The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 14 Thread

Please Call 911

Guest Gumballthechewy

Honestly, if all those things are done well (however unlikely that is) those improvements alone would make me a happy camper.

Be A Pro and the hitting are my two biggest peeves with this game, fixing them were the two things I wanted most.

Same here but with a third thing, AI, I want to play against a challenging AI, not a frustrating cheating AI and I want smarter teammate AI, that's not too much to ask, is it?

I hope they revamp the GM mode and make it like Madden's where you have full ownership of everything related to the team. Meaning, jersey, colours, logo, arena, relocation, sales, all that...

Yes please.

I also love how their Signing system was done, with players choosing a new team based on their desire to win a championship, be a starter, make money, live in a nice climate, etc.

With NHL its pretty much just send them an offer close to the cash and term they want, and they'll re-sign no matter what.

With Madden some players wouldn't sign with you even if you threw stupid amounts cash at them if you didn't meet their other needs.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I hope they revamp the GM mode and make it like Madden's where you have full ownership of everything related to the team. Meaning, jersey, colours, logo, arena, relocation, sales, all that...

Oh man, that would be sooo awesome!!! I could finally move the Coyotes to Kelowna.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I'm actually pumped for this Be A Pro... Trying to keep my expectations low though... :P

Ha ha! Yeah, same here! :P

Sooo after all of the complaints about the hitting being too unrealistic/too many big hits etc., they've now made the hits even BIGGER... But wait, not only that, but hitting is now easier! Call me crazy but neither of those 2 things were what was remotely wrong with the contact engine.

Sooo after all of the complaints about the hitting being too unrealistic/too many big hits etc., they've now made the hits even BIGGER... But wait, not only that, but hitting is now easier! Call me crazy but neither of those 2 things were what was remotely wrong with the contact engine.

I was hoping EA would drastically fix the hitting engine which it looks like they have. If you've seen the kinds of hits that have been seen in 13 you'd know why I wanted a change :P

Top 5 who have yet to make a cover

Tavares

Kunitz

Crosby

Datsyuk (PLEASE)

P.K Subban

Top 5 who could get their 2nd cover

Ovi

Stamkos

Marty St Louis

Pat Kane

Eric Staal

Wild cards : Anderson, Bobrovsky.

Kunitz?! Really? He's a nobody without Crosby.

I would add Toews to the 2nd cover list, but I think they would/should go with Subban. The guy has been solid since entering the league and is tearing it up this year. Plus he's a player in a large Canadian market (not sure if that matters..)

Kunitz?! Really? He's a nobody without Crosby.

I would add Toews to the 2nd cover list, but I think they would/should go with Subban. The guy has been solid since entering the league and is tearing it up this year. Plus he's a player in a large Canadian market (not sure if that matters..)

Kunitz is there mostly because there is no one else having a career year like him.

Theres no chance Kunitz will be on the cover.

I'm hoping its either Datsyuk or Crosby

Its about time Crosby gets an NHL cover. But maybe the reason why he hasn't been on a cover is because he's said no in the past?

If Crosby wanted to be on the cover, he probably would've by now. So my guess is Subban, unless Crosby actual does want to be on the cover. Though Datsyuk would be nice before he retires, an who knows when that will be. I say he's got 3 year max left in the nhl before he goes back to Russia.

Archived