The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boneheaded Decisions

Erik Karlsson

You write as if its AVs gameplan to have the defenders turn over the puck in their own zone... Do you really believe the Players Executed the game plan today? You think AV has a little remote control on the puck and makes the forwards shoot at Giggy's logo? Those first things you mentioned aren't on AV, it rests on the players to think rather than throwing the puck out in front of Schneider to set up the other team.

Why is Weise on the 3rd? Not sure maybe he pleasures AV in some way... but what does it matter who is where when none of them are taking an afternoon game against the bottom dwelling AVs seriously.

As for Kassian, I agree he could be handled differently but at the end of the day he needs to produce at the level he is capable of, he needs to be the guy to make his linemates better by hitting and making smart defensive and heads up play. These are things a player can do on any line... he doesn't need to constantly score but he needs to start playing in this manner to show that he is growing into a consistent player and he will be rewarded.

lol, you get worked up so easy. And haven't you ever thought that the people who want to see AV fired are doing so and making threads and arguing with other people, because they LOVE their team and want to see a coach who can actually harness this talent and bring a cup here before its too late!? So how are they not fans again? You useless thread

You have to remember that the rest of the regular season games are essentially meaningless.

The Canucks are going to win the division & finish 3rd in the conference.

AV has the luxury of using the rest of the season to experiment with line combinations.

Can Weisse handle a bigger role if needed? No idea, lets find out.

Can Kassian learn consistency from Kesler? No idea, we can hope. Lets find out.

Who has chemistry with Roy? Lets find out.

Can Cory handle the intense workload? Lets find out.

I didn't make this thread because we lost, I've been saying this stuff all season, today just proved how incompetent AV can be.

For the record, I don't think he should be fired this season obviously, but he should be gone next season, unless we miraculously win a cup.

One of my biggest problems with AV is he doesn't ever seem to think ahead, he just takes everything one game at a time and makes a lot of dumb decisions..

Example, last year he told us he wasn't prepared for the LA series because he thought Daniel would be back... Wtf, not being prepared at the most important time of the season? His job is to prepare the team, especially during key injuries...

Schneider was just sick and Lu played awesome after sitting the most he ever has in his career, we didn't trade Lu so we could have two elite goalies for the playoffs. Wouldn't it be smart to get both goalies some playing time to keep them sharp especially if one gets injured? He should have rested Schneider a few more days and gave Lu the start today. There would be no controversy and Lu played great last game. It would raise his morale which would also be beneficial to the team.

Everyone knows Sedins are ineffective in the playoffs and they get pushed around....The only time they score is on the power play, they're invisible 5 on 5. So wouldn't it be smart to put Kassian with them now to start training and helping him get used to the game they play? I guarantee he's going to get thrown on that line in the playoffs once the twins start getting manhandled again.

Sure Kassian makes lots of mistakes in the defensive zone but how is benching and demoting him going to help? All it does is make him grip his stick tighter which leads to more mistakes. (people who play hockey should know this) Even most analysts say AV needs to have more patience and stop demoting Zack. Imo they should either send him to the AHL or leave him on a line to develop some actual chemistry. A lot of our post season success will rely on this kid, whether you like it or not. He can change games with his hits and he can score. Now is the time to get his confidence as high as they can, not do the opposite.

Another thing that bothers me is AV seems to ignore what kind of games his players play and also plays favorites too much.

Kesler is already playing more minutes then Roy after missing the whole season and being injured the last 2 years...

Roy is an offensive player and Kesler is more suited to a defensive role. Kesler's strength is attacking off the rush like Raymond and Hansen so I don't get why they aren't playing together or atleast been given a shot. They would make a great shutdown line that can also bury the puck.

Roy and Higgins have chemistry and Kassian can make room for them. If he isn't going to play with the twins then he should be on this line. Kassian is a creative player like Roy and playing with Kesler hampers that imo.

And please no comments about him being the most winning coach, I don't care at all. Ruff was Buffalo's most winning coach and he's gone, and it really has no effect on this season whatsoever.

I predict a first round exit. This team is far too inconsistent and the line juggling does not help.

Anyways that's my rant. Flame away.

:emot-parrot:

You have to remember that the rest of the regular season games are essentially meaningless.

The Canucks are going to win the division & finish 3rd in the conference.

AV has the luxury of using the rest of the season to experiment with line combinations.

Can Weisse handle a bigger role if needed? No idea, lets find out.

Can Kassian learn consistency from Kesler? No idea, we can hope. Lets find out.

Who has chemistry with Roy? Lets find out.

Can Cory handle the intense workload? Lets find out.

definately agree on putting Kass on the first line and leaving him there to gel a bit before the play-offs start. Hard to ware down a teams top D-pairing, when they are not being hit the entire series.

You cant post a fire AV thread after a win either. But it should have happened after last season.

That is absolutely pathetic.

Holy effing crap.

Re read that.

Seriously.

Idiot.

And i will absolutly take a warning for calling out acontradictory comment as posted.

Daft and misinformed all together.

Your comment has zero merit.

Cheer for another team.

Ugh. Re reading all of that just reaffirms how blatantly idiotic this fanbase is.

Perhaps, that will be exactly what happens, but if it does it means you getting your jollies on the Canucks losing. That makes you not a fan in the slightest, so I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Next someone would actually have to read this drivel before you would be able to say "I told you so".

Effing-A.

The best aspects about laying blame to the Twins is that they are first out of alllllllllllllllllllll the team to take the blame.

They have been stymied AT TIMES at various points of their playoff careers, but they should never shoulder that heavily.

Despite some of their best Sedinery, they have been thwarted by a debatable plate of mitigated circumstances.

Jerks that lay blame on those guys rarely comment transparently.

Could folks actually understand that had they ever had any HEALTHY support, there could be many different outcomes. Not too many because they are the mechanism for success. Had they have had the world class goaltending, and more importantly a fully healthy roster...this thread wouldnt exist.

Or would it?

Because there is this cross section of stubborn jerk offs that lay the blame on a coach that has helped foster the core players into being the best.

Yet these same morons want to debate the results?!!!!!!!

That is why i wander into these threads.

I enjoy the long time users who for a very long time on this messageboard who have a distinct pedigree of coaching, lay it all out for you. They have commented thoughtfully with knowledge. Yet there y'all are never even taking the moment to do any research into why it was stated. Let alone being a good reader into obviously stated layouts of how this organization have moved forward.

AV is an excellent coach, not perfect, but there is innovation that some of you just fail to acknowledge. The players dig it. Mass sports media dig it (outside of Vancity, the Canucks are regarded as an exceptionally coached team.) Their opponents are in awe of it. The statistical breakdowns support it all.

I fully get that we want this team to win it all, that is our common wish. But folks must do their due diligence before EVER heaping blame on AV.

There is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much resource for folks to research. But you dont. And you appear ridiculous. And...you are.

To poo-poo on a coach that has brought so much winning is simply pathetic. Even more asinine are your non reasons.

Go to a bookstore. Read:

Simply the Best: Insights and Strategies from Great Hockey Coaches.

That book aside from the sound comments from some CDC users, will change your mind about coaching.

Watch all of the amazingly open docs about modern NHL organizations.

The come back to a retard thread like this and say something with weight.

As far as im concerned, winning is awesome.

Too bad, and so damn sad that you folks do not enjoy it.

Because you do not enjoy this team whatsoever.

That is absolutely pathetic.

Holy effing crap.

Re read that.

Seriously.

Idiot.

And i will absolutly take a warning for calling out acontradictory comment as posted.

Daft and misinformed all together.

Your comment has zero merit.

Cheer for another team.

Ugh. Re reading all of that just reaffirms how blatantly idiotic this fanbase is.

Do you even watch the twins play in the playoffs? What does a healthy roster have to do with anything, I'm not just talking about the Boston series..

Their cycle game is non existent when other defenders start playing physical against them. The refs also put the whistle away which doesn't help their game at all. This is why Kassian should play with them to create room. We finally have a player who can protect and create space for the twins in the playoffs and is good enough to score and keep up with the play too.

Our power play is atrocious this year, so I hope you aren't expecting them to get all their points on it like they usually do.

And if they're going to embarrass themselves and the team by letting a midget repeatedly punch them in the face in the Stanley cup final when we already have the rep of a soft team, then they deserve criticism because that was embarrassing. At least they're starting to get some push back now though, especially when Kass is on their line.

That reminds me, another problem I had with management was their no retaliate and get em on the power play mentality. Maybe if the team stood up for themselves we wouldn't be known as such a soft team. This is hockey, not ballet. They should have known eventually that the refs were going to put the whistles away in the playoffs. (Like I said, not very good at thinking ahead)

I said 2 years ago before the playoffs started that going into the playoffs relying on the power play to win is asking for trouble.

I guess It's kind of a good thing our power play sucks this year though, so we don't rely on it every damn game like we used to.

Archived