The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

They usually have pretty tight security at these events. I think that a bunch of dark-skinned men walking around with duffel bags may have drawn some concern. Unlike the sensationalistic NY Post, I'd have to agree with others on this board this it would be a case of domestic terrorism. However, we can never underestimate the lowest of excuses that Fox News et al. will use to help perpetuate a hatred of Muslims

I never really can fathom people taking pictures as tragedies unfold. Roll up your sleeves and jump in to help. Or leave and respect people's privacy and the let those in charge attend to things. Have some form of respect that extends beyond a paparazzi mentality. But to take pictures like you're in Disneyland??...I know it stems, mostly, from the mentality that people will catch that "winning" (?!) shot that'll make them thousands. But it's tacky as hell.

I never really can fathom people taking pictures as tragedies unfold. Roll up your sleeves and jump in to help. Or leave and respect people's privacy and the let those in charge attend to things. Have some form of respect that extends beyond a paparazzi mentality. But to take pictures like you're in Disneyland??...I know it stems, mostly, from the mentality that people will catch that "winning" (?!) shot that'll make them thousands. But it's tacky as hell.

Archived