The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Tambo done in Oil Town

I guess Tembo is coming back to Vancouver for some management or scouting job.

Here is what Tembo bought in to help boost the Oilers into the playoffs: Mike Brown, Mark Fistric, Jerred Smithson. :picard:

So Tembo neither stacked up for the playoffs or rebuild. He made a bunch of non-effects moves that ends up costing the Oilers more draft picks. And now they are tanking to rock bottom with no #1 pick this year. And so he was fired.

I like Mac T...I think that he has a fairly astute hockey mind,but Im not sure how that translates into being a good GM.....He will be an improvement over Tambellini though....Should be an interesting off season...Any bets on the Oilers trading one of their forwards and their 1st pick before this years draft?

Stupid move, they should be trying to do everything Pittsburgh and Chicago did. Those 2 franchises had great patience, built 2 amazing cores and won Cups.

Tambellini had done so much so well for so long. Sure the Oilers sucked, but this season was a step in the right direction and I believe with one more high pick and development, next year would have been a sure-playoff year.

Under Tambellini, the Oilers were 1 season away from a playoff birth IMO, and maybe 3 away from legitimately contending for a cup.

Archived