last year vs this year. I mean, this was the d-core last season:

Connauton-Baumgartner

Matheson-Sauve

Polasek-Erixon/Tanev/Parent/Hunt

All were Canucks property except for Matheson, and Hunt who only played 14 games. This season, they decide to make Hunt a regular, add Groulx, Regner, and Blain - leaving one open spot for a Canuck prospect. (Which a lot of the time is Vandermeer, not who you'd consider a prospect.) I mean, we only have 3 defensive prospects (Polasek, Andersson, Sauve) in the AHL currently, is it so much to ask for them to play regularly?

Good points, good sir. I forgot how it was last season, and if you're accurate then it begs the question as to why these career AHLers keep getting spots ahead of Canucks prospects, when our prospects were good enough to get them to the playoffs last year. I think it falls on Arniel's head. I mean it begs the question as to why guys like Sterling and Haydar play for the Wolves without NHL deals, when they could sooner play in Sweden or Russia and get far more than the average AHL contract. Clearly these guys aren't good enough elsewhere, so the Wolves are just happy to have the scraps.

I was also choked when Price was released, he's one of the few RHDs we have, and could be utilized on our farm. Also the blatant mistreatment of Sauve, when he's had 2 AHL seasons under his belt, he's now relegated to half a season in the ECHL... horrible treatment of Canucks prospects.

All I know is the Canucks franchise now 'owns' the Peoria affiliate, so we'll have more say as to what goes on. As per vets... let's hit both the max and min by only acquiring 6 skaters. Let Lack and Cannata have the crease.

I was also choked when Price was released, he's one of the few RHDs we have, and could be utilized on our farm. Also the blatant mistreatment of Sauve, when he's had 2 AHL seasons under his belt, he's now relegated to half a season in the ECHL... horrible treatment of Canucks prospects.

Archived