The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

FACT: Americans have done this in the middle east. And by 'this' I mean killing innocent people as well.

This is no different.

Is this retaliation? Could be. Is it wrong? Very. Should they just talk it out? Sounds easy, probably not.

Set your differences aside and just make up already.

You don't think that facts are meaningful information?

You also don't have facts. You have speculation by news stations that want to take the best possible guess in an attempt to be able to say "you heard it hear first" when someone is held responsible.

There are dozens of possibilities and it is fairly useless to speculate. It is also fairly incompetent on the behalf of those people who think they are presenting facts when nothing has been proven yet.

I think some people have trouble what calling the bombing a "terrorist attack" really means.

Just because the media has been reporting that it was a terrorist attack does not necessarily mean its Al-Qaeda or some other Middle Eastern group.

It just means that it was an attack that was meant to in still fear on people in some hope of coercion.

Classifying the attack as an act of Terrorism doesn't mean that the perpetrator(s) weren't natives of where they carried out the attack.

Timothy McVeigh (Oklahoma City Bomber) was a terrorist. Ted Kaczynski (The Unabomber) was a terrorist. Both were Americans who attacked US targets with some sort of political motivation.

I am willing to bet that whoever carried out the attacks today is domestic to the US, and chose to carry out the attacks to further some sort of twisted political ideology.

You just lost all credibility (as if you had any) - I thought you weren't going to respond to my posts?

My post that offended wasn't about this marathon, it was about what Americans have done also that never gets covered on national news.

You're further proving my point about how brainwashed you are by mainstream news.

Thanks.

It's just heartbreaking

How could anyone have the heart to position and detonate bombs where innocent people are standing to take in a great event?

RIP to the deceased. Thoughts and prayers to the injured, and to those who are there helping everyone out.

lots of self righteousness in this thread.........no one seems to make threads about the daily bombings and loss of limb and life at the hands of american weapons all over the world.

Obviously when something hits close to home, it's more prevalent here....it's nothing suspect or worth condemning. Nor is it anything to do with self righteousness, it's just how it is.

It's a current issue that's based "at home" so of course it'll make the news in a "breaking" way. It affects us and, sadly, that's how most people respond. But to diminish the capacity or magnitude of the event because "it happens elsewhere" is wrong. Do we ignore something currently going down in our backyard because we don't have daily reports of other similar world events posted?

Archived