The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it not time to give Luo a run!?

Luo and Schnieds have both had a good season. But its clear Schneider has played better. I don't mind giving a Luo a chance to play a few and if he is real hot then keep him in. But Schneider has carried this team and deserves to be #1 for now.

I love Luongo, but our organization made a decision on schnieds earlier in the season and we have stick with it.

And In the end, you can never blame either goalie for a loss, our skaters haven't been very great.

Yes, definitely is. But it's doubtful! Luongo is the better goalie, but the Canucks have moved on, unfortunately. So unless Cory stinks it up in the playoffs BIG time, and Lu comes in to save the day, Luongo won't be back next season.

=(

Not blaming Cory for the Avalanche loss, but a goal against with 7 seconds to play against the worst team in the league is pretty embarassing, as is 3 goals against in the final period.

Luongo deserves the next game, and should get it. We should be playing on a "win and in" basis right now. Luongo won his last start, Schneider didn't, so Lu should get the next game.

But you never say anything valid to back up your statements. If you watched the game, read the newspaper, read or heard the interviews (even by Colorado players) the team had a bad night with horrible giveaways and unforced Errors. If it was Cory letting bad goals in while the team infront doing good I'd be the first to say let Lu play. However, its near the end of the season you need to let one goalie to be going and be sharp for the playoffs. This isn't the time to switch back and forth like they did earlier. I don't know why this is an issue for some people right now unless your're a huge fan of Lu and aren't looking at the big picture.

Do u know what he's accomplished??? Listen man... luongos past decade is better than the full careers of some goalies in the hhof

The only guys that have dominated for a decade like he has in the post 1990s era are hasek brodeur n roy

Here are the last 6 goalies inducted... tell me how Lui gets in with this group.

Ed Belfour Calder Trophy, 2 Vezinas, 4 Jennings, Stanley Cup, 2 First team all star selections

Patrick Roy 3 Vezinas, 5 Jennings, 4 Stanley Cups, 3 Conn Smythes 4 first team all star selections

Grant Fuhr 5 Stanley cups, 1 Jennings, 1 Vezina, 1 first team all star selection

Billy Smith 4 Stanley cups, 1 Jennings, 1 Vezina, 1 Conn Smythe, 1 first team all star selection

Vladislav Tretiak... are you getting the idea yet?

Ken Dryden .... ok enough already!

Roberto Luongo 1 Jennings .... nothing else. Unless he turns it around in the last part of his career, he is not getting in. With guys like Tom Barrasso and Mike Vernon still left out, this is not going to work out well for him. He is similar to Curtis Joseph, a great goalie at times who has never won anything big in the NHL. He is turning 35 next season so time is not on his side.

I love Luo. I would of been perfectly happy to trade Cory & stick with Luo forever.

But Luongo ended all possibility of that happening by ASKING TO BE TRADED.

I moved on, the team has moved on, judging by the post trade deadline press conference Luongo has moved on.

All that's left to do is for Luo to get a new home.

He isn't going to get another legitimate chance with the Canucks unless Cory gets hurt.

He's the backup, he's no longer the go to guy.

At this point doing anything but treating Cory like he's the starter is simply unfair to Cory.

Cory's gonna be here long term, Luongo is done with the Canucks

Let it go.

HE ASKED TO BE TRADED

Listen, both goalies had their chances 1 game Cory other Lu, then av gave Schneider a run and he ran with it and look where we are now. Give Lu his chance and see if he can match Cory let him continue, if not it is Cory's chance.

lol did you not read the original comment? that's exactly what the guy was doing. saying if you discount the Anaheim game Schneider's stats are far better than Luongo's. Which is interesting cause if you give Luongo and Schneider a mulligan on both the crap games this year (Schneider vs Anaheim and Luongo vs Detroit). Then Schneider's GAA drops to 1.98 and Luongo's drops to 2.00

Yep they're sure miles apart.....

lol did you not read the original comment? that's exactly what the guy was doing. saying if you discount the Anaheim game Schneider's stats are far better than Luongo's. Which is interesting cause if you give Luongo and Schneider a mulligan on both the crap games this year (Schneider vs Anaheim and Luongo vs Detroit). Then Schneider's GAA drops to 1.98 and Luongo's drops to 2.00

Yep they're sure miles apart.....

This is basically how I feel. It's nice to see level headed posts. They're both good goalies who will get their own chances to shine.

We all know that Lou would have won the con smyth had they had finished game 7 with the W

Sure, Luongo may be just as good of an option, but he's had his chance, and now, it is Corey's shot. For all we know he could take back over during the playoffs. You never know.

The bottom line right now is that it is Corey's turn, and he will make with it what he will.

Yeah his drops to 1.98 and Luongo's is exactly 2.00 if you give them both a mulligan

So I say again even if you take out both their crappy games their stats aren't so far apart to the point where you could say one gives us a way better chance than the other, they both give us a good chance on any given night

Archived