The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 14 Thread

Please Call 911

They seriously need to fix the following:

1) The injuries in Be a GM mode. They aren't so bad when you're actually playing the game, but my gosh, they're absolutely horrendous when you're simming. If I were to sim 3 games, there's a high chance that I'll at least have three people severely injured. What the hell is up with that? And where did those features go where you had the opportunity to upgrade your staff, doctors, etc...? It's all so one dimensional now.

2) The horrible physics engine. They say it's revamped? My ass, it's gone ten steps in the wrong direction. I watch hockey a lot and have been playing these NHL games for a long time, but I have never seen players flop around after a nudge like they do in this game. I mean, I understand if it's a big hit; go ahead and flop around then. But, how is it possible for my most skilled player to drop like a person without bones after a simple nudge?

I know there's more that needs to be fixed, but this pisses me off on a regular basis; I'm not the only one right?

You can upgrade your staff in BAGM, it's on the phone. It might only be in the offseason, or maybe only when you have enough points, but it's definitely there

You can look at the level of your Assistant Coach,Medical,Pro Scout,Amatuer Scout and when you have enough "Task Points" you can upgrade if you have the required amount to upgrade, you can do this any day of the season or off season.

Guest Gumballthechewy

I watch hockey a lot and have been playing these NHL games for a long time, but I have never seen players flop around after a nudge like they do in this game.

:bigblush:

Going to buy the game ever 2 years now. Bought NHL 13, now waiting for NHL 15. It seems like all the odd numbers (year), have been better than the previous year, like more features added then even numbers. For example, NHL 09, 11, 13 have been better than 10, 12, and now possibly 14.

haha, sadly , this might actually be EAs system LOOOL :picard:

Going to buy the game ever 2 years now. Bought NHL 13, now waiting for NHL 15. It seems like all the odd numbers (year), have been better than the previous year, like more features added then even numbers. For example, NHL 09, 11, 13 have been better than 10, 12, and now possibly 14.

Looks like someone will be keeping the NHL 13 Thread Alive for a while..

When your A.I. forward dumps it in on a breakaway, you might be playing NHL 13.

When your goalie turns around and passes the puck into his own net, you might be playing NHL 13.

And when you score a go-ahead-goal with 1 minute remaining and the game resets to the previous faceoff, you are definitely playing NHL 13.

I fully expect to be typing the same thing a year from now for NHL 14, because "it's in the game" and it's not getting fixed.

Guest Gumballthechewy

When your A.I. forward dumps it in on a breakaway, you might be playing NHL 13.

When your goalie turns around and passes the puck into his own net, you might be playing NHL 13.

And when you score a go-ahead-goal with 1 minute remaining and the game resets to the previous faceoff, you are definitely playing NHL 13.

I fully expect to be typing the same thing a year from now for NHL 14, because "it's in the game" and it's not getting fixed.

None of that has ever happned to me.

The only issues I have with the game is the absolutely pathetic teammate AI and the ridiculous cheating opponent AI.

The hits look the same....

Some of the animations do for sure.

Here's hoping they the new hits actually work the way the said they will.

New roster update. Looks like a lot of overalls were changed.

Some rosters are off a bit though. Like Spezza in for the Sens, Tanev in for the Canucks. Kesler's finally back to play with online though. It does have Corrado with the team, but scratched. Schneider is an 87.

I haven't checked all the overalls in awhile so I'm not 100% if they were JUST changed or not.

Galchenyuk and Gallagher are both 81, and so is Yakupov.

Was Hodgson always an 81? Last time I actually checked he was 78.

Archived