#151 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

How can you compare BCIT to SFU??

BCIT is a trades school while SFU is a comprehensive university. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Because I went to both for the same subjects.
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#152 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,692 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

I go to UFV, because it's stupid cheap in comparison to other schools. If I go for a masters I will likely go to a school of higher prestige, though.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#153 thelastguy

thelastguy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Prestige doesn't matter when it comes down to UBC or SFU, both schools can get you that first, entry level job. The most important things are networking and recruiting. UBC probably has a better alumni network, but I would imagine the same employers come to UBC and SFU. If you have a strong GPA, good work experience, and a solid network, it doesn't matter which school you went to. This is all true for undergrad, but for a graduate degree I would definitely go to UBC over SFU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.