The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

Have you ever been out of the province? I'm serious. In big cities, there are people from all over the world, every day. It would be exceptionally weird if there WEREN'T any Saudi nationals in Boston. Despite what you think you know about Saudi Arabia, a lot of Saudis are very worldly and well-off. They frequently travel to western countries, especially to study. And, in case you didn't know, Boston has some of the most well-respected universities in the world.

In the future, consider learning the first thing about what you're talking about before you open your mouth.

Who's to say he was running in the race? Tens of thousands of people were probably spectating... it's a widely known international event with much more than just the marathon itself.

It's absolutely no different than being a Saudi national (or of any background) during the 4th of July, and joining in to celebrate the festivities... I hope you know that.

I admit I don't know a lot about the marathon besides little snippets I have seen recently. Regardless personally I just don't picture that many Saudi nationals running around Boston. And 'just happen' to be near the blast. Seems odd to me is what I'm saying. Could be totally normal to you.

To all the people saying shame on people making jokes about this, I'm sorry that I did that really early in the thread.. I take full ownership of that and I'm not a guy who makes jokes about these things.

I just can't believe 7 other people liked it as well..

Archived