The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boneheaded Decisions

Erik Karlsson

Did I say I guarantee a cup under AV this year? Its not all up to the Coach. To say he is awful and he sucks and whatever is just plain ignorant. Are there better coaches out there? Yes but unfortunately they are all employed at this particular moment.

Do you think AV told Bieksa to pass the puck out front of the net? Sometimes players are responsible for crapping the bed too. Bottom line is it takes a Team to win or lose.

If you can convince Detroit to trade Babcock for AV, I'm in, get it done. Not sure if teams have ever traded Head Coaches but you have my blessing.

Most of you AV haters are emotional little whiners who have to find a scapegoat so you don't have to blame the Team as a whole for not living up to expectations. If its not AV its Bieksa or Luo, or Raymond or any other flavor of the month or the season. You will always find someone to single out if the Canucks are losing or in the case of AV not winning in a manner you would perfer.

No because they will get their little kicks from the Canucks losing makes them not a fan... nothing to do with their opinion but rather what they have said they will do if the Canucks get bounced out of the playoffs.

No one hurt my feelings in the slightest but either you are OPs other account or his special little buddy way to stick up for him.

Just curious how exactly am I a pathetic thread? Do you think before you type or just spew your BS as it flows from your fingertips?

Since your mind thinks someone can be a thread, I don't think anyone cares what you think in the slightest.

I didn't make this thread because we lost, I've been saying this stuff all season, today just proved how incompetent AV can be.

For the record, I don't think he should be fired this season obviously, but he should be gone next season, unless we miraculously win a cup.

One of my biggest problems with AV is he doesn't ever seem to think ahead, he just takes everything one game at a time and makes a lot of dumb decisions..

Example, last year he told us he wasn't prepared for the LA series because he thought Daniel would be back... Wtf, not being prepared at the most important time of the season? His job is to prepare the team, especially during key injuries...

Schneider was just sick and Lu played awesome after sitting the most he ever has in his career, we didn't trade Lu so we could have two elite goalies for the playoffs. Wouldn't it be smart to get both goalies some playing time to keep them sharp especially if one gets injured? He should have rested Schneider a few more days and gave Lu the start today. There would be no controversy and Lu played great last game. It would raise his morale which would also be beneficial to the team.

Everyone knows Sedins are ineffective in the playoffs and they get pushed around....The only time they score is on the power play, they're invisible 5 on 5. So wouldn't it be smart to put Kassian with them now to start training and helping him get used to the game they play? I guarantee he's going to get thrown on that line in the playoffs once the twins start getting manhandled again.

Sure Kassian makes lots of mistakes in the defensive zone but how is benching and demoting him going to help? All it does is make him grip his stick tighter which leads to more mistakes. (people who play hockey should know this) Even most analysts say AV needs to have more patience and stop demoting Zack. Imo they should either send him to the AHL or leave him on a line to develop some actual chemistry. A lot of our post season success will rely on this kid, whether you like it or not. He can change games with his hits and he can score. Now is the time to get his confidence as high as they can, not do the opposite.

Another thing that bothers me is AV seems to ignore what kind of games his players play and also plays favorites too much.

Kesler is already playing more minutes then Roy after missing the whole season and being injured the last 2 years...

Roy is an offensive player and Kesler is more suited to a defensive role. Kesler's strength is attacking off the rush like Raymond and Hansen so I don't get why they aren't playing together or atleast been given a shot. They would make a great shutdown line that can also bury the puck.

Roy and Higgins have chemistry and Kassian can make room for them. If he isn't going to play with the twins then he should be on this line. Kassian is a creative player like Roy and playing with Kesler hampers that imo.

And please no comments about him being the most winning coach, I don't care at all. Ruff was Buffalo's most winning coach and he's gone, and it really has no effect on this season whatsoever.

I predict a first round exit. This team is far too inconsistent and the line juggling does not help.

Anyways that's my rant. Flame away.

:emot-parrot:

I never said he sucks, I just stated the problems I've had with him all season... What's the point in blaming the players or the team, then I'm just a bandwagoner. :bored:

If AV just left our winning line up alone or atleast didn't juggle the lines 50 million times today I wouldn't have made this thread.

Edit: How is that parrot emo lol

Its quite obvious your feelings are hurt bud. Or is it your butt that hurts? I know I don't make sense, guess what I don't care. I'm just regurgitating the garbage you spew from time to time. And yea I'm the OP, good job detective you figured it out lol! Can you not believe the fact more than a few people have a different opinion from yours? Scary isn't it? Anyone who's anti AV is a friend of mine, considering I'm one of the biggest and have been for years. And to be honest if we lost in the playoffs the silverlining would be that hopefully, he's given the boot, sorry if that upsets you.

Well then what needs to be realized is he is here for this season regardless... he will not be fired before the playoffs are over... so accept this and cheer for your team as a fan does. Now if it all comes to pass that the Canucks are knocked out in the first second or third (debatable) round then I bet there is a good chance the Canucks go a different route and let AV go and we will have the discussion then.

If the Canucks get to the finals what then? They don't win the cup but maybe 6 or 7 games do you really think they would get rid of AV? Or if they win the Cup should they get rid of him then?

As for the parrot I just thought that is what it was called for some reason not sure why.

I never said he sucks, I just stated the problems I've had with him all season... What's the point in blaming the players or the team, then I'm just a bandwagoner. :bored:

If AV just left our winning line up alone or atleast didn't juggle the lines 50 million times today I wouldn't have made this thread.

Edit: How is that parrot emo lol

And in the latest few games we've played how many chances have we given up vs how many have we had? The opposition (particularly Calgary) has outchanced us many times over, we've just managed to win with the goalie bailing us out or the opposition shooting at the goalie's chest (today the Avs buried their chances). I'm as frustrated as the rest of the fans that see AVs glaring problems.

What the hell is Weise doing to earn a spot on the 3rd line? Even on the 4th line it's not like he's actually throwing big hits (sure he's hitting people, but it might as well be Burrows hitting them - not that I have anything against Burrows). Give Roy some actual talent to work with please. I'd rather see Ebbett on the 3rd than Weise.

Why is Kassian being bounced around 2 different lines all game? How is he supposed to develop any chemistry with anyone? How is he going to learn how to fix his mistakes?

And in the latest few games we've played how many chances have we given up vs how many have we had? The opposition (particularly Calgary) has outchanced us many times over, we've just managed to win with the goalie bailing us out or the opposition shooting at the goalie's chest (today the Avs buried their chances). I'm as frustrated as the rest of the fans that see AVs glaring problems.

What the hell is Weise doing to earn a spot on the 3rd line? Even on the 4th line it's not like he's actually throwing big hits (sure he's hitting people, but it might as well be Burrows hitting them - not that I have anything against Burrows). Give Roy some actual talent to work with please. I'd rather see Ebbett on the 3rd than Weise.

Why is Kassian being bounced around 2 different lines all game? How is he supposed to develop any chemistry with anyone? How is he going to learn how to fix his mistakes?

Also if you're so sure this team can't win the Cup with AV just stop watching, cause if they don't win it odds are he is done anyways. You can laugh up a storm with your little buddy when you hear the Canucks are out of the playoffs. And then start watching and cheering for the team like a fan when AV is fired before next season.

Obviously AV has a lot riding on these playoffs and without an amazing run he is done here (fair or not) so why get so worked up about it all the time? just wait and see what happens.

That game is exactly what has been wrong with the Canucks all year.

Start slow, and don't finish.

All season long that's what they have done.

In other words, they haven't done a bloody thing to change/adapt.

Sorry...we are in 3rd - but we don't deserve to be.

We aren't playing like a 3rd place team.

Archived