The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boston bombing thread. Please keep all talk here.

DonLever

Has CNN linked this with some sort of Muslim terrorist attack yet? lol

RIP to the 8 year old who lost his life in this tragic act of terror. My condolences to everyone who was injured and to their families.

You mean like those Muslims Adam Lanza, James Holmes, and Wade Michael Page? (Just for you I thought I should add that none of those men were Muslim)

I'm curious to hear what current events where innocent people have been killed in the US you have been hearing about?

You mean like those Muslims Adam Lanza, James Holmes, and Wade Michael Page? (Just for you I thought I should add that none of those men were Muslim)

I'm curious to hear what current events where innocent people have been killed in the US you have been hearing about?

Regardless, I'm sure for whatever faulty reasoning you have you have made up your mind that anything bad is a result of Muslims, and I'm really not inclined to waste any more time pointing out those flaws to you.

I'm sick and tired of every time anything bad happens in the US, Canadians talk about how glad they are they don't live there, implying that nothing bad ever happens here despite the reality that it does. Only, the message I specifically replied to didn't just imply it, instead it actually said that in Canada "crazy stuff like this doesnt happen." Only bombings do happen here, just maybe not this bad. So do school shootings. And Greyhound bus beheadings. And body parts sent to children's schools. And serial murders. And shootings in day cares. And all in a country with almost 1/10 the population than the US spread out over a greater geographical area.

So, yes, I absolutely see it as taking a needless and insensitive pot shot to use an ongoing tragedy to justify saying something snarky like "we're lucky because that kind of thing doesn't happen here." (Obviously a much, much, much lesser tragedy, but remember the snarky comments targeting Vancouver following the riots? Tell me you didn't think those "that sort of thing wouldn't happen here" comments were a needless and insensitive pot shot when the city could have instead used some compassion.)

It's not about Canada, it's not even about the US. It's about those people who were there who have had their lives taken or permanently altered and their loved ones.

Regardless, I'm sure for whatever faulty reasoning you have you have made up your mind that anything bad is a result of Muslims, and I'm really not inclined to waste any more time pointing out those flaws to you.

Patriots' Day (officially Patriots' Day in Massachusetts[1] and Patriot's Day in Maine[2]) is a civic holiday commemorating the anniversary of the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the first battles of the American Revolutionary War. It is observed on the third Monday in April in Massachusetts[

Archived