The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it not time to give Luo a run!?

As we have been watching this team struggling (yes, struggling despite the "nice" little run we had a week and so ago), we have seen Cory recieve a run and Im going to suggest that it wasn't that spectacular, even though winning was present.

The reality seems that our run consisted of extremely tight defensive hockey combined with bottom-feeding teams, with the results being narrow victories; something that will not cut it in the playoffs.

As this team is inching towards the possibilty of being considered a contender once again, perhaps it is time that management allows Luo to run with the starts for a while to see what he can do. Because lets be honest, if we compare the two goalies (yes they are both "good") Luo has looked the higher caliber net-minder, producing amazing results, while Cory has been the more "average."

Ya.. I think Luongo will get the 2nd of the back to back coming up, but that's it.

It was sloppy defensive play more than anything today, I mean Bieksa putting the puck on Landeskog's stick for the first goal, and Lapierre taking the puck behind the net instead of clearing it was just gross. I thought we'd at least manage to take it to OT, but streaks always end, Av's had the law of averages today - simple as that.

we've seen what Luongo can and cannot do already.

Because lets be honest, if we compare the two goalies (yes they are both "good") Luo has looked the higher caliber net-minder, producing amazing results, while Cory has been the more "average."

Archived