The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Pictures* Canucks practice yesterday (Bert+Sedins) (Weber+Hamhuis)

AriGold

“That’s a big thrill for me,” smiled Kassian after practice. “He was my idol growing up. He was a great player, he still is, he’s big and strong and skilled and has a mean streak, so there’s not much not to like about him.”

Kassian was still a member of the Buffalo Sabres last season when he hit the ice against Bertuzzi for the very first time, and, well, it was a memorable experience.

“I remember I was behind the net and he grabbed me and said ‘easy, kid’ and I just couldn’t believe it. That was a weird moment.”

Same here. I hope he gets better to play again.

His bad back has robbed him of so many games now.

Really enjoyed reading this bit from Juice:

“I can speak for Burr and myself and Kes, Bertuzzi was really good with us, he was at the peak of his career when he was here. Him and Markus and Brendan were arguably the best line in the league and it was great for us to come into the league at that time and see the level of skill and dedication that they had. We learned a lot from those guys, especially Bertuzzi, early on.”

It's so good to see Bert smiling. I really hope he can continue to play as long as he can.

If Kassian can be anything like Bertuzzi of early 2000's, I will be so happy.

Can only dream for the second coming of WCE with Kassian=Bert, Jensen=Nazzy, and Schroeder=BMo.

Loved this article and I thank Canucks.com and the people who wrote the article as well took the pictures for making this happen.

It's very cool to see past players of the Canucks are still in contact/have good relations with players still on the Canucks. Bert is all class, forget about the Moore incident. I too have met Todd in real life and he's a really nice guy, soft spoken, good hearted. That Moore incident was played out to be bigger than it really was and it's chased Bert around, haunted him and he doesn't deserve that, it's in the past and it should stay there.

Aside from that, these wonderful kodak moments are priceless... :) Kass with Bert, Bert with Bieksa, Bert with the Sedins. If only Nazzy and Morrison were there...

They need to get a reunion going of some sort and get a story on that with some priceless kodak moments and interviews. Petition anyone? :rolleyes: Linden, Bert, Nazzy, Morrison... the list goes on. One can only dream of course. -_-

Archived