Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Samuel Påhlsson

Derek Roy #15

11 posts in this topic

I cant see anything on the sig that needs improvement

Awesome stuff!

Looks a little too busy, other than that, it's good.

I don't see much wrong with this sig, it's actually quite nice. The stock work is excellent and there is a nice feel of texture here. Way to go.

There were things that do need some improvement

- The use of colored stocks are nicely done and the colorful contrast is there but the transition is not smooth. You don't need the sig to be blue but because the background behind Roy is blue, and then sharply turns into warm colors, the red and yellow seem out of place.

- The stock use on the bottom right are really messy, there are fractals and pieces, even a blue light that are distracting me from the focal point of the signature. if you were to blend that it and remove those parts, the sig will be blended better

- and finally, the text is very "nooby". Don't wait for the text to be implemented after. Make it part of the actual sig in a sense that it should be of equal importance as the render. What I do for my sigs is place the text on the sig right after I position my main athlete or subject. This is done before choosing the background, or the stocks and textures... I find a good text and place it there. The fonts seem out of place. The bold outer stroke is too prominant and distracting.

(Don't worry man, text is the hardest thing to do. Even when you get really really good!!)

Overall it is a great sig and you should feel proud of what you have made. Be encouraged and make more sigs, get better, be WAY MORE CREATIVE. When I was making sigs on this forum a couple of years ago, I was known for my creative sigs. It wasn't because they were tecnically perfect that people liked them, it was because I was willing to take risks. I eventually got better over time and now it has helped me in my new proffesional graphic works.

^ Now that is a definition of CnC right there! marinated.pea-like. :P