The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

Not promoting this guys ideas, but it does raise some questions nonetheless.

It will be interesting to see what measures the government implements after this. We saw the patriot act get passed after 9/11. Will there be more measures like this taken?

Deosn't look like it to me.

I would expect a "military op" to be a bit (and by a bit, I mean a lot) more well planned and carried out.

Few people in the vicinity of the explosion...two hours after the marathon winner crossed the finish line...second explosion not in an area, or at a time where first responders would have been targeted...

It looks to me like a Timothy McVeigh type nutjob...

Agreed. I don't really find it odd to see a person on a roof either. Having worked downtown for a long time people on the roof of a building seems like a fairly common occurrence.

With so much coverage out there of the event, it's easy to pick out security details and strange looking individuals then connect them to a whole string of scenarios.

The reason I never side with conspiracies and think they're ridiculous is the logistics it would realistically take to pull it off without making it obvious. The amount of people would have to be involved - the more people the higher margin for error. Lastly with a group of people committing such heinous acts I believe that at least one whistle blower would have had a change of heart and come forward with indisputable evidence.

There is no conspiracy. Just some nut jobs with a miserable life trying to project it onto others - and I'm not talking about the conspiracy theorists but about the bombers. For the sake of understanding I will try not to get frustrated with conspiracies being thrown around.

Archived