Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Boneheaded Decisions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
181 replies to this topic

#181 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Exactly, a bubble playoff team like Columbus or Phoenix would do well with AV

Yeah for sure, him and Columbus would be a perfect fit imo. Just like his first year here when the team relied on Luongo to win every night.

He could do the same there with Brobovsky.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#182 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

While I agree with what you say, this team is too talented for a first round loss especially with a healthy Kesler and Daniel.

However, I do agree with pretty much all your points. We will eventually see AV throw Kass with the Sedins together in the playoffs once he sees them get manhandled with no calls made by the ref. It would be smart to build chemistry right now..

Roy has shown the ability to score/set up teamates with a great vision. It would be ideal to use Kes as a checking centre. He would still get TONS of icetime as he would be matched up against the opposition's top line. We should use him like we did against Toews.

If we had Raymond and Hansen play with him, it would be a VERY solid checking line and might actually outscore the opposition's top line. Hansen is great on the forecheck and goes hard to the net. kes shoots a lot so there's going to be some rebound opportunities for Hansen in front.

Raymond on the other hand has improved greatly on his passing this year and has made some nice plays. His speed will back up the d-men at the blue line and when he does his usual button hook at the side wall, he can either pass to the D or find Kesler in the slot with Hansen going hard to the net.

Keep Roy with Higgins (great chemistry) and have either Burr or Kassian with them. That's also a defensively responsible scoring line.

4th line, Weise, Lapierre, Sestito- Keep building chemistry.

Wow... I was wrong in that even I thought the Canucks would get past the 1st round... Didn't see a sweep coming

So much fail by the AV supporters in this thread

Edited by CanucksJay, 10 May 2013 - 01:30 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.