The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do You Honestly Think?

ShakyWalton

Just asking this question,,do you honestly think that the NUX will beat either STL or CHI?

I would guess this week may go a long way to make peeps decide,,,but in all honesty..I cant see it.

CHI is a tough team and if we get STL in the first round,,well...good luck is all I can say.

I havent seen much killer instinct in our team this year and certainly no drive in crucial situations...you can flame me all you wish but it wont take away from the fact the NUX need to be totally on their game with all pistons firing or its an early exit.

I hope Im wrong,,but the playoffs as they sit scare me with this team.

Honestly, I'm gonna be honest with you.

I honestly think that we will honestly have a really hard time with the blues if we match up in a playoffs series, I'm not a 100% confident that we'll win a series vs them, but neither should they.

I also think that a series against Chicago would be an extremely tough series to get through, and that they Definitly look like they have the edge, goaltending would be huge in a series like this.

All in all, I honestly think that a series against either of these two teams would be extremely challenging and that they would Definitly ware us down.

I have seen weirder things happen.

I just don't know about the canucks this year, we havn't really played any games with urgency nor with a full 60 minute effort. Without solid goalitending we would be fighing off teams for 6th in the west.

I think roy woke the team up however, and with consistant line combanations we could snap out of it.

Not expecting much this year, however if the joke is on me ill gladly take it.

Just asking this question,,do you honestly think that the NUX will beat either STL or CHI?

I would guess this week may go a long way to make peeps decide,,,but in all honesty..I cant see it.

CHI is a tough team and if we get STL in the first round,,well...good luck is all I can say.

I havent seen much killer instinct in our team this year and certainly no drive in crucial situations...you can flame me all you wish but it wont take away from the fact the NUX need to be totally on their game with all pistons firing or its an early exit.

While I agree that sometimes we do lack the killer instincts and let teams come back, I honestly believe we can beat any team if we put our minds to it.. and I'm not saying that because I'm a blind supporter and here is why:

The following is our record against the possible playoff teams of the West:

Chicago: 1-0-1 (1 more game coming up)

Anaheim: 1-1-0 (1 more game coming up)

LA: 2-0-1

San Jose: 0-2-1

St Louis: 1-0-1 (1 more game coming up)

Minnesota: 2-2-0

Dallas: 1-1-0 (1 more game coming up)

Detroit: 1-1-0 (1 more game coming up)

so you see, other than against San Jose, we've been pretty evenly matched with these contending teams, and we've done so while having our forward group taped together.. we play 5 of our last 7 games against these teams and these games will be a better telling of how we might do against them in the playoffs

We've played the Blackhawks twice (I believe...will check) and it's a split - both games went to shootouts?

Same for the Blues - split at a game a piece.

So why not? Of course we can beat them and it's a matter of a few things that will likely determine who comes out on top and a couple of them are out of our control (injuries/reffing). Goaltending will be huge and we likely have an edge there with two #1 goaltenders...any team's got to be a bit concerned about that. But we need to play defense first (without all the sloppy giveaways, etc.) and come out with energy and hard hits. Then, hopefully, the scoring will just follow suit in that. Like that we don't have to totally rely on the Sedins and have other players totally capable of chipping in with that.

I feel optimistic, unlike the sky is falling crew.

Archived