The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favourite place to go for beers downtown?

The Pint is okay. Lots of TVs if you're there to watch a game. Food, however, is decent, at best. I went to Mahoney and Sons at Burrard Landing for my birthday last month. Had a lot of fun, servers were very nice. They have a HUGE wrap around patio with an awesome view. They close at midnight though. The UBC location is open til 1 Thursday-Saturday.

I hate paying the ridiculous prices and cover charges a lot of bars/pubs/lounges has. I just go to Ebisu if I want to have drinks and to watch the game. 12 bucks per pitcher and usually there are other Canucks specials.

I remember during the '11 run, they had free shots every goal scored by the Canucks and each table gets assigned a random player and if that player scores, you get a free pitcher of beer. Game 4 vs SJS, two quick goals by Salo, two free shots, lol. Not sure if they have those anymore though.

I hate paying the ridiculous prices and cover charges a lot of bars/pubs/lounges has. I just go to Ebisu if I want to have drinks and to watch the game. 12 bucks per pitcher and usually there are other Canucks specials.

I remember during the '11 run, they had free shots every goal scored by the Canucks and each table gets assigned a random player and if that player scores, you get a free pitcher of beer. Game 4 vs SJS, two quick goals by Salo, two free shots, lol. Not sure if they have those anymore though.

sorry completely off-topic but this just reminded me of one place in North Van where you can grab a puck out of bucket with a number on it. anytime your number scores, you got a beverage of choice.

I was looking for #14 but they said I was not allowed to choose, I should just grab whatever puck is on top. So I got #21 and Raymond scored a hattie that night...

but yeah....I don't know any good bars since I live in Zurich sorry

Archived