Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 10 votes

Is it not time to give Luo a run!?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
313 replies to this topic

#1 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:33 PM

As we have been watching this team struggling (yes, struggling despite the "nice" little run we had a week and so ago), we have seen Cory recieve a run and Im going to suggest that it wasn't that spectacular, even though winning was present.

The reality seems that our run consisted of extremely tight defensive hockey combined with bottom-feeding teams, with the results being narrow victories; something that will not cut it in the playoffs.

As this team is inching towards the possibilty of being considered a contender once again, perhaps it is time that management allows Luo to run with the starts for a while to see what he can do. Because lets be honest, if we compare the two goalies (yes they are both "good") Luo has looked the higher caliber net-minder, producing amazing results, while Cory has been the more "average."

#2 TIGER SINGH

TIGER SINGH

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

#LUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!
:towel: :towel: :towel:

Edited by TIGER SINGH, 13 April 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

#3 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

Neerrr way.....schneids is our guy

3ab53391304f614b13c048696ff0cb49.jpg?ito

#4 JE14

JE14

Entitled Anarchist Goat King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,696 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Yeah, it was all Cory`s fault that Bieksa and Lapierre gave the puck right to the Avs players.

st3sHOQ.png

CDCFL Bruins |  RGMG Canadiens

#5 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, it was all Cory`s fault that Bieksa and Lapierre gave the puck right to the Avs players.

Never mentioned today's loss against the Avs, rather Im looking at the picture as a whole. The team should give Luo a run and see if he can maintain his dominance, if so why would anyone not start him in the playoffs if/when he gives this team the best chance to win night in, night out!

#6 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Ya.. I think Luongo will get the 2nd of the back to back coming up, but that's it.

It was sloppy defensive play more than anything today, I mean Bieksa putting the puck on Landeskog's stick for the first goal, and Lapierre taking the puck behind the net instead of clearing it was just gross. I thought we'd at least manage to take it to OT, but streaks always end, Av's had the law of averages today - simple as that.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#7 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

i guess cory's best in league stats over the past 3 weeks go out the window.

#8 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

Never mentioned today's loss against the Avs, rather Im looking at the picture as a whole. The team should give Luo a run and see if he can maintain his dominance, if so why would anyone not start him in the playoffs if/when he gives this team the best chance to win night in, night out!

Cause Cory has proven already with his run that he gives this team the best chance to win night in and night out.

zackass.png

#9 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

team struggling? cory average????

have you been living under a rock or something?! maybe you should actually watch some games.

Lu will start 1/2 of the back-to-back coming up.

#10 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

we've seen what Luongo can and cannot do already.

Because lets be honest, if we compare the two goalies (yes they are both "good") Luo has looked the higher caliber net-minder, producing amazing results, while Cory has been the more "average."

WTF?

#11 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

WHATCHA TALKIN ABOUT WILLIS

3ab53391304f614b13c048696ff0cb49.jpg?ito

#12 Nucks fan555555

Nucks fan555555

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

no
Go Canucks Go

#13 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,065 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nope. Schneider has been playing great lately, tied with most shutouts in the league

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#14 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,167 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

'Cory has been average' is probably the most asinine/Lu lover thing I've heard this season. Lets look at his last 11 games minus today

Record: 10-2-0
GAA: 1.26
SV %: over .930 (I don't know the exact number)

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#15 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think he deserves a shot, Schneider has excelled, give him a break.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#16 Bob.Loblaw

Bob.Loblaw

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,251 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

It wasn't, but if the Canucks lose 1-0 against the Preds, a goalie change might just change it up.

Cory's given the team a chance to win night in, night out. Nobody's doubting that. We know who's #1, but one game with Luongo might be good for the team.

#17 Off_The_Schneid!

Off_The_Schneid!

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Let Lou play so I can play my favorite drinking game! Drink after each Lou belly flop !

#18 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

team struggling? cory average????

have you been living under a rock or something?! maybe you should actually watch some games.

Lu will start 1/2 of the back-to-back coming up.

Guess we will see in the playoffs then, cause if Cory is as good as you make him out to be, its going to be like Roy in 93 all over again! Can't Wait!

Edited by The Creature Blue Lagoon, 13 April 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#19 The Creature Blue Lagoon

The Creature Blue Lagoon

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

'Cory has been average' is probably the most asinine/Lu lover thing I've heard this season. Lets look at his last 11 games minus today

Sorry buddy, but you dont get to just pick and choose your stats, its the whole season or nothing at all.

#20 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,167 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Guess we will see in the playoffs then, cause if Cory is as good as you make him out to be, its going to be like Roy in 93 all over again! Can't Wait!

Dude where have you been the last 12 games? Or each game Schneider has started for that matter? Average is the last word anyone would use to describe how Cory has played this year.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#21 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Not a run no. But I do think he will get Nashville, Dallas and maybe Edm.

Let Lu play the non-playoff bound teams to pad his stats.
Let Schneids play the playoff bound teams to get his head into a playoff mindset.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#22 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,167 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Sorry buddy, but you dont get to just pick and choose your stats, its the whole season or nothing at all.

Ok. We can do the whole season

Schneider:

Record: 15-8-3
GAA: 2.14
SV%: .925
Shutouts: 5 ----> tied for league lead

Luongo?

Record: 8-4-3
GAA: 2.36
SV%: .911

Edited by Derek Roy, 13 April 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#23 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:07 PM

okay, whole season: 5th in save % and 7th in GAA. go troll somewhere else you arent fooling anyone.

#24 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

ok if we're going to pick and choose stats if you take away that 8 goal gongshow in Detroit then Luongo's stats are actually better than Schneider's for the season. So doesn't Luongo give us a good chance to win on any given night as well?

#25 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Over the entire season Cory is 2.02ga and .928save%. Lu is 2.36 and .916%
Cory has had 10 more games.

#26 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

ok if we're going to pick and choose stats if you take away that 8 goal gongshow in Detroit then Luongo's stats are actually better than Schneider's for the season. So doesn't Luongo give us a good chance to win on any given night as well?

No if Lu can play that bad, who would want him to play at all? All season or not at all right? Schneider is better just face it. He is the new #1.

Edited by Taylor Hall the horse, 13 April 2013 - 04:13 PM.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#27 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

No if Lu can play that bad, who would want him to play at all? All season or not at all right? Schneider is better just face it. He is the new #1.

lol if he can play that bad in...1 game?

So should we not play Schneider then cause he played like crap in his first game?

strong logic

#28 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Swap em after each goal!
Posted Image

#29 Islandboss

Islandboss

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:21 PM

Are you a Luongo family member or something? :bigblush: It must be Love cause that's the only thing strong enough to blind someone so much that they can see just by the way Cory even moves across the crease laterally is superior and so is most of all his technique.
I can understand people having a favorite player and sure cheer for em to do well but some facts have gotta be face.
A statistician is a person who draws a mathematically precise line from an unwarranted assumption to a foregone conclusion.

Kelly is a great gal

#30 Riggs

Riggs

Hipster Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:23 PM

Schneider had really good numbers during his consecutive games streak but he wasn't exactly facing any NHL powers either. There were quite a few teams that either have trouble scoring or were struggling at the time he played them. He's been very solid this season but there are some weaknesses in his game that can and will be exploited in a playoff series. Schneider has never been keyed on as a starter which is why padding your stats in the regular season is much easier than in the post-season.

Luongo should definitely be given more than just a couple games down the stretch because I have a feeling the Canucks will end up having to call on him at some point. If they just pin him to the bench now, their Stanley Cup hopes will be thashed because I don't think Schneider is ready to go on a deep run all by himself.
Zack Kassian is the Chosen One. Minor League Willie should stop playing favourites.Posted Image
"I cocked that joint back and banged on 'em." - Daniel Sedin describing his slapshot goals

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.