The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it not time to give Luo a run!?

I love Luo. I would of been perfectly happy to trade Cory & stick with Luo forever.

But Luongo ended all possibility of that happening by ASKING TO BE TRADED.

I moved on, the team has moved on, judging by the post trade deadline press conference Luongo has moved on.

All that's left to do is for Luo to get a new home.

He isn't going to get another legitimate chance with the Canucks unless Cory gets hurt.

He's the backup, he's no longer the go to guy.

At this point doing anything but treating Cory like he's the starter is simply unfair to Cory.

Cory's gonna be here long term, Luongo is done with the Canucks

Let it go.

HE ASKED TO BE TRADED

As we have been watching this team struggling (yes, struggling despite the "nice" little run we had a week and so ago), we have seen Cory recieve a run and Im going to suggest that it wasn't that spectacular, even though winning was present.

The reality seems that our run consisted of extremely tight defensive hockey combined with bottom-feeding teams, with the results being narrow victories; something that will not cut it in the playoffs.

As this team is inching towards the possibilty of being considered a contender once again, perhaps it is time that management allows Luo to run with the starts for a while to see what he can do. Because lets be honest, if we compare the two goalies (yes they are both "good") Luo has looked the higher caliber net-minder, producing amazing results, while Cory has been the more "average."

you sir are wrong,, your mayor of wrongville wrong.. schnieds is our man, hes the number one.. LOU has had his chances in the past, this is no longer his team. its time for schnieds to take us a far as he can..i still dont see why u people cant see that?? lol cory average, hes been lights out. do u not remember the run we jus went on? at least when cory as an off night he doesnt let in 8 goals.. lou has mental problems come playoffs, plain and simple.. thats why cory is the number one and hes gonna play amazing in the playoffs..

enough of this ,, lou shouldnt even be on the team anymore but gillis effed up

I was going to mention him and Brodeur too but i figured all the Lu-tards would jump all over the Olympics and point out how he was better than Marty!! It's too bad Lui couldn't have played like Brodeur considering his salary and not have the blowout games in playoffs. |And then people wonder why there are not a boatload of trade offers for him...

you sir are wrong,, your mayor of wrongville wrong.. schnieds is our man, hes the number one.. LOU has had his chances in the past, this is no longer his team. its time for schnieds to take us a far as he can..i still dont see why u people cant see that?? lol cory average, hes been lights out. do u not remember the run we jus went on? at least when cory as an off night he doesnt let in 8 goals.. lou has mental problems come playoffs, plain and simple.. thats why cory is the number one and hes gonna play amazing in the playoffs..

enough of this ,, lou shouldnt even be on the team anymore but gillis effed up

Luongo's stat always goes south come playoff time and it has been proven again and again he is incapable of winning the Cup in Vancouver, most likely in his carrier. I immediately knew Vancouver would be out in the first round last year when the stupid MG announced before the start of gmae one that Luongo would be the number one goalie. Luongo could not and will not win.

Schneider, like Quick last year, has the benefit of the unknown. He may or may not help this team win. But with his limited playoff experience, Schneider seems to be able to elevate his play to the next level in playoffs. In contrary to Luongo's, Schneider's stats improve in the postseason and this is a big upside for Vancouver this year.

Luongo's stat always goes south come playoff time and it has been proven again and again he is incapable of winning the Cup in Vancouver, most likely in his carrier. I immediately knew Vancouver would be out in the first round last year when the stupid MG announced before the start of gmae one that Luongo would be the number one goalie. Luongo could not and will not win.

Schneider, like Quick last year, has the benefit of the unknown. He may or may not help this team win. But with his limited playoff experience, Schneider seems to be able to elevate his play to the next level in playoffs. In contrary to Luongo's, Schneider's stats improve in the postseason and this is a big upside for Vancouver this year.

5 goals on 24 shots in game 6 vs the Kings last year? 3 goals in a span of 4 minutes in the first period and 3 goals against on the first 13 shots, there u go. that's almost double what Luongo let in in game 7 vs Boston, which apparently was "terrible"

But it doesn't matter because Brodeur had the same problem Luongo did, the team in front of him only scored 8 goals in the series

Makes me wonder how many goals Luongo will be letting in when he is 40 years old.... Maybe go back a few years when Brodeur's game hadn't diminished with age. And yes if Brodeur had been doing that all along his career, New Jersey wouldn't have a cup to it's name nor would Brodeur still be the starting goalie. You must be a new fan of hockey are you?

Archived