Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MillerGenuineDraft

Favourite place to go for beers downtown?

18 posts in this topic

Looking for a new place downtown to go for beers. Preferably with a pumped up vibe, patio for pitchers and is good to watch some sports. Any reccomendiez?

I'm a fan of the cambie, simply because of the vibe they have. Anything similar, but preferably with a patio to have some brewskies?

Let's Play "Guess the ex-Canuck!"

Which ex-Canuck would have said "The Roxy"?

If any ex-canuck responds, "The Roxy" to this question, then I definitely agree with them being an "ex" Canuck.

Edit: And Shane O'Brien obvsies

shane-obrien.jpg

I've only been there once but The Pint in Gastown seems fairly nice.. Lamplighter's got a trivia night every Tuesday but you'd have to make reservations to play.

Slightly out of dt but tap and barrell in the olympic village have a great patio, good selection of beers and a solid burger. I believe theres one opening up soon beside the olypic torch too. The Mill on the water in coal harbour holds it down pretty well too.

the girls who work at ceilis know my name lol sadly, my favourite one left a few months ago, but the girls there are real nice. it's one of my faves since it's real chill there

The Pint is okay. Lots of TVs if you're there to watch a game. Food, however, is decent, at best. I went to Mahoney and Sons at Burrard Landing for my birthday last month. Had a lot of fun, servers were very nice. They have a HUGE wrap around patio with an awesome view. They close at midnight though. The UBC location is open til 1 Thursday-Saturday.

I hate paying the ridiculous prices and cover charges a lot of bars/pubs/lounges has. I just go to Ebisu if I want to have drinks and to watch the game. 12 bucks per pitcher and usually there are other Canucks specials.

I remember during the '11 run, they had free shots every goal scored by the Canucks and each table gets assigned a random player and if that player scores, you get a free pitcher of beer. Game 4 vs SJS, two quick goals by Salo, two free shots, lol. Not sure if they have those anymore though.

Steamworks is a personal favourite, but probably not what you are looking for.

I hate paying the ridiculous prices and cover charges a lot of bars/pubs/lounges has. I just go to Ebisu if I want to have drinks and to watch the game. 12 bucks per pitcher and usually there are other Canucks specials.

I remember during the '11 run, they had free shots every goal scored by the Canucks and each table gets assigned a random player and if that player scores, you get a free pitcher of beer. Game 4 vs SJS, two quick goals by Salo, two free shots, lol. Not sure if they have those anymore though.

sorry completely off-topic but this just reminded me of one place in North Van where you can grab a puck out of bucket with a number on it. anytime your number scores, you got a beverage of choice.

I was looking for #14 but they said I was not allowed to choose, I should just grab whatever puck is on top. So I got #21 and Raymond scored a hattie that night...

but yeah....I don't know any good bars since I live in Zurich sorry